Ais 3g – Am I The Only One Having Problems?

Drew Aitch

I'm new to AIS 3G Router and I have had zero internet for 2 days now. The status says 'Access: Local and Internet' and I can send and receive email via Outlook. Even my Virus checker and other software are connecting and updating automatically, and I can FTP files no problem.

BUT: I have no internet (I'm on a different 'unsecured' network right now creating this post). All browsers, IE, FF, and Google Chrome are blank white pages reporting that they cannot connect to the server.

It's been like this now for nearly 27 hours. I have contacted AIS 3G and they said that although internet connection is no problem, internet viewing is, and that the technicians are working on the issue and simply suggested I keep trying.

I just logged on here to see if there was a thread going on about it with any recent updates, but as there is not, I figure the problem is unique to me or my location anyway. Or perhaps the other AIS 3G users here just don't have access to another network to report their issues (if any).

I was quite optimistic the first month about this new service despite paying over 4,000 Baht to get connected, but it appears it's going downhill (form where I any anyway), pretty fast.

If anyone has got anything to add to this thread, please post away.

Cheers

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

I had some connection problems between 2PM and 3.30Pm but they seemed to sort out the problems. I'm out in Doi Saket and noticing more and more blips on their part. Kind of makes you wonder. :)

Thanks GotLost.

It's the strangest thing i've ever experienced. Internet connection that allows FTP/Email/and SW updates, but no internet sites in any browser. It's a new one to me.

I guess i'll just have to subscribe to a secondary 'secure' service so that i can fall back on one when the other fails.

I don't mind browsing on an insecure network, but transferring money and logging onto financial services is a big no-no, despite having firewalls, Malware, Spy-sweeper and an up to date virus checker.

Seems like you're still having more luck than me and i'm right in CM :D

Cheers

Aitch

It's the ISP firewall hardware messed up just needs a reboot, and since most mobile networks use internal proxies, it could be that, that is down. Since all http traffic is routed through these methods.

Most ISP's have automated systems that reboot, and if the system still prevails sends a text to the tech on duty to check out, and is usually sorted out within 30 mins.

But this is Thailand, and sometimes if service is down at weekends, it will only be restored monday morning. As they call out their tech guys from other companies.

We had exactly the same problem Sunday morning for about five hours. It finally resolved around 11 am. It did the same thing for about 15 minutes right at 8 am this morning. Same exact situation as Drew's. Very strange. We're just two blocks from the AIS office on Thapae, so our solution to problems is to walk in and handle them in person. Not an option for a Sunday problem, though.

You're not alone. I've had problems for the past seven days. Connect, but no internet and dropped connections. Seems to have more problems on nights and this last weekend. I had to spend last tuesday night working off the wifi in our condo lobby. Still, it's better than the TOT line I had last year.

I have AIS 3G on my phone and also was having problems yesterday/ Saturday. Corporate email and web access was completely broken. If left to eventually timeout, websites displayed a very "proxy'ish" looking error message. However, my phone was still able to pull in my Gmail, which is IMAP and not a normally proxied protocol.

All the observed behavior patterns definitely pointed to internal proxy problems. One thing I did not try, was access to websites via HTTPS.

-Mestizo