Cleaning The Nina 650r

I use a vinyl cleaner from Aus.. Tesco stocks it.

If you are familiar with ArmorAll, this is a straight rip, even the labelling in English. :D

The plastics, I just use mild washing up liquid with warm water & a large sponge.

Hose it off, and finish with a synthetic chamois, cheap.

Don't use anything but soap and water on your tyres, with a scrubbing brush.

Tyre cosmetics are a farce, you will have a very slippery pair of boots on yer bike if you use them!

BTW, the words "Lazy & Bugger" come to mind. :)

You're fortunate to live in a country where you can pay 100-200 Baht to get your bike professionally detailed.

I do enjoy cleaning my bike myself from time to time as it's a good way to familiarize yourself with the bike and spot potential problems, but when the bike is really nasty I take it to a shop in Bangkok that specializes in bike detailing and for 200 baht they go at the bike with toothbrushes and it comes out waxed and spotless.

I'm sure there are places on Samui that can do similar detailing. Just make sure wherever you go that they don't use a pressure washer on your bike.

Ride On!

Tony

You're fortunate to live in a country where you can pay 100-200 Baht to get your bike professionally detailed.

I do enjoy cleaning my bike myself from time to time as it's a good way to familiarize yourself with the bike and spot potential problems, but when the bike is really nasty I take it to a shop in Bangkok that specializes in bike detailing and for 200 baht they go at the bike with toothbrushes and it comes out waxed and spotless.

I'm sure there are places on Samui that can do similar detailing. Just make sure wherever you go that they don't use a pressure washer on your bike.

Ride On!

Tony

Yes indeed. Get someone else to do it.

Tyre cosmetics are a farce, you will have a very slippery pair of boots on yer bike if you use them!

Yes, I remember a local place here washed my car, they used interior polish on my gear stick, acclerator, clutch & brake pedals and also the hand-brake.

I have to say it was an interesting drive home!

Hey why don't we post all these Ninja650R topics in the Ninja650R thread? It's would be nice to keep it all in one place.

Because this is not a Ninja comment. The OP may have a Ninja, but it is a "wash your motorcycle in Thailand" topic. Us ER6n owners also want to know about getting our bikes washed and waxed with a toothbrush. Haven't found it in Phit'lok, but there must be one somewhere.