Thai Foreign Minister Slams International Community Over Crisis

webfact

In thinking about the Hitler comparison, the first thing that comes to mind is the cultural genocide of 2500-5000 people dead in three months due to recreational preferences.

Love can heal the situation in the end.

I applaud Kasit for taking a stand on the international stage.

Mr. Shinawatra's Karma will catch up with him before long in my humble opinion.

Anyone else notice the similarity between the Thai words Songkran (Thai New Year) and Songkram (war)? I was, tongue-in-cheek, wondering if perhaps some of the reds were a little confused about this, two years in a row and all.

Be well all.

Namaste, :)

Dylan

"Why can't we just all get along?" Rodney King

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Jinjthing et al.......making up new flash cards with revised answers?...[/b] :)

:D :D :D

don't chuckle too quickly ... the fat lady ain't sung yet .... and you probably won't like the final end of this anymore than the rest of us

I have posted widely on topics since the EC decision, so I don't appreciate the harassment and heckling from the pro red tea party.

Well if those are the coments coming from a foriegn Secretary, then the Gov is run by incompetence and someone who realy does not understand foreign policy.

1. No Western Gov will arrest and extadite head of govt from another country that has been deposed by a Milatary take over
  2. No Western county will arrest and extradite anyone to Thailand because thierHuman rights with regards to Thai prisons is considered as non aceptable to send anyone back to

So either they are totaly ignorant or promoting rediculous propoganda, anyway I don't think such criticem of the International powers is sane taking into account the situation

Peace and Blessings to all that have to suffer by folloeing such fools (on both sides)

Well if those are the coments coming from a foriegn Secretary, then the Gov is run by incompetence and someone who realy does not understand foreign policy.

1. No Western Gov will arrest and extadite head of govt from another country that has been deposed by a Milatary take over
  2. No Western county will arrest and extradite anyone to Thailand because thierHuman rights with regards to Thai prisons is considered as non aceptable to send anyone back to

Get him arrested in Dubai then...The Middle East has no qualms about human rights in Thailand..... :)

or

Do a backdoor deal with Cambodia....

Edited by Soutpeel

So either they are totaly ignorant or promoting rediculous propoganda, anyway I don't think such criticem of the International powers is sane taking into account the situation

Peace and Blessings to all that have to suffer by folloeing such fools (on both sides)

Maybe this Thai FM is just trying to get some World Attention on the situation, I talked to several of my friends back home in the USA and there is no news coming out about what is going on here in Bangkok... by using such strong words, seems he got some attention here.

Where is Jinjthing et al.......making up new flash cards with revised answers?...[/b] :)

:D :D :D

don't chuckle too quickly ... the fat lady ain't sung yet .... and you probably won't like the final end of this anymore than the rest of us

I have posted widely on topics since the EC decision, so I don't appreciate the harassment and heckling from the pro red tea party.

harassment ? LOL

Take a teaspoon of cement and harden up.

What if the person in question is RESPONSIBLE for major human rights violations in his country???

Fact is of course that Thaksin fled the country after he knew he was going to get criminally charged for the corruption during his time in office. He hasn't left the country because of a military coupe. Formally there is a democratic elected government now, maybe not completely according to the western way, but at least it is much more democratic than the votes buying method by the TRT, PPP, etc.

Get him arrested in Dubai then...The Middle East has no qualms about human rights in Thailand..... :)

or

Do a backdoor deal with Cambodia....

Agree Human Rights is well over the Top. But you give up your Human rights first then we shall all follow. I am sure Taksin would not have to sit in Squala in a Thai dungeon, But Human rights is there to protect all. Those that would do away with it are normally those that would cry the most if they were denied it.

Judge but dont judge, me hang him but dont hang me, :D let him rot but dont let me rot

Its simple, Peace and blessings on all, even you :D

Every thread where Thaksin's name comes up it's always the same: "Criminal" "Murderer", "Terrorist". Where does all this come from?

It seems to be like the fishermans story....every time it is told the fish get bigger and bigger.

We all know that Thaksin was accused of many things---under the general heading of "corruption"

He was accused of: Treason, Conflict of interest, Tax evasion, Violation of Lese Majeste, disposal of "Natonal interests" to international investors.

