10. 000 Monks This Year !

dave2

I don't like those mass things at all. Has Dhammakaya written all over it; people go for it because they consider it will bring them good fortune.. That to me isn't Bhuddism. To me, making merit is driving out to the absolute smallest little village in Lamphun province or whatever and find a temple that looks like it could use some alms, and donate some interesting stuff there.

I don't like those mass things at all. Has Dhammakaya written all over it; people go for it because they consider it will bring them good fortune.. That to me isn't Bhuddism. To me, making merit is driving out to the absolute smallest little village in Lamphun province or whatever and find a temple that looks like it could use some alms, and donate some interesting stuff there.

Absolutely have to agree with this. There are some great temples even not far from the city centre. There are probably many left in the city but a number of them can be a bit too business like.

Absolutely have to agree with this. There are some great temples even not far from the city centre. There are probably many left in the city but a number of them can be a bit too business like.

Not to mention the orphanages !!

The Abbot of Wat Dorn Jun has asked my wife and I if we can supply them with 400 pairs of shorts for orphans there.. some of the girls are growing so fast that their shorts are getting TOO short and they are feeling a bit embarrased about it.

I just don't have a clue as to how to go about raising the money, I know that it's against Thai Visa rules to ask for sponsership via the forum.

The Abbot of Wat Dorn Jun has asked my wife and I if we can supply them with 400 pairs of shorts for orphans there.. some of the girls are growing so fast that their shorts are getting TOO short and they are feeling a bit embarrased about it.

I just don't have a clue as to how to go about raising the money, I know that it's against Thai Visa rules to ask for sponsership via the forum.

e-mail me. I'm interested.

e-mail me. I'm interested.

Thanks very much :) ..pm sent.

We have already had commitment from other TV members which is fantastic, if anyone else is interested I'm sure you know what to do

:D:D

I think you're being slightly unfair with this one as last year they did it to donate millions to those suffering in the South - mostly refugees I believe... but I agree with your 'motive' for saying it and therefore no negative karma will pursue you for this slight aberation of the motives behind the alms collection :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am somewhat of a new member but maybe able to help. I'm in CM and my phone is 081-487-6672.

Cheers, ED