What No Rugby Forum!

am i dreaming wales 30 england 3,this is not a misprint i repeat wales 30 england 3clap2.gif

will the english get paid for that performance,they should have worn yellow,bah.gif

there was not a white rugby shirt to be seen[worn] in st.mary st.cheesy.gif

steve walsh at his bestbiggrin.png

cant wait to see the the newspapers.coffee1.gif

jesus i am lost for wordstongue.png

over to you tigerfishwhistling.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i dreaming wales 30 england 3,this is not a misprint i repeat wales 30 england 3clap2.gif

will the english get paid for that performance,they should have worn yellow,bah.gif

I don't think the scoreline flattered the Welsh, but it was unfairly harsh on the English. It was a good game, and at the end of the first half, there was still all to play for,

what price tickets for sat.16th march wales vs england[cardiff]

englands next 2 games at home

news flash wales ends englands hope of a grand slam.

now for some taffyness

gwent police report heavy traffic going east over the seven bridge

the traffic is cuing up all the way back to cardiff

there seems to be a lot of sick on the motorway but cars,buses and chariots are not slowing down

cardiff int.airport are also reporting passengers turning up early trying to get on any spare seats to stansed

now that the dust has settled on the m4 back to england a coment from writer pat.collins daily mail

this was stuff of sheer fantasy beyond audacious dreams.

alan bennet of the sunday mirr.writes england can still take something home,some brains maybe[sa] skull attack.

captain robshaw said he is ready for welsh dirty tricks,would that be some birds on bute st.

but the grog or mug whatever you want to call it goes to austin healy,who wrote on his website he would bet everyone[3million] in wales £1

that england wins.

i always thought austin healy was a car.

them grogs of him are going to be priceless

what price tickets for sat.16th march wales vs england[cardiff]

englands next 2 games at home

news flash wales ends englands hope of a grand slam.

now for some taffyness

gwent police report heavy traffic going east over the seven bridge

the traffic is cuing up all the way back to cardiff

there seems to be a lot of sick on the motorway but cars,buses and chariots are not slowing down

cardiff int.airport are also reporting passengers turning up early trying to get on any spare seats to stansed

I'm a bit disappointed and fair play to the welsh. You played well and fully deserved the win.

Atleast i can console myself in the fact that egg chasing isn't a very important sport. God forbaid it was football or cricket!!biggrin.png

Sometimes it's disappointing to be a Welsh supporter, sometimes it"s frustrating. But sometimes it"s brilliant. I'm sad for Ireland, but even sadder that the only good rugby they played was against us. Back to back Grand Slams would have been immense.

yes steve walsh at his best if i had been an england supporter i wouldnt have been happy,there is history with him england officials had him banned 2003 so i expect he thought revenge is sweet.looking at his career as an official and the previous should he have been appointed.well lets see what comes of this complaint by england,not sour grapes by them as he did have one or two smirks on his face.if it is found that he has been biased against eng.that should be his last game we dont need this in our great game.

^ poor form and totally unprofessional from Rowntree to go crying to the media.

After any such match both sides furnish a referee's report, the referee's performance is peer-reviewed in every instance.

For Rowntree to pre-empt the formal review process he comes across as nothing but a sore loser.

Wait till the review processes are complete, then comment.

^ poor form and totally unprofessional from Rowntree to go crying to the media.

After any such match both sides furnish a referee's report, the referee's performance is peer-reviewed in every instance.

For Rowntree to pre-empt the formal review process he comes across as nothing but a sore loser.

Wait till the review processes are complete, then comment.

the only thing rowntree is good at is making fruit pastilles.

don't know if this gets shown on any of the cable TV channels here?

HSBC Rugby Sevens World Series, Hong Kong

WIZIWIG says they have three internet channels from 3pm (Thai time) today

I think Fox Sports have it live on Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon - check your schedules, though.

I'll be on the latest scores from the office this evening

SC

what a feast today, rugby union super 15.

10.30am. hurricanes vs.kings.

13.30pm. chiefs vs.blues.

15.30pm. brumbies vs. bulls.

22.00pm cheetahs vs.rebels.

the best saved for last 12.00am.stormers vs. crusaders.

^ I didn't see the Stormers/Crusaders match - very surprised at the result to be honest I didn't give Crusaders a chance and expected to read of a 15-20 point loss this morning.

Enjoyed Chiefs Blues, low scoring and great defence both sides

I'd picked seven wins for home teams this weekend, now on four from six, with one to go this afternoon - won't watch that one, Waratahs v Force.

