Cheapest Return Airfare - Chiangmai - Bangkok

clinique

Air Asia. *IF* booked well in advance.

When you want a ticket to fly tomorow then the differences are smaller.

For example:

post-64232-1271375186_thumb.png

(Yes, that's 699 baht one-way total, so the return would be double that depending on when you fly back. So 1500 baht or less for a return!!)

Also note that on Air Asia, tickets are more expensive when demand is higher, such as around weekends and holidays. Mid-week flights are cheaper. Often very early or very late flights are cheaper as well.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If you use air asia whom I use, be sure you are confident you won't have to alter your flight later or you will pay premium for this change...

Agree with what day and even flight time as AA rates vary immensely..

So if your schedule is flexible and can book at least one month in advance, can pick up an inexpensive AA ticket...

CB

With regard to Airasia:

If you are fetching any check-in luggage, there is, with weight, an increasingly significant fee. Their on-line site explains it, and even then it is far cheaper to book such baggage at least 24 hours (online with Airasia) before departure, as opposed to paying double at check in.

Airasia and other Asian budget airlines are often not shown on typical search engines, which may be why you had difficulty. I have no experience with it except experimentation, but someone on another thread mentioned

www.attitudetravel.com/lowcostairlines/asia/

Happy travels,

Airasia and other Asian budget airlines are often not shown on typical search engines, which may be why you had difficulty. I have no experience with it except experimentation, but someone on another thread mentioned

Happy travels,

Really? Have a look here.

Happy travels,

I agree all major search sites will have your cut rate airlines such as AA. Who may not have them are your travel websites such as expedia.com

Happy travels,

When he said search engines I think what he actually meant was the big Western travel sites that mostly show tradional legacy airlines. Travelocity, Expedia et al. Those don't work for budget flights and especially not in Asia.

Happy travels,

When he said search engines I think what he actually meant was the big Western travel sites that mostly show tradional legacy airlines. Travelocity, Expedia et al. Those don't work for budget flights and especially not in Asia.

They don't work for any budget airline even US such as South West.

Yes, sorry, rather than "typical" search engines, I should have written "monster" search engines.

Truth is, I was thinking in terms of those used in the States - a myopia I'm working to cure, if sluggishly.

Which is in no way to take away from those agents recommended.

Flown OneTwoGo a few times since they've been back, cheap, no extras, includes a drink and snack, if the air hostesses get to you before you come down (hopefully in Chiang Mai, on the runway!). As far as safety goes, they're run by Orient Thai and would, I'd imagine, be extra careful not to have a repeat incident.Β 

Their service is considerably better than AirAsia in my experience, and they have the added benefit of flying from Don Muang so you probably save on taxi as well, and don't have to walk more than 100m to the gate (I'm a lazy shit).

Flown OneTwoGo a few times since they've been back, cheap, no extras, includes a drink and snack, if the air hostesses get to you before you come down (hopefully in Chiang Mai, on the runway!). As far as safety goes, they're run by Orient Thai and would, I'd imagine, be extra careful not to have a repeat incident.Β 

Their service is considerably better than AirAsia in my experience, and they have the added benefit of flying from Don Muang so you probably save on taxi as well, and don't have to walk more than 100m to the gate (I'm a lazy shit).

Yeah, that's great if you're connecting with a flight that departs from Suvarnabumi. 250-300 baht taxi fare to get there from Don Muang.

I wouldn't even put my mother-in-law on a 12Go flight.

thanks again guys, im actually flying someone up and back from Bkk, so DM airport is better,,

thanks for the assist

Anybody heard any more about a new air service to run by the NakornChai Bus company?

Nothing. Believe it when we see it. :)