Suggestions For The Weekends

st11x

G'day,

I have birthdays and anniversaries coming up so I thought a day trip out of the routine of Chiang Mai would be nice. Was thinking of going to Bangkok to do some shopping and to indulge in a little modernization, but the wife isn't keen with all the crowds and all. Also, tickets are quite expensive to go there.

Any suggestions? Not into going down caves or climbing mountains. Would be nice if we had a beach town close by. Places where the dogs can go too would be better.

Thanks

Matt

I wouldn't go near Bangkok next weekend.. Traffic could be a nightmare due to demonstrations.

As for beach, you can fly to Phuket on Air Asia direct for a relatively good price. Another good option is to fly to Bangkok and then connect to Ko Samet or Ko Chang by bus from the airport. (Need to time that with a bus departure for Rayong and Trat respectively)

I was thinking about Phuket, but with AirAsia, you need to book way in advance - a month or longer. Otherwise, the prices can get quite steep especially the way from CNX to Phuket. The last I check, it was more than double the normal fares.

I know ThaiAirways allow you to bring your pets with you, not sure about AirAsia (doubt it). Still , it's too much trouble to fly with them. So a couple of hours by car out of Chiang Mai, the dogs can't tag along.

Matt