New Yamaha Fino 2010 Models

eek

For those not aware (as I wasnt till i went into the showroom yesterday), the new Fino 2010 models are out.

I went into the showroom last week and asked about the 2010 models and an assistant told me she doesnt know when new models will be out. Went in yesterday to buy a 2009 model, as I finally conceded to get the not so great looking premium, which in my opinion doesnt have great colour options, only to find they had just got in the 2010 models! So, was very happy to come away with a brand spanking new white Premium model 2010 Fino only half a hour of walking in the shop.

I didnt notice all the new models (as my eyes were locked on my prize), but I did see that they had new sporty versions which looked like they had some leopard print detailing :)

The Premium models offer a white colour, or a gold/green colour. There is also an addition of a choke for cold starting. However, no fuel injection, as rumored (i read somewhere on this forum 2010 models may be fuel-injected). It can take 91 green, and the sticker on the fuel tank has the green label, but when talking to the assistant he recommended 91 red as better for the engine.

Just thought id pass that info on, as some of you may be wanting to buy a Fino, but, like me, are not big fans of the 2009 styles. I dont really understand bike details, but if any questions i'll do my best to answer.

Enjoy the pics of the stunning new Fino! (Just had to stick in my fun pic too :D )

post-33493-1267758411_thumb.jpg

post-33493-1267758463_thumb.jpg

Oh yes, I paid 47,500 baht. Paid extra for 2 years insurance + theft insurance. If the bike is stolen they will pay 90% the first year, and 80% the second year. Base insurance is 3rd party. They offer no 1st class.

The base price of the bike was 46,500..but 500 baht discount for X period of time. Free Insurance, registration, helmet, and some bags/tshirt stuff. I paid an additional 1,500 baht for one year insurance and theft insurance (btw, these options were not offered to me initially, i had to ask what additional options for insurance they had).

Edited by eek
edited price

Did the base price go up a lot? I thought I saw a new 09 the other day for 46500 or so...right around the same price as the Click or Scoopy. Kind of disappointing not to see FI on the 2010 Yamaha!!

Congrats on the purchase, I am grabbing a Click next week!

Did the base price go up a lot? I thought I saw a new 09 the other day for 46500 or so...right around the same price as the Click or Scoopy. Kind of disappointing not to see FI on the 2010 Yamaha!!

Congrats on the purchase, I am grabbing a Click next week!

:) Cant edit my post to amend the price. Sorry for the misinformation.

There may be some F1 stuff on the other models, not sure. The free t-shirt, bag, jacket, and keyring all had F1 stuff on it. All stuff for guys tho', no girlie freebies, so ill be giving mine away. :D

Are those marijuana leaves painted on the Fino?

lol..i hadnt noticed. Does kinda have a marijuana shape on it..hmm..sorta. I didnt pay attention to the sticker much because i intend to remove it. Still deliberating what ill do, but likely will have the bike edged in chrome, chrome seat back/luggage rack, chrome around the lights. I'll leave it for a couple of weeks tho' to have a think. Plus it feels kinda cool to be (i think) one of the few first people to be driving around on the new model, so wont mess with it until i start seeing more around. :) Oh i love this bike! :D

SORRY guys! I meant 47,500!!!

If you click on "report this post" and ask a moderator to change the info.

I liked the look of that one until the marajuana leaves were pointed out. That seems like an incredibly poor decision by Yamaha. GF will like it though.

I was in last week and got quotes for financing. A farang can finance 50% and pay over a year. Thai can put down as little as 11k and pay over 12, 24 or 30 months. They said both need a Thai guarantor.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

The decoration are just stickers Scubabuddha. I intend to remove them, not because of them possibly looking like marijuana tho, just that it was always my intention.

The decoration are just stickers Scubabuddha. I intend to remove them, not because of them possibly looking like marijuana tho, just that it was always my intention.

Ah, well, if they are easily removable...

Then again, I could just pretend I am Canadian and they are maple leaves.

Being that I'm in Chiang Mai and looking to buy, I too checked out Yamaha. I can confirm (not that there's any doubt) that the Fino's do not have fuel injection - saleswoman sort of downcast at that, for my benefit. Mention it because it may hint at the new Elegance. Newer models and old posted at same price ("different paint").

More importantly, as I entered the showroom, I was careful to sniff. This is not a certain test in Chiang Mai just now, for one's sense of smell might be dimmed by seasonal smoke.

