How Do I Get A Work Permit?

tay

How do I get a work permit? I been offered a job in a import/export business and my Boss told me he needs to hire Thai employees to get a work permit for me. Right now nobody works at the company. How many Thais are needed to be employed?

With the implication of work permit application practice, the Work Permit Division intends to follow the same approach as the Immigration Office, of which could be summarized as follows:

· Registered capital of 2 Million Baht or just 1 Million Baht if you are married to a Thai national

· Applicant would be earning income at least the same level as specified by the immigration office (e.g. American must earn 50,000 Baht per month).

· 4 Thai employees each earning income at least the minimum rate specified in the Labor Act. (proven by the Monthly Withholding Tax filing -PND 1 and Social Fund filing – Sor Por Sor 1-10) However, in Bangkok they would like to see two of the Thais being paid more than just the minimum salary rate preferably around 10,000 -15,000 Baht)

Initially (and depending on the officer’s discretionary), the Labor Department Office may approve you work permit application even though you were not able to show 4 Thai employees if your employer is at start up.

Otherwise if your employer was an existing firm, they should at least show half of the required employees where their role must also be relevant to the firm such as secretary, or accountant and their monthly salary rates on that half of the employees should reasonably exceed the minimum salary rate that is governed by the Labor Act. please contact Sunbelt www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com for more info on how to apply.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com