Chulalongkorn Hospital Evacuated After Stormed By Red-Shirts

webfact

so markokang you where there you got pics of the sheels . that would mean you are one of the guys storming the hospital . remember they opend fire from inside according to nathuwat

please post the pics go on dont be selfish

cant wait to see

still waiting for your shell-pics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samak -- red shirt hero, Thaksin puppet PM, chef, implicated in the 1976 mass murder of peaceful, non-violent Thai students at Thammasat U.

Did he? Source?

Dr. Weng and Prof. Giles Ji Ungpakorn might argue that way. Not exactly leading figures of the anti-red movement.

Common knowledge, boychik. Google it yourself.

"In 1992, as Deputy Prime Minister in the Suchinda administration, Samak justified the military's brutal suppression of pro-democracy demonstrators by declaring that the government had the right to do so as long as the US could send troops to kill people in other countries,"

wikipedia Samak_Sundaravej

If you read the bios of some of these key players you'll find that they've been all over the political map. That they've suppressed and killed demonstrators when they were in power. It's a never ending cycle.

A piece from breaking news...

"The doctors, who performed the autopsy, announced that the troop, Pvt Narongrit Sala, was killed by a bullet fired from a far distance and the bullet entered his left side of the brain."

I thought "official" story from BBC was that the soldier was killed from a close distance by policeman, after the soldier drove through the red barricade and was mistaken for a protester going at the army.

The "from a far distance" does not support the story. Did BBC get it wrong again?

I'm surprised the BBC correspondent hasn't got a red shirt on when reporting.

Got a source on that?

Yes, a source would be interesting.

Late last night, my wife watched a TV report showing the video that's been shown here, a group of people on bikes riding towards the line of soldiers when one of them is shot. They also showed pictures of a "third party" located on the side and reported that the soldier who was shot was shot through the head, and helmet from left side to right side. Conclusion was the soldier was not shot from the line of soldiers.

I (me) also note that a puff of smoke seen in the video from the right flank of the line of soldiers would not be from a high power rifle, which produces little or no smoke.

Edited by rabo

Since pre 2001 elections, I have been very anti and wary of Thaksin. I initially supported the PAD in their attempts to expose his crimes and to oust him, however, I backed away from PAD after listening to their increasingly vitriolic rhetoric and the Suvarnabhumi debacle and condemn them utterly. I even began to sympathise with some of the reds and their cause earlier this year thinking that they had a few good points and that they may help further democracy. After this Chula Hospital (where I was born!) incident, as well as having seen some of the shockingly disgusting red graffiti all over Bangkok during a brief visit yesterday, I am now as anti red as you can get. It really is amazing that these people don't know when to stop (PAD and red). Good intention aside what they have done and are doing must face accountability. Arrest, trial, goal.

I may have changed my opinions over the years but my principles remain firm. These mobs must be delt with and measures taken to make sure that no future mobs think they can get away with this behaviour.

Thaksin killed nobody. And the number of 2600+ Thai killed in the war of drug exaggerated and outdated and not conform with the latest investigation.

Prove it. Your statement is at odds with almost every report by domestic and international journalists.

What latest investigation? Got a source for that latest investigation?

What was exaggerated about the deaths? Got a source for that one too?

Enlighten us please mazeltov

Samak -- red shirt hero, Thaksin puppet PM, chef, implicated in the 1976 mass murder of peaceful, non-violent Thai students at Thammasat U.

Did he? Source?

Dr. Weng and Prof. Giles Ji Ungpakorn might argue that way. Not exactly leading figures of the anti-red movement.

do you realise that you get something wrong and illogical here? it isn't always so simple as you maybe wish or appreciate it.

try to grasp the context. But analytical skills and greater breadth of understanding is something you cannot google.

Just a thought but why doesn't the government offer new ID cards, 500 Baht and a bus home to those reds who want to leave (but can't) Buses leave every hour from various locations around the city. :)

good idea like this all the mislead would have a way out. but i also think there is a lot of peer pressure on this guys. what would they say at home?

