2010 Phuket Bike Week

CroBiker

Hey Scub and Cro thanks for the pics and video , that was me on the black Tmax along side you guys yesterday , i did not realise it was you guys would have introduced myself ..... as for the event it was my first Phuket event, have to agree as much as i had fun over the weekend it did need more organising , but having said that next year i will volunteer to help out maybe thats the problem not enough helpers or maybe they need some new blood after 16 years ...what you say fellas ??

Cheers again.....

Hey cdmtdm,

I thought that was you.....Aussie, black Tmax etc....but figured since you haven't introduced yourself could have been someone else. Anyway, it was nice to meet you!

Hey Scub and Cro thanks for the pics and video , that was me on the black Tmax along side you guys yesterday , i did not realise it was you guys would have introduced myself ..... as for the event it was my first Phuket event, have to agree as much as i had fun over the weekend it did need more organising , but having said that next year i will volunteer to help out maybe thats the problem not enough helpers or maybe they need some new blood after 16 years ...what you say fellas ??

Cheers again.....

Hey cdmtdm,

I thought that was you.....Aussie, black Tmax etc....but figured since you haven't introduced yourself could have been someone else. Anyway, it was nice to meet you!

Yea you too , meet up again sometime always up for a ride somewhere , anywhere

Cheers CdM

Scuba, where on earth did you pick up the convoy?

One thing that did make me chuckle was this official TShirt on sale yesterday:

globalworm.jpg

Global Worming, it's a real problem people!

Ha! :)

Gotta love some of the thaiglish that gets re-produced in mass numbers.

Cheers again.....

Hey cd, I think I got lotsa footage of you and your lady in the above and below vids. Sorry if I made you swerve a bit while I was driving one handed!!

Yeah I don't mind volunteering at all. After all, I am now a "Big Bike Highway Police Volunteer!" lol The only problem then is you may miss your favorite events.

Probably won't post any more as they are pretty much the same.

I counted only 168 bikes. Pretty anemic. Does anyone know if they got their 2010 bikes for the spelling of "Phuket 2010" on the football field? Or was that just one more poorly planned bike week event which fell by the wayside.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Cheers again.....

Hey cd, I think I got lotsa footage of you and your lady in the above and below vids. Sorry if I made you swerve a bit while I was driving one handed!!

Yeah I don't mind volunteering at all. After all, I am now a "Big Bike Highway Police Volunteer!" lol The only problem then is you may miss your favorite events.

no problems you did a great job of filming , we enjoyed the ride ...... we also did the Phuket 2010 on the footy field , they had enough bikes for the Phuket logo and we made up the 2010 with actual people , yet to see the shots from the chopper above , but was fun ...but bloody hot standing out in the heat for an hour or two......

Cheers

I didn't want to be first complaining but totaly agree with both posters above. After 16 years of PBW and no improvement in organization something surely isn't right. I can't understand why this guy Sumon has almost a monopoly on organizing such event. They can't setup simple ride, exhibition in Jung Ceylon was terrible with major motorcycle brands absent, not to mention various Miss contest where half of the contestants are chix with dix.

I would hold my breath in expectations for improvement next year as long as this character heads organization.

Not to mention outrageous claim of PBW being biggest bike event in South East Asia, please.....it's not even biggest in Thailand. Pattaya and Chiang Mai have much more to offer and improving each year. Unless things change drasticaly, Hat Yai bike event will overtake Phuket too.

On another and positive note, all bikers were friendly and courtious to each other. I haven't seen any incidents which are so common in similar events in Europe and USA. The only thing that made me chukle was Bandidos behaviour. They were all stuck in their own tent and their younger members wearing patches such as "PROBATION" and "PROSPECT" seemed to be absolutely terrified if someone from higher ranks cought them talking to members of other MC's. What is the point joining such group if you gonna live in fear and been told all the time what you can or can't do? Might as well join the army instead.

Choice of food was great, prices hiked up for special occasion but what to expect: folks wanna make money and rightly so.

Yamaha tent was giving free beer in order to attract visitors to their area. It improved slightly when 5 girls came on stage and danced to the tune of Lady GaGa and others.

This year there were lots of sport, sport-touring and adventure bikes, mainly thanks to the fact that these are quite popular in Malaysia in Singapore. Easy Rider and Chopper/Custom bikes culture is alive and well in these 2 countries but not to such extreme level as in Thailand.