No proof was ever established with respect to any of there accusations or charges, except for "conflict of interest" which came from his participation in the land deal

which was actually consumated by his then wife. In other words it would appear that everything he did or was accused of doing did not meet the legal test

of criminal wrongdoing, and in fact was perfectly legal. The "conflict of interest" conviction is for a relatively minor offense Many many political figures and government officials worldwide have been accused of such things...and quite a few have been found guilty. His sentence of 2 years is hardly in line with major criminal activity. Why is his conviction so different?

My Question: How does a minor conviction and token sentence, for a "white collar" crime get him classified into the same league as Hitler, Stalin, Polpot etc. How does a tainted business deal get you into the terrorist category. I have listened to him speak many times and not once have I ever heard him advise violence. In fact he has said quite the opposite, but then we get all this 2nd and 3rd hand reporting of what he was supposed to have said....and the story grows with each new telling---just like the fishermans tale.

I have asked this repeatedly on different threads and on several forums, because quite honestly I don't know.....still no reasonable answer!!

I have read hundreds of pages of text on the man but I have avoided reading local hype and politically charged commentary. The reviews are actually not

that bad. His is condemned by some for "human rights abuses" and for some of his business dealings, but he is also praised for his record of business development and attracting investment capital to Thailand. (Human rights abuses have been made against the Government of Canada for Christ sake...over issued with the Indians). He is especially praised for his handling of the Tsunami crisis. That is in the international press...not the poisonous local rags where bias and slanted reporting are pretty well recognized by everyone and unfortunately repeated and amplified on ex-pat forums. to the point of absurdity. Setting aside petty sniping and political bias ( If that is even possible in this atmosphere) can anyone give a civil and balanced answer?

Every thread where Thaksin's name comes up it's always the same: "Criminal" "Murderer", "Terrorist". Where does all this come from? (for readability rest of the very long post shortened by me)

Google a little bit more, read what you find with an open mind and your opinion will be more balanced than is the case now. A good summing up has been given by a member called Bubba in a post on april 6. I would use none of the qualifications you mentioned for either mr. T or mr. A. But the fact that mr. T. has been elected and removed by a military coup doesn't make him a saint.

Every thread where Thaksin's name comes up it's always the same: "Criminal" "Murderer", "Terrorist". Where does all this come from? (for readability rest of the very long post shortened by me)

Google a little bit more, read what you find with an open mind and your opinion will be more balanced than is the case now. A good summing up has been given by a member called Bubba in a post on april 6. I would use none of the qualifications you mentioned for either mr. T or mr. A. But the fact that mr. T. has been elected and removed by a military coup doesn't make him a saint.

So that is the best you can give me? I never said he was a saint....I have "googled" to death and the question still remains. I did not ask for "opinions" I asked for "facts"

I asked for the proof which apparently even the courts could not find......proof in the legal sense...not proof because you don't like it or agree with it.

Like I said in the post...I have asked over and over and so far nobody has come close to explaining it....just more hot air and opinions.

So that is the best you can give me? I never said he was a saint....I have "googled" to death and the question still remains. I did not ask for "opinions" I asked for "facts"

I asked for the proof which apparently even the courts could not find......proof in the legal sense...not proof because you don't like it or agree with it.

Like I said in the post...I have asked over and over and so far nobody has come close to explaining it....just more hot air and opinions.

sir there are many well documented facts about what happened in Thailand when Thaksin headed the government, i.e. carried the political responsibility for his country like mr. Abhisit does now. It is up to the politician to resign if he or she cannot take responsibility anymore for what is done or not done in the governments or his/hers name. I don't understand what you want to proof with all the searching for proof in the legal sense. If you mean proof of personal involvement in violations of human rights, disappeared and/or murdered people, i think you can google till your computer drops dead and it doesn't make a big difference which VIP-name you put in the search box. I am not ideologically blindfolded and perhaps that helps in not turning a blind eye for the wrongdoings of any government, political groupings or individual politicians. I hope you feel the same about that. thank you

This is coming from the Yellow man who was up on stage at the blocked International airport.

The one that many people call a "terrorist" for helping to shut down Bangkok airports.

How can Kasit say these things given what he did and what he supported ?

I guess he is concerned that many people had video camera's, mobile phone camera's, camera's and the world has seen via Facebook, YouTube and the other social media just exactly did happen. The world can watch www.uddthailand.com even if Thai people are blocked by media oppression. Many people have seen everything that really happened on Saturday via YouTube and Facebook. No hiding place in 2010. They can compare that with what the state run media reported and then can judge if any bias or propaganda is being forced upon the people.

