CRES Imposes Curfew In Bangkok, many provinces

webfact

Curfew imposed 8 pm to 6 am

The government imposed curfew in Bangkok from 8 pm to 6 am.

The curfew will be in place until further notice

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Curfew in Bangkok, many provinces

The Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) has announced curfew in Bangkok and nearby cities and provinces in the North and Northeast earlier placed under emergency law.

People in areas under curfew are not allowed to leave their homes from 8pm to 6am, with immediate effect.

State authorities are allowed to perform their duties in the restricted areas to restore peace and order.

The curfew order was signed by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva late this afternoon.

-- Agencies 2010-05-19

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prudent security measure. Those outside after that time should be immediately restrained and detained.

In some ways, this might be a danger time for farangs, the reds are now a deranged mob, and there could be random violence or attacks anywhere.

it's pointless to do curfew in the whole bangkok - most of the areas are peaceful.

this city lives 24/7, a lot of fresh food trading and deliveries are done throughout the night from the night markets and from the agricultural provinces.

tomorrow morning there might be not much left on the street markets

Edited by londonthai

it's pointless to do curfew in the whole bangkok - most of the areas are peaceful.

If the curfew is not for everywhere, the reds will just move to where it is not.

Smart move. Makes it a bit more dangerous to burn, loot, and beat up reporters for democracy, after dark.

this city lives 24/7, a lot of fresh food trading and deliveries are done throughout the night from the night markets and from the agricultural provinces

What is pointless, is arguing with men who have guns and are trying to save a city from burning. But you give it a try if you think it wise :)

Prudent security measure. Those outside after that time should be immediately restrained and detained.

In some ways, this might be a danger time for farangs, the reds are now a deranged mob, and there could be random violence or attacks anywhere.

More than likely. The reds aren't gonna go away any time soon. Bombs,car bombs, arson and random shootings will be the order of the day from now on. Baghdad on Chao Phaya.

Thaksin alluded to this when interviewed. Guerilla tactics he mentioned. Whether it was a call by him or just an observation , who knows?

You mean more than drunk deranged bar girls?

anyone from Chiang Mai? I'm watching reports from Chiang Mai Mail on the Facebook The reds blocked Nawarot Bridge, burning tires, buildings on fire, banks are being robbed... Lots of helicopters in the air - that's all i can see.. (sorry for off topic, someone should create a topic for the news from the provinces - i can see that there is a lot of this suff happening)

The Red leaders said Bangkok will burn, leaders surrender to authorities or go on the run and Bangkok is burning in certain parts, coincidence or what ?, it looks like it will get worse before the situation gets better, a sad time for Thailand... :)

Edited by MB1

More than likely. The reds aren't gonna go away any time soon. Bombs,car bombs, arson and random shootings will be the order of the day from now on. Baghdad on Chao Phaya.

Thaksin alluded to this when interviewed. Guerilla tactics he mentioned. Whether it was a call by him or just an observation , who knows?

I think they should send someone to pay a "respectful" visit to mr. Takhsin, wherever that coward is hiding.

Hopefully they inform everyone very carefully in TV and radio about the curfew, have speaker cars travelling the city and after 8pm arrest anyone outside on sight, shoot anyone not complying with their orders.

At this stage, going hard as if we where in Iraq in 2003 is the only way to quickly reduce the problems tonight and hopefully take the air out of the mob's balloon of self-importance.

Been living in Thailand since 1987 and that's the first time that i will be

under curfew,, first time for everything i guess.

there was curfew earlier, not only one time, but as far i remember after 12 mid night, there was a lot here in the south to, Suratthani quite dangerous at night those day's

Certainly more proof that it is no longer about democracy or anything that is for the betterment of the country. These people are nothing more than thugs with nothing better to do except be destructive just for the fun of it. A curfew is a good idea and should be strictly enforced. Is there any reason the world community is allowing the instigator/financier to not be arrested for some inciting terrorism? I fear the world doesn't take the Thai integrity seriously and doubt the accusations. :)

The army should use the curfew to mop up the redshirts... They are clearly insane.... They should shoot looters and arsonists on sight and arrest others. Perhaps there should be a nationwide curfew as there was in Korea through the 1970s (had it's advantages not being able to leave a pub or club after (I believe) 10 PM... been a long time..

I think they should send someone to pay a "respectful" visit to mr. Takhsin, wherever that coward is hiding.

He is hiding in the shopping malls in Paris with his daughter, shopping for a new Vuiton purse, was on TV yesterday while his people fighting for him, shame on him

Now one can see who is at the core of this uprising. A bunch of hired goons. Thugs. Terrorists. Killers. Call them what you will. Individuals not capable of building anything so they choose to tear things down. Perhaps the only way to deal with this is a military coup then govern with an iron fist?

Sad events for Thailand. If the army fails to clean things up there will be an uprising amongst the people of Bangkok and it won't be pretty for these thugs.

The police must be completely overhauled, investigated and possibly jailed for their apparent complicity in these events.

I don't think there will be an election for quite some time. Would you want these thugs running your country?

Is the curfew for whole Bangkok or just the center?

I imagine its the whole. People just told me of a soldier firing at a red shirt at Suk Rd On Nut..! Difficult to follow situation as its developing so maybe stay indoors eh? Not sure what happening with TV forum now nation office is closed..?

Been living in Thailand since 1987 and that's the first time that i will be

under curfew,, first time for everything i guess.

Sorry, but there was a curfew here in May 1992 from 8pm for 2 or 3 days also during those troubles.