Banglamung Cable Internet Service Goes Bazeerk

FarangBuddha

I don't know when it started, but sometime last nite while I was sleeping, B-TV's cable internet service kicked up my connection speeds big-time. When I awoke and checked the progress of my torrents from last nite, I saw I was getting up and down speeds of over 1MB/s (1012kB/s) simultaneously. This has continues as I write this at 1 p.m. Friday. Of course, the first thing I did when I awoke was to load up some more TV and movie torrents from my favorite tracking sites and am just being a torrent hog today :)

This upload speed also gives me a great chance to increase my sharing ratio with the torrent file community.

I find these gifts of speed happen occasionally with B-TV for no apparent reason. I pay for a 400 kB/s connection and usually I get at or slightly above this speed but 1mB/s BOTH WAYS is unheard of.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Huh, that's the equivalent of 8 mbps! Not too unusual nowadays on download, with True going up to 16 Mbps.

What is positively strange is the same speed on upload! No ADSL connection can supply that (tops out at 1 mbps), so I wonder what kind of main feed BTV got in, can only be fiber I think!

That is of course if you aren't mixing up bits and Bytes!

Exactly, my package is advertised at 4mbps...but I'm getting over double that for an extended time period. Like I said, this happens sometimes...I just enjoy it and line up lots of torrents during these times :D

I am still getting 1MB/s (1001 kB/s) up and down...it's 4 in the afternoon now.

B990 per month :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Well seems you are very lucky to get these results.

I also use BTV internet on the same service and have not seen any improvement in speed unfortunately

Just did a check and am getting a 17ms Ping Latency, 2.57mbs Download and 0.45mbs upload from here to Bangkok and a 321ms Ping Latency, 2.60mbs download and 0.30 upload to New York using Speedtest.net

Maybe they are improving things and it will take a while to filter out to me.

Well seems you are very lucky to get these results.

I also use BTV internet on the same service and have not seen any improvement in speed unfortunately

Just did a check and am getting a 17ms Ping Latency, 2.57mbs Download and 0.45mbs upload from here to Bangkok and a 321ms Ping Latency, 2.60mbs download and 0.30 upload to New York using Speedtest.net

Maybe they are improving things and it will take a while to filter out to me.

This morning, all is back to "normal." 400-500kB/s down and 40-50kB/s up. Like I said, once and awhile, I get these huge speed bursts for a period of time. This time was unusually long at somewhere around 18-24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

How is banglamung cable internet as far as browsing websites? Right now i have 3bb Premier package which is advertised at 3mb down 1mb up but 2 weeks now Im only 1mb down they said I was too far away now.. I guess my house moved farther away :) because I had 2mb down for 8 months.

So im looking for another service in the Pattaya/banglamung area, what kind of prices do they have and they do not have a website?