Rubbish

outback200

I am interested to know where the official dumping site for household rubbish and building rubbish is located.

I have a unit at LaRoyale condo, and everywhere in the fields around the condo is building rubbish, and heaps of plastic bags. Its a real disgrace.

Is it legal to dump anywhere one can, or are there designated sites in and around Pattaya. This build-up of rubbish around the paddocks near LaRoyale only seems to have happened in the last couple of months, has anyone any information on this topic.

Thai's throw rubbish wherever they are. I think it's a cultural thing. Many of them still living in the age of everything packed in naturally degrading products such as banana leaves etc. and haven't realized yet that plastic doesn't degenerate by itself in the same way. At least that would be the nice explanation.

Edited by Phil Conners

You might think it's a disgrace, but the locals probably don't even see any of it.

Years ago I was foolish enough to set up a small block of rooms at an island beach resort. In less than a month the mattresses and blankets had all ben urinated on, burned by cigarettes, and covered with food stains. People used the corner of the rooms for a toilet, and vomited on the floor. Beer bottles and food containers were pushed under the beds. Rubbish was thrown on the floor or out of the window. The curtains had to be thrown away. The flush toilets were smashed and the sinks were blocked with food. I was so shocked I closed the place down and left the island.

You won't change this behavior. You can't even move, because you will find the same thing everywhere. That's Thailand, that's what people do in their own houses. Just live with it.

Edited by stolidfeline

A lot of the reason people throw there crap in a dump at the side of the rd is, there is a monthly/yearly charge for your rubbish to be emptied/collected, lot of the locals & some farang don't or wont pay.

I've just paid mine in advance for this year 480bht, peanuts

Edited by dickie58

If the government started to pay some baht for 100 kg of plastic there would be no more garbage problem around the roads. But hey, this is one of the flipsides of living in a country where noone pays tax.

Its not ok to dump rubish, but noone do anything about it so -- people do.

Is that a legal dumping site? Is there such a thing in Thailand?

Dont know about the legality of it, the guy just wants a huge hole filled in, it is free to use but there is a guy there to check that the waste is suitable ie: hard, concrete waste, demolition rubble, ground etc

I have a bunch of stuff I would like to get rid of (dead tvs, old rusty barbecues, etc) but I have no idea where to get rid of them. I guess you just stick them out on the street. Not that bad a system, I guess. Recycling on the sly. But what about the stuff even recyclers don't want?

I have a bunch of stuff I would like to get rid of (dead tvs, old rusty barbecues, etc) but I have no idea where to get rid of them. I guess you just stick them out on the street. Not that bad a system, I guess. Recycling on the sly. But what about the stuff even recyclers don't want?

My wife saves all that kind of stuff, the TVs and electric stuff she takes to a little radio/TV shop who fix it and re sell it.

The rusty Bar B Qs bits of steel go in one bin, the plastic goes in another then she puts it all in her pickup and takes it to one of the re cycle places and comes back with a couple of hundred baht.

Maybe there is a re cycle place near you? They usually hide behind that black or green shade netting, they take everything she gives them one way or another.