Thailand's First Survey Of Penis Sizes Launched As Part Campaign For Safe Sex

george

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic public relations coup for Mr. Abhisit and his 'government' -- now Thai men are walking around with their heads held high -- they have world class endowment -- no second rate in measurement to any farang ---- Abhisit has told them so with this news release -- and proved it with his little paper measuring device !

Mr. Thaksin never did anything this wonderful for the Thal male ego .

Edited by tigermonkey

Thailand is a major manufacturer and exporter of condoms for western nations. Next time you are in a Alliance-Unichem (Boots) /Walgreens/CVS/ TESCO/ADSA pick up a box of condoms. It will most likely say Made in Thailand. My understanding is that the Thai facilities still supply most of the west. That means that the condoms sold in the west are the same as the ones in Thailand.

Read the facts here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durex

Thai the world's hub for rubbers? I think not.

Just a random thought - does Thailand go in for condom piracy? Are the thingies used to wrap frankfurters packaged to look like the real thing?

A wiki entry means nothing. Go look at the SSl annual report. SSL owns Durex and is also an important sponsor of HIV prevention activity in the developing world. 46% of SSL revenues come Durex. Of the 5,000 employees worldwide - 3800 are in the Asia pacific region with the 3 largest manufacturing facilities in Thailand, China and India. China and India supply for the local market. The Thai facilities are approved for export purposes by western health agencies. And yes, Thailand is a major suupplier of the world's condoms. As I wrote, go and look at the condom packages.

I have to laugh at that tool to measure. It only goes to 56mm, the same as Thai condoms. Interesting that they can't conceive of anyone being bigger than that.

I spend so much time and effort trying to get a 56 on, that I usually lose my erection. Having the woman put it on stops that, but not all women will do it. I have larger condoms shipped from the states now. If you are thick, I'd recommend the Magnum XL it is the biggest out there, easy to put on. It is however a bit thick for my taste. Second is the Trustex extra large, it is bigger than 56mm, though not as big as the Magnum XL, it is very thin, for maximum pleasure. Warning: I have had a couple of the Trustex break. I stick with the Magnum XL now. There is a site will ship to Thailand at a resonable cost. I buy 100 at a time to save shipping cost. They always send me a discount coupon by e-mail for my next buy, it just about covers shipping on the next order. Here is their web address http://www.undercovercondoms.com/Condoms/T...ID=CondomStyles

If Thai condoms are to small for you I highly recommend the site, and the two condoms listed. If you are long, but don't need that big around, the regular Magnum is a good choice.

Here in Thailand, I found that all 56mm's are not equal. I've only found 3 brands. The easiest to find is the Durex 56mm, in the blue package. It is also the biggest of the three. One brand I found claiming to be 56 mm, I couldn't even put on myself, it was so small, and then only rolled out about 4 inches. The Durex will roll out to about 6 inches which covers the average western man.

post-90387-1258785804_thumb.jpg

post-90387-1258785994_thumb.jpg

post-90387-1258786011_thumb.jpg

post-90387-1258786027_thumb.jpg

Ahh the western guys are loving this thread. Nothing like a bit of ego massaging. Much like what many of the lovely Thai ladies are doing when they tell you stories about how big you are in comparison to the local men. Most men seem overly obsessed by their nether regions, and the women who like to twist you around their little fingers know that. So Mr "Handsum" Farang man, with the "oh you so big!" nether regions, why not check your egos at the door and exchange it for a little bag of reality. But, maybe thats asking too much.

Ego what ego

Haven,t spotted this classic on the thread so while the fun rolls on and yes eek it does ring a bell in my case.................

I used to have a 9 inch c*ck and 1 wrinkle.

Now I have 9 wrinkles and a 1 inch c*ck

They do get smaller, but most are still the same when standing to attention, ready for duty. :D

marshbags :)

Edited by marshbags

Ahh the western guys are loving this thread. Nothing like a bit of ego massaging. Much like what many of the lovely Thai ladies are doing when they tell you stories about how big you are in comparison to the local men. Most men seem overly obsessed by their nether regions, and the women who like to twist you around their little fingers know that. So Mr "Handsum" Farang man, with the "oh you so big!" nether regions, why not check your egos at the door and exchange it for a little bag of reality. But, maybe thats asking too much.

Guess your another poor undersized wretch. :)

Some trivia:

Some Trivia.....

The first sexually active animal: sharks

The most primitive species with chromosones differentiated between male and female: Papaya

Which character trait developed first; fighting aggression or sexual aggression?

Answer: neither. They developed at around the same time in the evolutionary scale of things.