It seems the world is no longer afraid of reporting the real truth and their opinions of the situation. Kind of means they are ignoring anything Kasit says now ? perhaps why he is angry ?

Australian TV tonight is doing a "no holds barred" look into Thailand, the reporter is quoted as saying he probably will never be able to visit Thailand again. Link below :

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...-thai-politics/

Just finished watching that about 1 hour ago - excellent report, had the Nations managing editor on the ropes with some of the questions. A must see, some very important perspectives discussed in the report, unfortunately discussion of content is not allowed. And yes, the reporter will never be allowed to visit Thailand again - if only for the fact that a very very notorious clip was aired - highly provocative, humiliating and even unnecessary (I think).

Edited by RussellHantz

sir there are many well documented facts about what happened in Thailand when Thaksin headed the government, i.e. carried the political responsibility for his country like mr. Abhisit does now. It is up to the politician to resign if he or she cannot take responsibility anymore for what is done or not done in the governments or his/hers name. I don't understand what you want to proof with all the searching for proof in the legal sense. If you mean proof of personal involvement in violations of human rights, disappeared and/or murdered people, i think you can google till your computer drops dead and it doesn't make a big difference which VIP-name you put in the search box. I am not ideologically blindfolded and perhaps that helps in not turning a blind eye for the wrongdoings of any government, political groupings or individual politicians. I hope you feel the same about that. thank you

Just as I thought. Still no answers, just general statements. Well documented "facts"? Where...what facts:"? That is what I'm talking about. I have read pages and pages of "facts" and nothing comes close to answering my simple question. My post asked the specific question: How does a relatively minor conviction for a white collar crime place Thaksin in the Hitler, Stalin, Polpot category....which so many anti-Thaksin posters seem to do.

Where are all these monster crimes....why were none of the allegations or charges able to be proven in court, except for the one which I have already acknowledged. Those are the questions I am asking. I am not asking for some idiological bullshit. Anyone who does not specifically spit poison every his name comes up is immediately branded as a supporter. I am not a supporter...I am trying to understand the ravings of those who seem to hate him so much. It's that simple....and so far all I get is ideology and hyperbola. To keep calling anyone a criminal, a murder and a terrorist on the basis of what is available is just nonsense. A man is considered innocent until he is "proven" guilty where I come from. There was a time when we hanged people on suspicion of stealing cattle, but we gave up on that quite a while back...we have to prove it now. Try reading the entire post again and not just respond to one line....You told me to google for the information and now you seem to be telling me that it won't make any difference? I have already stated what he was accused and charged with...and what he was actually convicted of. There is a very big difference between accusations and convictions. This is a point which seems to be lost in all the ravings and babbling. I have stated the things he was condemned for (internationally) and the things he was praised for. That I believe is very "balanced" and you come back and tell me to google more so I can get more balanced?

Where is the imbalance---anybody??

Personally, I would like to see the word terrorist used less. Some of the valid points made are overshadowed by the somewhat inflammatory and emotive use of the word.

But let me reiterate, this is a personal thought.

And one shared by many in TV that are on both sides of the political dispute. The use of such terms along with Hitler comparisons, lessens the meaning. We all know what the true meaning is and we should strive to respect the intent.

Rank Thaksin together with the top VIPs like Hitler & Stalin, IMHO, I don't think Thaksin have that prilivage to be on the top shelf.

And if you think Mark is bad as a PM, wait till you get the next one, which could either be Kasit, or worst, Suthep, or Chalerm, or Newin, or ....

Rank Thaksin together with the top VIPs like Hitler & Stalin, IMHO, I don't think Thaksin have that prilivage to be on the top shelf.

And if you think Mark is bad as a PM, wait till you get the next one, which could either be Kasit, or worst, Suthep, or Chalerm, or Newin, or ....

The important thing now is to PREVENT Thaksin from ever having the chance to rise to the level of those "great" names.

Also agreed, Abhisit isn't perfect but the next PM will probably be worse. All this rabble for a downgrade.

Edited by Jingthing

We know.... you love Mark, he is the best

Edited by Jerrytheyoung

Posts discussing the Monarchy have been deleted.

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

Well, another foreign minister in Thailand who just has no idea about what a foreign minister job is.

I do not even pity him. He does not deserve it.

I do admit to feeling embarrassed for the Thais

Indeed an utter embarrassment.... every time he opens his gob, BS comes out of it. No one will miss him when the govt resigns. I'm quite confident everyone was laffing at his latest tantrum.

Edited by britmaveric