Did he? Source?

do you realise that you get something wrong and illogical here? it isn't always so simple as you maybe wish or appreciate it.

try to grasp the context. But analytical skills and greater breadth of understanding is something you cannot google.

Huh? Do you deny the Samak/massacre connection, then? Not surprising coming from a dedicated red shirt apologist.

Did he? Source?

"Mazeltov" Now that sounds like a name that could be from Montenegro if I've ever hear one. Are you from Montenegro Mazeltov?

Sae Daeng is back ----- and setting things up to achieve what the reds wanted last night ....

TAN Network: INN: Reds set up barriers in front of Chula Hospital again according to Gen Katiya's orders

WHY would they be setting the barriers back up if not to cause more problems at Chula?

Thaksin killed nobody. And the number of 2600+ Thai killed in the war of drug exaggerated and outdated and not conform with the latest investigation.

Prove it. Your statement is at odds with almost every report by domestic and international journalists.

There is no arguing with the reds here, look at it from this point, there are people who deny the holocaust and I'm you may find the odd Cambodian claiming that Pol Pot was a great chap

Just a thought but why doesn't the government offer new ID cards, 500 Baht and a bus home to those reds who want to leave (but can't) Buses leave every hour from various locations around the city. :)

good idea like this all the mislead would have a way out. but i also think there is a lot of peer pressure on this guys. what would they say at home?

I reckon 'Fancy a couple of Chang Abhisit just gave me some cash.' would relieve all pressure and after a couple of hours all will be back to normal.

:D

If the Government is going to at least pretend to be in charge, they have regain control soon. This has gone too way far, everyone is in danger. I would love to come back, but have other places to go in this world, to spend my time and money.

Well they could tell the truth at home ....

"The reds LIED and never paid us!"

But that might get them beaten down or killed!

BBC, CNN and other biggies are a big shame. For the latest incident they have blocked reply option at BBC. CNN and Al Jazeera nothing at all.

What happened to the world top notch investigative journalists at BBC? They supposedly sent their top notch over to Thailand. Political?

"The doctors, who performed the autopsy, announced that the troop, Pvt Narongrit Sala, was killed by a bullet fired from a far distance and the bullet entered his left side of the brain."

I thought "official" story from BBC was that the soldier was killed from a close distance by policeman, after the soldier drove through the red barricade and was mistaken for a protester going at the army.

The "from a far distance" does not support the story. Did BBC get it wrong again?

I am starting to believe Aljazeera seems more creditable than many news sources lately... Kind of strange to say...

6 October 1976 Thammasat University protests 46 killed.

17–20 May 1992 Bangkok Protests 56 killed (officially)

2 December 2008 Don Muang protest, 1 Killed

10 April 2010 Red protests 25 killed

Isn't it time to explore new ways of political reform?

Since pre 2001 elections, I have been very anti and wary of Thaksin. I initially supported the PAD in their attempts to expose his crimes and to oust him, however, I backed away from PAD after listening to their increasingly vitriolic rhetoric and the Suvarnabhumi debacle and condemn them utterly. I even began to sympathise with some of the reds and their cause earlier this year thinking that they had a few good points and that they may help further democracy. I'm completely with you up till here. After this Chula Hospital (where I was born!) incident, as well as having seen some of the shockingly disgusting red graffiti all over Bangkok during a brief visit yesterday, I am now as anti red as you can get. You didn't witness anything before last night that might have put you off them? Say the Black Shirt militia? The hate speech? Their publications? Roadblocks?, etc? It really is amazing that these people don't know when to stop (PAD and red). Good intention aside what they have done and are doing must face accountability. Arrest, trial, goal.

I may have changed my opinions over the years but my principles remain firm. These mobs must be delt with and measures taken to make sure that no future mobs think they can get away with this behaviour.

Last nights screw up was surely OTT and horrible PR, but it pales in comparison to armed militias and dead bodies and petrol soaked barricades in the inner city.