Species with the most sexual hang-ups: (a no brainer) .... people. Indeed, we're the only species with any sexual hang-ups, unless you count same sex bonding among some animals.

A male pig can have an orgasm lasting a half hour.

Condom sizes are based on the width size of a flat laying condom. So measure the Circumference and divide by approximately 2. Also note that a flat laying condom is smaller at the entrance end then at the middle of the condom to minimize slipping off.

Actually it is "divide by 3.14 or approximately 3!"

The Cancún LifeStyle study, in which the circumference of the shaft was measured at three points (base, mid-shaft, and just below the head) and then averaged, found an average of 12.63 cm (4.972 inches) with a standard deviation of 1.3 cm (0.5 in).[8]

Human Penis size

So, by that definition, the average is about 4cm width, but more importantly, the average circumference is 126 mm :)

This would make a great poll (fnarr, fnarr).

If you have a real girlfriend and not one that you "assist" financially, why would you be using a condom in the first place? Don't trust each other? Oral or injected contraception is pretty common and quite affordable. Unless there is some valid medical reason for not going on the pill or having the once-every-three-months injection (very few women cannot use one or the other), I see no reason at all for using party hats with your exclusive, significant "other."

Condoms are for having sex with strangers, or for those you can't or don't trust.

Edited by theyincorporated

I love these urban myths about guys with a penis so large it doesn't fit into the typical condom. Well golly gee, if kids can still make water balloons and field biologists can use them as tube shields etc.r I think the typical Thai latex condom will stretch the extra few mm to accomodate you long dong silver types.

Yes there are some larger version condoms on the market, but do you want to know a secret? It's more for marketing purposes than it is for market need. Don't believe me? Look at the standards set by the various regulatory bodies. The condoms have to accomodate a range of sizes. If anything, there are complaints from some Indian health workers that the size used to set the minimums are too big. Yup, that's right, the Indian manufacturers wanted to make them smaller.

Thailand is a major manufacturer and exporter of condoms for western nations. Next time you are in a Alliance-Unichem (Boots) /Walgreens/CVS/ TESCO/ADSA pick up a box of condoms. It will most likely say Made in Thailand. My understanding is that the Thai facilities still supply most of the west. That means that the condoms sold in the west are the same as the ones in Thailand.

Oh and for all of you boys boasting about condoms falling off because your shlongs are so big, you may want to be a tad more discrete. The condom is most likely to fall off in very tight positions. The typical vagina is stretchy/pliable, assuming some of you are really with a woman and have not been confused by a Pattaya based kathoey. :) The zone that's usually pretty tight is the anus. Lost condoms and slippage are more often than not associated with anal intercourse. So, you manly men, shhhh or else your secret might, leak as they say. :D

Many of the shirts in the west are also made in Thailand but it doesnt mean they are the same size.

Yes the local condoms do roll off for me during vaginal sex....anal sex I couldnt say..so I can only believe you as you seem to be the expert there! :D

No it doesn't. It means that the condoms sold in the west are manufactured in the same facilities as the condoms sold in Thailand.

If you have a real girlfriend and not one that you "assist" financially, why would you be using a condom in the first place? Don't trust each other? Oral or injected contraception is pretty common and quite affordable. Unless there is some valid medical reason for not going on the pill or having the once-every-three-months injection (very few women cannot use one or the other), I see no reason at all for using party hats with your exclusive, significant "other." Condoms are for having sex with strangers, or for those you can't or don't trust.

Trust? Depo injections!

Faith? The pill...

There seem to be a lot of frayed egos now. :)

Many of the shirts in the west are also made in Thailand but it doesnt mean they are the same size.

Yes the local condoms do roll off for me during vaginal sex....anal sex I couldnt say..so I can only believe you as you seem to be the expert there! :D

The manufacture of a condom is different than that of clothing. The calibration of machinery is different and you just can't go about changing designs without dealing with the certification issues. If a condom is regularly falling off your penis during vaginal sex, it's most likely because you have not applied it properly. You may wish to ensure your skin is dry and that the interior of the condom is not moistened or otherwise lubricated. A properly manufactured condom that is applied correctly will not fall off.

No it doesn't. It means that the condoms sold in the west are manufactured in the same facilities as the condoms sold in Thailand.