Also, so much hype about Heroes End 10th anniversary. Spoke to 2 members of the club today and asked them where their prez is (whom I know) and they said he never showed up; no idea about his whereabouts. :)

And as far as today's ride for World PEace is concerned, it really sucked big time. As TV member 2 posts above said, they kept postponing the start of the ride like zillion times. We ended up at Prompthep Cape Viewpoint, took some refreshments and enjoyed in sunset and pleasant breeze. All of a sudden bikers start leaving on their own, even though we all expected to descend down to Rawai, Chalong and go back to Patong. No official explanation, nothing.....free for all. Ok, ok....group pics were taken, video cameras all over the place and friendly bunch of tourists asking to be photographed next to our bikes.

Overall, perhaps 250-300 bikes participated in group ride, much less than in previous years. Weather was great apart from this afternoon when started pouring but road turned dry in less than an hour.

Still, I'm very happy because I took my 10 year old for his very 1st organized bike ride. It means great deal to him and perhaps in 30 years he can boast to his biker friends how he mingled with other bikers at such early age.

Cro,Fri,sat Pres.was sitting most of the time near our bar.about organization i think sumon soon will sell his pbw domain and the rights.he is clever.This year i didnt see a clear branding behind the stage.he also not invested much thats why in jungcylon was nothing.He put up a lot advertisers.Nicky stayed completly away as many others.Therefore we had the bandidos may they wanna buy it?we falangs cant do anything.i think this is just another lomapark attraction.somehow this hardrockbikerthing and this softthaiculture not fit so well together.lets make a party together bikestyle at Kok Klois small airport flyphuket.com.BIKERS with a proper pissoir.

Another video of bike convoy, I combined little bit from various video files and squeezed it within 10 minutes of coverage in order to publish on youtube. Lots of TV members there....

great video of the bike run .thanks for sharing it :)

I was there and not impressed. Iwon't waste my time again.

What's the story with the "Big Bike Highway Volunteers"?

Big Bike Highway Police Volunteer

As indicated, we are Police Volunteers for the Highwaypolice, as there are volunteers for Immigration Police, Tourist Police and Bib. Police forces are short in manpower and vehicles, thus enrolling unpayed volunteers.

Application followed by 2 days in "Police Academy". Learning about how the police works, how to behave as a volunteer and some medical training focused on bike accidents. The Vice Governor of Phuket was present for a few hours.

Approx 200 students this time, with approx 30% farang, from all over Thailand. Male and female, from all kind of bike groups (didnt meet any bandidos though). This was the 5th class, thus our Police ID cards have numbers 5xxx. In addition to Police ID card, some of us have police stickers on our vehicles.

Course ended with group ride around Phuket and Phuket Bike Week dinner in Thainaan Restaurant.

Edited by katabeachbum

As indicated, we are Police Volunteers for the Highwaypolice, as there are volunteers for Immigration Police, Tourist Police and Bib. Police forces are short in manpower and vehicles, thus enrolling unpayed volunteers.

Application followed by 2 days in "Police Academy". Learning about how the police works, how to behave as a volunteer and some medical training focused on bike accidents. The Vice Governor of Phuket was present for a few hours.

Approx 200 students this time, with approx 30% farang, from all over Thailand. Male and female, from all kind of bike groups (didnt meet any bandidos though). This was the 5th class, thus our Police ID cards have numbers 5xxx. In addition to Police ID card, some of us have police stickers on our vehicles.

Course ended with group ride around Phuket and Phuket Bike Week dinner in Thainaan Restaurant.

did you need to pay for the dinner that 1000 baht thing with more badges?Only in thailand 1 percenter badge sits next to police volunteer.Member Heroes end paid 500 dont need to attend as long thai national.i took the singha badge. <snip>

Edited by soundman
Un-necessary comment removed.

did you need to pay for the dinner that 1000 baht thing with more badges?Only in thailand 1 percenter badge sits next to police volunteer.Member Heroes end paid 500 dont need to attend as long thai national.i took the singha badge.

as class 5 policevolunteers, we did not pay the 1000 baht for the Phuket Bike Week dinner on friday night.

My favorite badge is "Jack Daniels Phuket Bike Meet 2010".