Ears Syringed

miksguevara

My warning would be, pay a medical professional to do it, at a hospital in insured and controlled conditions.

Although the procedure sounds innocuous there are definite associated risks: Lasting and severe tinnitus, which in turn can lead to catastrophic depression has been recorded in a small percentage of patients following this procedure.

First, try recommended and easily available wax-softening preparations yourself.

Edited by syd barrett

I had one ear syringed at Pattaya Memorial last year after I had a vertigo problem while scuba diving. I was initially examined by a doctor and then had the offending lug hole cleaned out by a nurse who gave every indication of being familiar with the inside of hairy farang ears. Then the doctor examined the result to check the work. I forget what it cost but it was very little.

I got it done at Pattaya International hospital by a doctor who specialized in ear nose and troth .I had lost hearing in one ear .The wax was rock hard .Had to take drops first for a few days then come back to get the gunge out .My hearing improved 100%.I had not realised how bad it had been .

There is a clinic for ears,nose and throat,on 3rd road.

From Sukhumvit rd,head down Pattaya Klang and past Carrefour to the lights,Turn left onto 3rd and the clinic is about 3-400 mtrs on the left.Looks very proffesional but never tried it before,could be cheaper than hospitals but the important thing is good service.If you go let me know how you got on.

Better yet,,, across from Carrfour on Pattaya Klang,, go down soi Arunotai about 200 meters,, there is a good Thai barber who will cut your hair,, shave your neck with a straight razor,, clean out your ears professionally, then give you a hearing test and through in a shoulder massage, all for 160bt,, can't beat it..

I had it done a few years back by Dr. Sawadeepong at his clinic just about opposite Camelot Hotel on Soi Pratumnak. I'd been wearing proper ear plugs for swimming as I was getting an ear infection, and in one ear it had packed the wax tight against the ear drum and I'd become totally deaf in that ear. He took a look, got me to lie down and put in some softening drops, and I lay there for about 20 minutes. Then a sweet young nurse syringed out the ear for about 10 or 15 minutes with a warm solution. The waste fluid went into a stainless steel basin, and by the time she had finished there were some alarmingly large pieces of wax in it, plus lots of smaller residue. I never realised your ear could contain so much crud, yeeuch! The treatment was rather pleasant, worked 100%, and cost 350 Baht at the time.

Lasting and severe tinnitus, which in turn can lead to catastrophic depression has been recorded in a small percentage of patients following this procedure.

I got Tinnitus for few years ago, Luckily it was only a ear infection which lasted less than a week but it was literally driving me insane...i really feel for anyone who has it longterm.. like a mosquito buzzing in you inner ear :)

Edited by William Osborne

My warning would be, pay a medical professional to do it, at a hospital in insured and controlled conditions.

Although the procedure sounds innocuous there are definite associated risks: Lasting and severe tinnitus, which in turn can lead to catastrophic depression has been recorded in a small percentage of patients following this procedure.

First, try recommended and easily available wax-softening preparations yourself.

I had it done before and weas OK , but my old man said it gave him tinnitus...i like to go swimming every day but keep on getting water stuck in my right ear...event though I wear plugs...Im a music producer so obviously being deaf in one ear aint to good..Im am going to try drops first... :) thanks for everyones replys

I had it done before and weas OK , but my old man said it gave him tinnitus...i like to go swimming every day but keep on getting water stuck in my right ear...event though I wear plugs...Im a music producer so obviously being deaf in one ear aint to good..Im am going to try drops first... :) thanks for everyones replys

S M Oto are the ear drops you want, costs 79 baht from a pharmacy.

From some of the music I hear these days I would have though being deaf in one ear was an advantage.

every 2 weeks I wash out my ears with a 4% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide which I make up myself.

I had always seemed to accumulate a lot of ear wax.but this washing out seems to keep my ears clear of wax.

you want to google that mate it might change your mind

ear update..had them done at the memorial hospital no [problems with service but cost 1300 baht ...bit too expensive maybe...I dunno -  I'll remember to get em done in the uk next time for free!! Kinda eleted cox my ears feel good now..lol this included ear drops 

Edited by miksguevara

Go see an ENT doc at any good hospital - gone are the days of syringing. They use a vaccuum system that clears everything out no problems.

Bangkok Pattaya hospital has the best technologie. They put some liquit in my ears and after they sucked it out with some kond of mini aspirator with a camera, so i could even see the whole procedure on a TV screen. Paid 1400 Baht.

Edited by stingray

Go see an ENT doc at any good hospital - gone are the days of syringing. They use a vaccuum system that clears everything out no problems.

Bangkok Pattaya hospital has the best technologie. They put some liquit in my ears and after they sucked it out with some kond of mini aspirator with a camera, so i could even see the whole procedure on a TV screen. Paid 1400 Baht.

well Im no doctor but the procedure was slightly different to the uk...there it was more like they flushed the ears out...more gunk at the end - here they definately sucked it out with a thin needle like device...so why did they charge you 1400 and me 1300? 

I went to theBangkok Pattaya Hospital last Friday and had my ears syringed. That was all.

Cost me 1800 baht.

You think you are shitty paying 100 baht more that the other guy, consider how much a dill I feel forking out 1800. I do hate the huge diffences in prices for the same items here sometimes.

What can you do? Just take it and smile I guess. Life is very short.

[quote

There are as many opinions on the uses of Hydrogen Peroxide

for many minor ailments and treatments as there are for whether creatures from outer space have visited us.

Some swear by its use.others decry its use and effectivness.

All I can say is that in the 8 odd years I have been using it,I have found it effective in remoxing ear wax and have not experienced any problems.

As for goggle,if you simply search "ear wax Hydrogen peroxide" you will find many many users and some dire warnings that it will make your toes drop off.

Horses for courses mate!!

I my case the wax was so hard it would not come out with the vacume .They ( P.I.H) gave me drops to put in the ear for a few days ,then i returned and they were then able to clear out the ear .

[quote

There are as many opinions on the uses of Hydrogen Peroxide

for many minor ailments and treatments as there are for whether creatures from outer space have visited us.

Some swear by its use.others decry its use and effectivness.

All I can say is that in the 8 odd years I have been using it,I have found it effective in remoxing ear wax and have not experienced any problems.

As for goggle,if you simply search "ear wax Hydrogen peroxide" you will find many many users and some dire warnings that it will make your toes drop off.

Horses for courses mate!!

yeah for sure but there were enough warnings from qualified medical peoples to sort of make me think it wasn't a good idea...each to their own though  :)