So using my magnifying glass, I studied the growth on the side of the vehicle. It is NOT anything like any Mary JeWanna I've ever seen (pictured).

Edited by CMX

Its like some kind of leafy pattern. Close to a maple.

Im one of those people that have never actually seen close up a marijuana leave anyway lol, only just some design renditions. Marijuana pattern debate or not, i still adore my bike. :)

Are those marijuana leaves painted on the Fino?

lol..i hadnt noticed. Does kinda have a marijuana shape on it..hmm..sorta. I didnt pay attention to the sticker much because i intend to remove it. Still deliberating what ill do, but likely will have the bike edged in chrome, chrome seat back/luggage rack, chrome around the lights. I'll leave it for a couple of weeks tho' to have a think. Plus it feels kinda cool to be (i think) one of the few first people to be driving around on the new model, so wont mess with it until i start seeing more around. :) Oh i love this bike! :D

Hello Kitty!

post-4641-1267896796_thumb.jpg

:D

Being that I'm in Chiang Mai and looking to buy, I too checked out Yamaha. I can confirm (not that there's any doubt) that the Fino's do not have fuel injection - saleswoman sort of downcast at that, for my benefit. Mention it because it may hint at the new Elegance. Newer models and old posted at same price ("different paint").

More importantly, as I entered the showroom, I was careful to sniff. This is not a certain test in Chiang Mai just now, for one's sense of smell might be dimmed by seasonal smoke.

So using my magnifying glass, I studied the growth on the side of the vehicle. It is NOT anything like any Mary JeWanna I've ever seen (pictured).

Fino still unfortunately has the same old 115cc with manual choke. Same as on my 6 year old Nouvo. Love the style, but engine is really dated. Was expecting it to recieve the new 125 Mio engine, but...........

Would love to have a Fino with elegance 135cc engine/auto and front disc, and Ohlins rear shock

Its like some kind of leafy pattern. Close to a maple.

Im one of those people that have never actually seen close up a marijuana leave anyway lol, only just some design renditions. Marijuana pattern debate or not, i still adore my bike. :D

I was going to give you a hard time about buying this bike, but I didnt want to be a KILL JOY, so I will wait a few weeks and then respond :)

Nice bike Eek. I bought (and still own) a Honda CZi (wave with fuel injection) two years ago. It has enough power for me but here is a funny story. Last year I made the epic Lance journey from Pattaya to Mae Sai, via Chiang mai. Anyway, since my license plates say "Chonburi" many Thais gave me the thumbs up and were asking me questions about my trip. Sever younger guys wanted to race me, and, to my horror, most Finos left me in the dust, even when there were two people on the bike.

Maybe I need to diet?

post-2362-1267951075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lancelot

Try picking up a motorcycle magazine with a lot of accessory pics to pimp your ride. :)

we bought this Fino last year - it had been his daughter's bike when she came here for 6mths. Intended to strip all those accessories but never got round to it, apart from the windscreen that i took off straight away.

Anyway - just to comment on the accessories. This bike was garaged until we got it, but already the chrome was peeling off a lot of the accessory bars/fittings - very poor quality yet supposedly 'genuine' (they were all fitted by the Yamaha dealer at original purchase time).

In places they are rusting, in others the chrome is simply bubbling and lifting off. i know they're not expensive, so i guess you get what you pay for in this case.

The carrier with backrest is handy, though the topbox is too small to fit a proper helmet - just. Have seen larger ones.

Otherwise - never a problem - had 7000km service 2 weeks ago, don't know what life/mileage to expect but before this had a Nouvo with 48,000 still chugging along. The rear shock could do with replacing - I read somewhere the fino has a 160kg weight 'limit' recommendation, we're well under that but I've had some 100+ friends on the back, a bit much for speed bumps!

• 3 months later...

I've been on a Fino with my 120kg friend on the back (I'm 83kg) and it was OK.....ish. The rear shock was already on its way out anyway whistling.gif.

The chrome work is bound to rust with all of this rain. I've had many chrome things, bike/car parts and you need to constantly keep on at them. As soon as you don't dry it after washing or a rainstorm, bubbles of surface rust appear. Metal polish helps protect the parts for a little longer.

One thing that really made the difference was regular oil changes (ie. 3000km - only 100bt).