What Are The Buses Or Trains To These Malls ?

healthcaretaker

Can someone please let me know which of these Malls can have direct buses, BTS or subways or nearest to Chinatown(near Wat Trimit/Riverside), Siam Square, Pratum, Silom or International Airport areas:

Mall Ngamwangwan

Mall Bangkhae

Future Rangsit Part

Central Plaza Ratchada - Rama 3

Mall Thapra

Central Bangna

Central Plaza Pinklao

Among all thses Malls, I have only been to Central Bangna which I find quite unusual to have more eating places than most malls.

Which of those listed above are larger than Central Bangna or nearer to city centre or any BTS stations ?

I will be very grateful if anyone can describe some speciality of the malls if not how to get there.

Thank you.

Of the places you list, I would say that Central Phraram 3 is probably the most accessible by BTS. From Saphan Taksin Station, cross Charoen Krung Road. On the north side of Sathorn Road (westbound), there is a bus stop just a few metres west of the intersection. Board a # 77 bus: orange air.con version, red and cream ordinary version, or little green one. About 30 min. to Central Phraram 3.

I agree that if you've been to one of these malls, you've seen what is on offer at all of them. I've heard that Rangsit is trying really hard to be a good replacement for the downtown malls, so that they can keep the students there. I think your best way to get there is to find a university that has a campus downtown, and another in Rangsit (this is quite common). Then you can take the shuttle they provide for students. I know that the Thammasat one is 30 or 40 Baht.

Central Pinklao isn't any different from the other Central-based malls, but it is the only one on the west side of the river. The area is more interesting than the mall. If you haven't been to Dusit and Banglamphu, they are on the way to Central Pinklao, just as the mall is on the way to the Southern Bus Terminal. The most comfortable buses that go out that way can both be caught around the Platinum or Pantip malls. Catch the 511 orange bus or the new number 10 Metrobus, as they both go to Pinklao.

(Just so you know, Pinklao is pronounced "Pin - Glau", with the glau pronounced like the actress Summer Glau's surname. If you don't pronounce it this way, and clearly separate the syllables, most Thais won't understand you)

For 50THB, you can buy a detailed street and bus route map.

I used to do this, but I've found Google maps to be just as useful, and kept up-to-date better than the paper maps. If you look at any area of Bangkok, you'll see little bus icons. Click on these to get the bus numbers of the buses that stop there. Between that, and using the search engine to find locations on the map, (both the general search engine in Google maps, and if you click on any lettered location, an option in the window that pops up is to "search nearby"), I tend to use Google maps for everything when I'm here.

If I'm planning to visit a new city, I just find it in Google maps, then I do "search nearby" searches for hotels, amenities, and attractions.

Healthcaretaker: If you want to know how to get to Koh Kred, check out your other post, I put a link in there to the express boat service on the river. I know that there's a mall near there, but I don't know which one. Wongwian Yai BTS station is on the west side of the river, but is still quite far from Pinklao, and therefore, Central Pinklao.

You would be better off stopping at Saphan Thaksin station and taking an express boat on the river from there, (which is also where you'd take a boat to Koh Kred), to the Pinklao pier (pier number 12), and taking a bus from there. Wongwian Yai is much further south, and as far as I know, none of the malls you listed are near there. (but I might be wrong, I don't know that area well)

Edited by Meridian007

You would be better off stopping at Saphan Thaksin station and taking an express boat on the river from there, (which is also where you'd take a boat to Koh Kred), to the Pinklao pier (pier number 12), and taking a bus from there. Wongwian Yai is much further south, and as far as I know, none of the malls you listed are near there. (but I might be wrong, I don't know that area well)

1. The boats that stop at Saphan Taksin do not go as far as Gaw Kred. They terminate at the clock tower in Muang Nonthaburi. From there, get a taxi, unless you want to change buses at least twice. And, I don't think that there are any buses that go right to the departure pier for Gaw Kred, being as it is situated at the end of a deadend road.

2. From Wong Wian Yai (the traffic circle, not the BTS station) walk 1 block south on the east side of the road, and cross Charoenrat Road. Continue on to the first bus stop. Board the # 57 bus there, it goes to The Mall Tha Phra. About 20 minutes, if the traffic is not too bad. When the BTS Station first opened, The Mall was runnning shuttle vans between the two. I don't know if that is still the case.

Thank you all of you.

I have a bus map but it's difficult to use and I don't know where are these malls located in the map.

BTW, if I plan to go KO Kred or Wong Wien Yai, any of the above malls are near there ?

The closest to Koh Kret will me The Mall Namwongwan, I say the closest but I would not say it was close, probably still 20 minutes in a taxi to Koh Kret

Of the places you list, I would say that Central Phraram 3 is probably the most accessible by BTS. From Saphan Taksin Station, cross Charoen Krung Road. On the north side of Sathorn Road (westbound), there is a bus stop just a few metres west of the intersection. Board a # 77 bus: orange air.con version, red and cream ordinary version, or little green one. About 30 min. to Central Phraram 3.

To get to Central Rama III Mall, best thing is to take BTS to Chong Nonsi, and then either walk or take taxi down Narathiswas (long way) to Rachda, turn right and mall is about 1 km.

Going all the way to Saphan Taksin sounds crazy to me.

TH

To get to Central Rama III Mall, best thing is to take BTS to Chong Nonsi, and then either walk or take taxi down Narathiswas (long way) to Rachda, turn right and mall is about 1 km.

TH

I did it this way because the OP sounds like a tourist, or new arrival, who presumably doesn't speak Thai, probably can't talk to taxi drivers very well etc. And, he specifically asked about bus service. From Chong Nonsi BTS Station, there is no direct bus to Central Phraram III.

TH

I did it this way because the OP sounds like a tourist, or new arrival, who presumably doesn't speak Thai, probably can't talk to taxi drivers very well etc. And, he specifically asked about bus service. From Chong Nonsi BTS Station, there is no direct bus to Central Phraram III.

Thank you to all of you again. Your responses have been very helpful.

Normally I try to take the BTS or local buses if I am not in a hurry. I enjoyed taking the local buses. It's a great way and slow enough to see places and people. I never have any difficulty with the Thais although all I can speak is Sawadee Krap, Kop Kun Krap and Tow Rai. They are always helpful. Only in Thailand I can find passengers who overheard and remember my destinations. When I am close, someone is bound to tell me it's the next stop. :)

Only when I am in a hurry, I will take a taxi. Problem with taxi is if you can't communicate with the driver, then big trouble, I cant decide where to get down then. In a bus, there are others to help.

BTW, is there any nice mall near to the subway line station ?

If I wish to explore 1 or 2 of the subway stops, which stops should I go ?

The Esplanade mall is just outside the southwest corner of the Thai Cultural Centre MRT (subway) Station.

The Esplanade mall is just outside the southwest corner of the Thai Cultural Centre MRT (subway) Station.

and it has an ice rink on the top floor if you fancy some really cool air or even a skate

^ I agree, Esplanade was a favourite hangout for me when I lived in that area, and it's almost beside the other mall that has a Home Pro, Office Depot, and Carrafore (or is it Big C? I can't remember).

Another place to try is Central Lat Phrao. Take the MRT (subway) to Pahon Yothin Station, follow the long underground exit towards Central and Union Mall, go up the escalator onto the elevated walkway. At the intersection, right (straight) will take you to the Union Mall, (I think it's a sad little mall, as no-one seems to go there, and most of the stores are closed), or left to Central Lat Phrao.