Good Gym

MyphuketLife

NaiHarn gym if your close to Rawai is the best I have found. New, smallish but 3 new treadmills, AC, and advertised price is 1700/mo. Good staff, lockers/showers, free workout and shower towels, and free bananas. Bill, the owner, has paid for everything is paid for so it's unlikely to suddenly close just after paying for a year like so many other gyms in Phuket have been known to do.

Chalong gym went through an ownership change and looks nicer and cleaner now. Now Thai owned. Worth a check.

BTW myphuketlife, great avatar. If you can tell, mine is of Mr. Anwar pointing to the Tuk Tuk driver that assaulted him. Last night they blockaded another resort. Scumbags.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

NaiHarn gym if your close to Rawai is the best I have found. New, smallish but 3 new treadmills, AC, and advertised price is 1700/mo. Good staff, lockers/showers, free workout and shower towels, and free bananas. Bill, the owner, has paid for everything is paid for so it's unlikely to suddenly close just after paying for a year like so many other gyms in Phuket have been known to do.

Chalong gym went through an ownership change and looks nicer and cleaner now. Now Thai owned. Worth a check.

BTW myphuketlife, great avatar. If you can tell, mine is of Mr. Anwar pointing to the Tuk Tuk driver that assaulted him. Last night they blockaded another resort. Scumbags.

I will check them both out thanks. I know where the Chalong gym is where is the NaiHarn Gym?

Yeah I see they blocked a resort again for trying to put in place a shuttle bus. These guys seem to be able to do what ever they want and not have any problems. I can't believe with all the complaints that no one in BKK is doing anything...

Edited by MyphuketLife

The gym in Royal phuket city hotel is not open till 11pm but is completely empty during the day(except for the rare 35kg asian male with 5 personal trainer, and the bargirls with their dying 80yo english boyfriend sitting around the pool)

millionmachines and decent amount of freeweight stuff

but only thing that counts is a good empty sauna and steam room :)

The gym in Royal phuket city hotel is not open till 11pm but is completely empty during the day(except for the rare 35kg asian male with 5 personal trainer, and the bargirls with their dying 80yo english boyfriend sitting around the pool)

millionmachines and decent amount of freeweight stuff

but only thing that counts is a good empty sauna and steam room :)

They don't by chance have a heated jacuzzi hottub? That doesn't seem to be very popular here. I really miss the post workout soaks.

I forgot to add for the benefit of the OP, the price of 9,000 is per couple so that's what my wife and I pay for joint membership, as I recall single membership is 7,000 for six months although I'm not certain of this point.