• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Best Way To Get Outta Town

saorsa

Go from anywhere on sukhumvit onto bangkok chonburi expressway, look for the exit on the left going to Bang Pa In before the the airport, when you make it to saraburi express , then just follow the road signs.get off on the saraburi bypass heading to Petchebun and get to ptchebun you will see chiayapun signs

Edited by MegaRanter

Go from anywhere on sukhumvit onto bangkok chonburi expressway, look for the exit on the left going to Bang Pa In before the the airport, when you make it to saraburi express , then just follow the road signs.get off on the saraburi bypass heading to Petchebun and get to ptchebun you will see chiayapun signs

Since this is the "Bikes in Thailand" sub-forum, lets assume OP will be on a bike, which means NO TOLLWAYS out of Bangkok. Which means there is no good way to get out of town. It looks like the "best" way for you on a bike is Pahon Yothin Road all the way out, which becomes Route 1, which eventually hits Route 2. Not sure where you are on Sukhumvit, but Rachada intersects with Pahon Yothin.

Someone else may have a better idea ????

BTW Saorsa, have a great ride - should be good once you get out of greater BKK

Edited by Netfan

That's near me. Only 1 good way to go really...

Sukhumvit 62 to On-Nut to Rom Klao then cut across Lat Krabang Industrial Estate to Chalong Kreung. Follow Chalong Kreung to the village of Nong Chok - Follow the road to Prachinburi - Over the Mountain to Korat ... etc etc.

yep, on bike. Last time i tried with garmin zumo it kept tryin to make me take toll roads :) 40,000thb for a paperweight!

I'll take it off your hands for the cost of a paperweight :D

You can't be telling me you haven't looked into the options and ticked 'avoid tollways'?

yep, on bike. Last time i tried with garmin zumo it kept tryin to make me take toll roads :) 40,000thb for a paperweight!

You can't be telling me you haven't looked into the options and ticked 'avoid tollways'?

Duh, yes i checked avoid tollways, but it still tried to send me on them. I did try emailing garmin about it, but nothing came of it.

That's near me. Only 1 good way to go really...

Sukhumvit 62 to On-Nut to Rom Klao then cut across Lat Krabang Industrial Estate to Chalong Kreung. Follow Chalong Kreung to the village of Nong Chok - Follow the road to Prachinburi - Over the Mountain to Korat ... etc etc.

Er, Korat, Pratchin Buri?? Wrong direction completely mate.

Get onto Vipawadi/Rangsit road (the road the goes past Don Meung airport), and just keep going straight for about 200 km's until you see the signs for Chaiyapum. Rangsit - (Highway 1 to:) Saraburi - (Highway 2 to:) Miterapap where you take the 201 all the way to - Chaiyapum.

Google map of turnoff to 201. Here.

Duh, yes i checked avoid tollways, but it still tried to send me on them. I did try emailing garmin about it, but nothing came of it.

So how much is a rock worth to you? 10 baht perhaps? 20? :)

Also; I have no problems with avoiding tollways using my Garmin Nuvi 350.

Once you do the correct route to get out, make sure you waypoint the info into your GPS and the next time you shouldn't have any dramas.

arse!! I need to stop posting when im drunk...going to Chom Phon, not chaya phum!! oh well, my mate reckons rama4 then rama 3 then rama2 or something like that
Chom Phon? :)    It appears posting when sober isn't much of an improvement. I'm guessing you mean Chumphon.

Head South!

arse!! I need to stop posting when im drunk...going to Chom Phon, not chaya phum!! oh well, my mate reckons rama4 then rama 3 then rama2 or something like that
Chom Phon? :) It appears posting when sober isn't much of an improvement. I'm guessing you mean Chumphon.

I was drunk 2nd time too. I took Rama 4, then turn off sathorn, over thaksin bridge then rama2 until I got to main highway south. was pretty painless. Yet again, on way home today, GPS tried to make me take tollway, so I ignored it and took rama2, rama3 to klong toie (took all those flyovers that say no motorbikes as was much quicker that way), then rama4 again. I think the GPS has it in it's head that rama2 expressway is not a tollway as it tries to make me take that road whether i go from suksouth or south to suk. will send another email to garmin and see if they do anything about it this time