New Version Ad-aware Released

waldwolf

For Info:

Lavasoft have released a new version (v1.0.6) of their Ad-Aware anti spyware utility.

Improvements include:

• Disk-scan is approximately 30 % faster

• CSI scan is now more efficient

• Added "Scan for low risk threats" option, to scan for targets with low TAC index

• Ad-Watch CSI engine performance highly improved; using less CPU and Memory as well as having a smaller footprint

• GUI adapted to use the new TAC

More Info

Download Site

cheers :o

No need to delete the old Ad-Aware version 1.0.5. The new version will do this automatically and confirm it has successfully done so.

It will even give you the option to keep the old one if you want (not sure why anyone would).

Waldwolf, before I install the new version, do I need to delete the old one or will it do this automatically?

Cheers, Kringle

Flipping thing/download didn't work for me. I have this app set to launch at boot up.

However ran adaware twice and hey presto there was an update.

Update found 2 files (very small) only ***kb

Is there anyway to block the bugs once it finds them? (newbie Ad Aware) :o

I have the 1.06V.

In the default setting, any malware found is moved to a "quarantine" folder. You also have an option to immediately delete same or re-install it again if it had previously been quarantined. (Basically same proceedures used by most antivirus software.)

Suggest you read "Help" file, following installation, for more specific details.

cheers :D