Nit Picking Thai Immigration

was at hat yai this morning for retirement visa extention and 1 year and multiple exit stamp

everthing in order paper work copy ect

was refused as the numbers in pass book and letter from bank did not match up

went to bank monday got letter saying i had the dosh

withdrew 4000 baht wednesday and got pass book updated

they said i had to get another letter from bank so numbers same

so off to bank got new letter to please them another 200 baht

then they gave me extention and exit stamp

just the same as must be in black ink

refused cos its in blue

don't you love thailand

"...was refused as the numbers in pass book and letter from bank did not match up..."

It's been like that for many years.

I'll agree that at times it seems like imm is not consistent with some rules, but not in this case. As far as I recall, the bankbook and letter have to match exactly.

Had much the same thing happen to me at Nongkai,first they said go to the Bank branch in Nongkai and get your

passbook updated,went to the bank,returned with update and got a new Officer who told me "no good" get another letter

from your Bank with the same date as the passbook.

That took a hundred k plus round trip,stupid when considering there was more than 400k in the bank at all times.

Its all about who you get on the day.

Yes, bank book balance and letter from the bank must match exactly. The reason is to prevent 'tampering', in much the same way as marriage certificate by itself is no longer acceptable to immigration for extensions of stay based on marriage and they also want to see copy of amphur ledger entry. Some banks actually freeze the account for 24 hours after issuing immigration letter to avoid account balance changes.

Yes, bank book balance and letter from the bank must match exactly. The reason is to prevent 'tampering', in much the same way as marriage certificate by itself is no longer acceptable to immigration for extensions of stay based on marriage and they also want to see copy of amphur ledger entry. Some banks actually freeze the account for 24 hours after issuing immigration letter to avoid account balance changes.

KOR ROR 2 and KOR ROR 3

...then they gave me extention and exit stamp

refused cos its in blue...

Bedbugy, I am trying to figure out what you mean with that but can’t. Care to give me some hints?

1. They [immigration office] gave you an extension of stay. Understood.

2. They [immigration office] gave you an exit stamp. Never heard of. Normally, you get an exit stamp when you leave the country, ie a rectangular stamp that says “DEPARTED” and the date and number of your flight.

3. “same as must be in black ink”. What must be the same as what in black ink, and who said so?

4. “refused cos its in blue”. Who refused what?

--

Maestro

...then they gave me extention and exit stamp

refused cos its in blue...

Bedbugy, I am trying to figure out what you mean with that but can’t. Care to give me some hints?

1. They [immigration office] gave you an extension of stay. Understood.

2. They [immigration office] gave you an exit stamp. Never heard of. Normally, you get an exit stamp when you leave the country, ie a rectangular stamp that says “DEPARTED” and the date and number of your flight.

3. “same as must be in black ink”. What must be the same as what in black ink, and who said so?

4. “refused cos its in blue”. Who refused what?

--

Maestro

I understand it as point 2 = multi entry re-entry permit, but i do not understand if he got the extension or not, or what was in blue instead of black.

on another point Thaiphoon stated a copy of the amphur marriage ledger entry is required, is this required at all immigration offices?

Is this a new requirement from the Immigration for the visa extension based on marriage to a Thai citizen?

What is a "copy of amphur ledger entry"?

It has been asked for those without one in there file for the last year or so. One is form two and the other is form three.

Sorry for not fully understanding your explanation, but what are "form two" and "form three"?

I have in my file about the marriage with my wife 2 documents (one decorative form stating that we are married and one more detailled document stating the same).

What other documnets are requred now by Immigration?

It has been asked for those without one in there file for the last year or so. One is form two and the other is form three.

Sorry for not fully understanding your explanation, but what are "form two" and "form three"?

I have in my file about the marriage with my wife 2 documents (one decorative form stating that we are married and one more detailled document stating the same).

What other documnets are requred now by Immigration?

The decrative forum show be two copies and have the three on it. The other form with details with have a two on it. The second form was not provided years ago but now is - if you do not have it you can visit the District Office to obtain. Most immigration offices are now asking for both items for there file.