Bastards!

Blues Factory

The Blues Factory is proud to announce that the Bastards from Bangkok will be performing in the bar on Friday 22nd January.

The Bastards are a glam, punk, rock group made up from expat Farangs and Thai's and are very well known in the clubs in BKK as well as having a regular gig at The Rock Pub in Bangkok.

They haven't played Pattaya for over 4 years but they are back with a vengeance.

Doors open at 9pm with all drinks (except remy, breezers or cocktails) at 100bht except draught beer which is 50bht until 1000 pm.

Music from The Blues Machine featuring Snowman and Mary from 945pm with The Bastards taking the stage sometime after then last act is of course "The Guitar King" of Thailand Lam Morrison and The Rock Machine..

Hope to see you there.

:)

Edited by Blues Factory

• 2 weeks later...
Dave the Dude - are you insane - Can see Lam any time. (no insult, I like him too) The Bastards are are special occassion!!!!! These guys you do not want to miss!!!

Probably, but calm down Aussiechick, I only asked a question. :) (& thanks Dave)

Enjoy your evening BTW

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

For those of you that missed last night - they will be back.

For those of you who left 'cause it wasn't the "norm" - you missed some great music.

For the ones that stayed and complained about the band loudly and rudely when other people were there for the band - why bother?

The best thing is the Bastards do songs other bands in Pattaya don't do - makes a change to hear a range of songs from a really good rock band that you know the band in the next bar is not going to be doing!!!

post-55814-1264213287_thumb.jpg

post-55814-1264213585_thumb.jpg

Somebody post here please when they come back.

Would make a change from Lam. Love him though I do I thought he was getting a little bit past it last time I saw him. [Oh dear now there's a prompt for some flaming!]

Edited by SantiSuk

It was an enjoyable experience once they got going.

My partner was keen to leave with many others about half way through their deafening set. Once Nigel? abandoned his drums and sang My Way it took off and we stayed. The crowd who arrived later to hear Lam play definitely improved the atmosphere and the place buzzed.

I don't understand why Dave allows his bands to play at such a dangerous and damaging volume. My partner is still complaining of ringing in the ears now which is 12 hours later. No doubt rock musicians are used to it and have already damaged their hearing irretrievably but many potential customers find such an aural assault painful and unwelcome.

Despite the above, we enjoyed the band and as Aussiechick says they had an unusual for Pattaya repertoire. No hotel California! :)

Genuine Blues Factory Ear Plugs would make a good addition at the bar.

Somebody post here please when they come back.

Would make a change from Lam. Love him though I do I thought he was getting a little bit past it last time I saw him. [Oh dear now there's a prompt for some flaming!]

He's 65 now and yes some nights he gets a bit tired but for the last year or so his health has been great and he can still turn it on despite his age.

:)

Correct Me if I'm wrong, But, "The Blues Factory" are't you suppose to be promoting "BLUES"!!!

Why? Its just a name and it was named before I became part of the place, Blues Factory has had a rock band for 7 years or so now.

:D

It was an enjoyable experience once they got going.

My partner was keen to leave with many others about half way through their deafening set. Once Nigel? abandoned his drums and sang My Way it took off and we stayed. The crowd who arrived later to hear Lam play definitely improved the atmosphere and the place buzzed.

I don't understand why Dave allows his bands to play at such a dangerous and damaging volume. My partner is still complaining of ringing in the ears now which is 12 hours later. No doubt rock musicians are used to it and have already damaged their hearing irretrievably but many potential customers find such an aural assault painful and unwelcome.

Despite the above, we enjoyed the band and as Aussiechick says they had an unusual for Pattaya repertoire. No hotel California! :D

Genuine Blues Factory Ear Plugs would make a good addition at the bar.

As you know they aren't my band so obviously we can't be aware straight away of their levels, I brought them down quite as earlier they were loud but that was down to their levels on stage and the power of the drummer and of course I can't control the guitar amps and the drums, IMO a rock band or live music club should be loudish but agreed not deafening and agreed some aren't used to it but it is a live music club not a lounge bar. I think we got a nice balance half way through though but I too was also surprised at their power on the stage which I have to say isn't always a bad thing, they are used top playing in the Rock Pub and haven't played Blues Factory for over 5 years so it was different.

They will be back in the future and as said themselves the next time they want to revert back to their older style which is more classic rock with Bowie, The Clash etc.

Thanks for coming everyone and thanks for the feedback.

:D

Edited by Blues Factory