Let's back up and look at the top condom brands and where they are manufactured

Trojan - USA, Durex -U.K., India, and Thailand, Lifestyle: India and Thailand and Kimono/Beyond 7/Cown: Japan

Now let's look at what's common in Thailand, ok? Lifestyle and Durex. SSL which owns Durex uses the UK for specialty products. The generic mass market condoms come from Thailand and Durex has stated that it manufactures a one size fits all. If a consumer wants something bigger, the consumer can purchase the more expensive "bigger" size. Lifestyle also manufactures a one size fits all. The Indian and Chinese manufacturing facilities are intended to service local Indian and Chinese markets which dwarf the western markets.

How do I know the condoms sold will be the same in Thailand as they are in the west? Because the manufacturer says so. And because a latex condom stretches. A standard condom can easily accomodate a range in sizes. If it couldn't then college kids would have stopped tossing condoms from dorm roofs long ago and condoms would not be abble to pass EU and US standards. It is not economically feasble to change manufacturing processes and recertify to make a "different" size when there is no need for the change. There are specific larger sizes available to address this need. If someone needs a bigger condom, they can buy them, but the standard condom has always been one size fits all.

Increase turnover for rubber industry?

"Safe Sex" with a Condom is just one other "urban myth", cause they can slip off easely anyime and not being felt/detected...

there is only one type of "safe sex" = NONE!

Are you relative of the pope or G.W. Bush? :)

Sex is the best anti-depressive when shared with the one you love!!!

So if you and your partner have only one exclusive partner, have a test and enjoy without rubber :D

(then your concern would be about contraceptive method...)

Better to have 2 tests, 3 months apart, just to be sure. :D

^ Absolutely! ..and thank heavens for that!! I have ZERO inches in that department. :D

oops I stand corrected...should read 'penis envy' :)

Yes, because it just HAS to be one or the other, doesnt it.

Well no worries, my lack of dick is compensated by you being one.

:D

MY wife once bought size 49 & I kid you not, I had to cut the thing off. That thing hurt like crazy!

I can use the largest sold in Thailand 56? But I go witht the 52, it just gives me an added since of security... I wouldn't want slippage.... & yes married folks use condoms too!!!!

But now, she had her "tubes tied" after our last child was born...

"Charlie Good"

So from experience, I know for a fact that the 49 is not a "one size fits" all condom. It may be the size that fits the Thai market, but it for sure doesn't fit me. If you really think the 49/52/56 are all the same size, waste the money and try them for your self.

I don't know what the big deal is by claiming that the Thai male penis is smaller.... Why shouldn't it be, in most cases, everything about Thais are proportionaly smaller than westerners. It is just the way things are, no real mystery. If black people really do have bigger schlongs.... more power to them! But I have been told by a many of girls, that "Too long" can be painful. I would hate to have "all that" and not be able to use it!!! But I imagine I could learn to cope.

Edited by Dakhar

There seem to be a lot of frayed egos now. :)

The manufacture of a condom is different than that of clothing. The calibration of machinery is different and you just can't go about changing designs without dealing with the certification issues. If a condom is regularly falling off your penis during vaginal sex, it's most likely because you have not applied it properly. You may wish to ensure your skin is dry and that the interior of the condom is not moistened or otherwise lubricated. A properly manufactured condom that is applied correctly will not fall off.

Well it seems that at 58 years old I still dont know how to apply a condom?? (unless its a Magnum) And I must be buying them in the wrong places coz I have never come across a condom that isnt lubricated??

If you have a real girlfriend and not one that you "assist" financially, why would you be using a condom in the first place? Don't trust each other? Oral or injected contraception is pretty common and quite affordable. Unless there is some valid medical reason for not going on the pill or having the once-every-three-months injection (very few women cannot use one or the other), I see no reason at all for using party hats with your exclusive, significant "other."

Condoms are for having sex with strangers, or for those you can't or don't trust.

Not necessarily. I for one would not be happy with my wife/girlfriend taking oral or injected contraceptives for a long period of time. All medicines play around with body chemistry and who knows the long term effects. If there was a male contraceptive would men be happy to take it for 15-20 years? Without thinking about potential side-effects?

Not necessarily. I for one would not be happy with my wife/girlfriend taking oral or injected contraceptives for a long period of time. All medicines play around with body chemistry and who knows the long term effects. If there was a male contraceptive would men be happy to take it for 15-20 years? Without thinking about potential side-effects?

My wife took the "shot" in two consecutive intervals just as the doctor ordered. She was sterile for 5 years. We actually thought we would never have children due to the shot. Eventually after 5 years her body recovered and she became pregnant. After the birth of our first child, it became time again to select a form of B. control. She tried the pill, and honestly it made her so moody etc etc. So we opted for the condom.

She hates the cpndoms, as for me, I didn't really mind.

Any how, like I said, tubes tied now so no issues.