Sevens from Tokyo on now (online options VIPSportsbox)

subtract 2hrs for Thai time

29. 31 Mar 2013 - 10:28 Fiji FIJ.png 0 - 0 AUS.png Australia QF Cup

30. 31 Mar 2013 - 10:50 New Zealand NZL.png 0 - 0 USA.png United States QF Cup

31. 31 Mar 2013 - 11:12 Samoa SAM.png 0 - 0 RSA.png South Africa QF Cup

32. 31 Mar 2013 - 11:34 Scotland SCO.png 0 - 0 FRA.png France QF Cup

33. 31 Mar 2013 - 11:56 Spain ESP.png 0 - 0 CAN.png Canada SF Shield

34. 31 Mar 2013 - 12:18 Portugal POR.png 0 - 0 _N_.png Japan SF Shield

35. 31 Mar 2013 - 12:40 Argentina ARG.png 0 - 0 KEN.png Kenya SF Bowl

36. 31 Mar 2013 - 13:02 England ENG.png 0 - 0 _N_.png Wales SF Bowl

Edited by cycloneJ

^ I didn't see the Stormers/Crusaders match - very surprised at the result to be honest I didn't give Crusaders a chance and expected to read of a 15-20 point loss this morning.

Enjoyed Chiefs Blues, low scoring and great defence both sides

I'd picked seven wins for home teams this weekend, now on four from six, with one to go this afternoon - won't watch that one, Waratahs v Force.

some great games yesterday,76pts,39,43,50,but the last too warm,tooooooo much cider and toooooooooooooooo tired,hope i can get the sevens from hk.its got a special place in my heart,had a stopover in bkk.1988 on route and i met my dear wf.

Remaining matches (Thai time) on now

1:17 Argentina ARG.png 0 - 0 ENG.png England - Final Bowl

1:42 United States USA.png 0 - 0 SCO.png Scotland - Final Plate

2:07 Australia AUS.png 0 - 0 FRA.png France - Third Place

2:33 New Zealand NZL.png 0 - 0 RSA.png South Africa - Final Cup

Edited by cycloneJ

Heineken Cup Quarter finals

Harlequins 12 - Munster 19

5 to 1 before the start. Munster put on a fine performance led by inspirational Captain Paul O'Connell, just back from long term injury.

Very exciting encounter, close throughout with Munster having the edge. I'm very happy today biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the Lions squad which was announced today.

would have been great to see Johnny Wilkinson make it, but i can understand the reason behind him not going.

a bit shocked not to see Chris Robshaw not included and that's not just because i am English. just think he has been at the top of his game now and set a very high standard for the past 2 years or so. and believe me that's a real compliment coming from a Wasps supporter talking about a Harlequin player.

again a bit disappointed not to see a few more Scots make the squad. think they have come on as a nation playing as a good unit with some real talent among their ranks.

cant really argue with the Welsh contingent and it was always going to be on the cards, especially with Gatlands close relationship with the principality. not too convinced about some of the Irish lads in there a long with some of the older picks. yes experience is priceless on a tour of this nature, but i think hes gone a bit wrong somewhere a long the line with his choices although i do hold him in the highest regard and esteem as a coach.

think the Aussies will feel they can pick at a few weaknesses though, plus use their home advantage of staging the tests as an even bigger weapon now. where as before i would have had the Lions to trounce them into the turf this time around before today's announcements and strong favorites up against a weaker injury hit Wallaby side.

Edited by tigerfish

I note you didn't make the squad mate.....hope that ankle injury has healed up now? biggrin.png

yes mate, back in good working order and fully fit.

just gutted though i didn't make the squad !

no not that squad, the one that goes on tour around OZ taking in all the drinking traditions and customs from the locals.

but as you have probably guessed by now, Mrs TF nipped that idea in the butt a long time ago. sad.png

Edited by tigerfish

Am I right in thinking that the Lions tour clashes with the Scotland trip to South Africa, so while it is a bit embarrassing to be contributing so little, it leaves us better-placed for our own duties? We don't have quite the same breadth of talent to spare as the English or Irish ...

Glasgow Sevens at the weekend, bytheway, though the Star Sports coverage is limited

SC

Am I right in thinking that the Lions tour clashes with the Scotland trip to South Africa, so while it is a bit embarrassing to be contributing so little, it leaves us better-placed for our own duties? We don't have quite the same breadth of talent to spare as the English or Irish ...

Glasgow Sevens at the weekend, bytheway, though the Star Sports coverage is limited

SC

come on jock what about us boyo's we are only a valley.

SC

Elsewhere, the fora are full of Welsh fellas whinging about the weakness of their regional teams and how they can't support four regions. Maybe the solution would be for one of the regions to switch codes...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

SC

Yes but we have satellite TV and such in Scotland.....and fewer sheep tae catch.

Edit: I know I know....clutching at Loch Ness monsters noo....

Edited by smokie36

SC

Yes but we have satellite TV and such in Scotland.....and fewer sheep tae catch.

Edit: I know I know....clutching at Loch Ness monsters noo....

I might dip down to the Reef tonight, it's a bit of a dive, but the friendliest pub in the neighbourhood. Not on a rugby night, though, their TV sports selection leaves a lot to be desired. Pool's more the game down there.

SC

I was surprised at Robshaws omission, also Rory Best. I'm not surprised about JW but am by the fact we only have 2 FHs. As a james hook supporter I would have liked to have seen him go as he can play 3 positions, but as a welsh supporter not that shocked. Owen Farrell going is another strange pick if you ask me. generally a good choice of tourists though and i seriously believe we could win the 3 tests, even with so many Welshmen in the squadbiggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...