Let's keep things in perspective pls. Why is any of this worse than what we've seen very recently, with people getting shot and grenades going off and people dying? I sense a lot of fabricated indignation; the Reds are jittery, they KNOW they can get their faces blown off at any time by government (or rogue army) snipers.. It's chaotic, someone thinks they see military in the building directly overlooking their site.. It happens to be a hospital, but better safe than sorry.

Good of Dr. Weng to apologize though, respect.

What a load of tosh!! This mob is clearly out of control and even Weng (not known for being particularly honest) says so. A sad admission from a supposedly leader. But the fundamental issue is that even in War and I mean a properly declared War, there is such a thing as the Geneva Convention which all Countries abide by and one of the abiding principles is not to attack hospitals, the injured, the sick and the dying. I would suggest with respect Sir that sadly it is your own thoughts that are out of perspective.

completely agree you point ! and, practically they are bunch of criminals, do they understand this Geneva Convention ? sadly, I doubt if they have the minimum integrity of human being !

I am starting to believe Aljazeera seems more creditable than many news sources lately... Kind of strange to say...

I have watched Al Jazeera since they first started broadcasting in English. I am quite impressed by them. (Their background info shows are not even openly biased --- but I have noted that they use soft sad music when talking to/about palestinians and no music when talking to jews! :) ) Really --- for News I trust them more than anyone else!

TAN Network: INN: Reds set up barriers in front of Chula Hospital again according to Gen Katiya's orders

THE NATION: reports from Chula hospital say reds r rebuilding blockade in front of the hospital after having taken it down earlier today.

MOTHER F*(#)@rs

An independent committee probing drug-related killings during the first Thaksin Shinawatra government has found no concrete evidence linking senior figures with the murders, a Justice Ministry source said yesterday.

After five months of inquiries, the panel, led by former attorney general Khanit na Nakhon, has obtained only statistical details about the number and nature of the murders.

But no conclusion that would implicate police or Thaksin as the instigator of the shoot-to-kill policy has been reached.

a lot of the death were just "normal homicides" that would had occurred without war on drugs or not.

Sae Daeng is back ----- and setting things up to achieve what the reds wanted last night ....

WHY would they be setting the barriers back up if not to cause more problems at Chula?

so they moved the barriers back and now they move em forward again, suppose thats one way of keeping the foot-soldiers busy. cant believe it . good job they evacuated but maybe now they want a roof over there tinny heads

Well they could tell the truth at home ....

"The reds LIED and never paid us!"

But that might get them beaten down or killed!

nah, one or two yaba tablets will bring them back into the line.

The increase of narcotics is is due to the .......... . (fill in the blank)

A friend of mine, I can't reveal more then that said that politicians are involved in the big trade now, BIG TIME. They know their names and have evidence but can't do anything at the moment. This is quite a reliable source working in a top security position.

6 October 1976 Thammasat University protests 46 killed.

17–20 May 1992 Bangkok Protests 56 killed (officially)

2 December 2008 Don Muang protest, 1 Killed

10 April 2010 Red protests 25 killed

Isn't it time to explore new ways of political reform?

Just a few points for your list

oct 7th 2008 2 killed 400+ injured

Sept 2 2008 1 killed

Nov-Dec 2008 --- 18 killed by grenade attacks.

THE NATION: reports from Chula hospital say reds r rebuilding blockade in front of the hospital after having taken it down earlier today.

MOTHER F*(#)@rs

Hey, maybe Thaksin is going to check in at Chula Hospital. Oh, wouldn't that be a hoot!

Edited by lannarebirth

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said his government would not allow protesters to intimidate the public

Leader of multicoloured campaign decided to return to Bangkok on Friday after a group of red shirts in Khon Kaen province blocked an exit road near Khon Kaen airport and searched for him.They stopped every vehicle going out of the airport and searched for Dr Tul Sitthisomwong.

Somehow this information must not have gotten through to Khon Kaen or the local Sheriff is also on Thaksins payroll

Edited by Herm