Coin Laundry Mat - Do It Yourself

coolxten

At the back of Central Kad Suan Kaew, where Art Space and the music shops are, there is a coin operated launderette on the corner. Quiet road and soi.

Here's a thought, some FAB, two hands and a bathtub, but alas no meter.

I can think of far more interesting ways to spend an afternoon than hand washing clothes. But whatever floats your boat.

Edited by eek

consider getting one of those inexpensive agitators washer machines. The one I have does not have a spin capability but it only costs 1500 baht and I rarely need to visit a laundary place anymore.

It has a motor and timer. You put in your clothes and water/soap and it rotates and counter rotates until the timer turn it off. It's basically glorified handwashing but great time and effort saver.

I got mine at Siam TV but they are sold all over. For a little more can even buy a real washer with spin cycle. Easy to use these things in the bathroom/shower.

There's a shop called "Washy Mashy" on Huey Kaew, just a little west of the Shell station. It's on the same side as the Shell station. It's immediately east of Srithana Commercial College.

They have coin-operated washing machines and "real" dryers that have heat. They also do laundry and we used them for our towels when we lived in that part of town. It's the closest thing to a western-style laundromat that I've seen here. They also do a good job with dry cleaning, but I don't think they have self-service dry cleaning.

They're open 8 am to 6 pm, closed on Sundays.