Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

Let's stop feeding the trolls, please. Always the some crap over and over. :D

For some people only posted 42 messages so far.. what should we address you? A real Thailander? Should we give any award to you by keeping quiet?

Said the member with 35 posts...but mysteriously "awarded" with 1 star already, on the same day he became a member.... :)

Magician ?

LaoPo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is already some days ago I was close at the barricade near Victory monument. Big dark clouds of burning tires where going up in the sky. There was a woman with a speaker telling about the situation of the reds behind the barricades, she was definetely a red shirt supporter.

There were many people just passing by. It was a strange situation. People just passing by to do their thing like we were doing and those scenes of streetwar so close. When the Woman finished her story in wich she was blaming the government for what was happening I was surprised to hear many of the ' ordinary people passing by' aplauding for her. And I was thinking; why do I read the red shirts have lost their support.

I see many people like to point at Thaksin, the red shirts, the redshirt leaders. Some other people, how much I do not know , point to Abhisit and his government. But in fact, Thailand now is harvesting the results of a history in wich a rich elite has been ruling a nation for a long period by greed. One can blame Thaksin and the red shirts, one can blame Abhisit in dealing in his way with these tragic continuing situation. But this did not fall from the sky one day by total surprise. The shopping centre is set on fire were poor people not even were allowed to enter, Now the bank is set on fire were poor people were not allowed to enter. Now government buildings are attacked. This is not about Thaksins, Abhisits, coloured shirts, This is about a great part of the population in Thailand, who, aware or unaware of all the political details, are sick about this continuing history of elite civilians and second class civilians, greed, corruption in money and power, arrogance, inhumanity. It is a sad thing but Thailand is in a situation where many western countries have been before. Where problems existed of the same origin and where people started real fights and even war driven by their feelings of unjustice. Today in modern times, we call these people terrorists and many people think in doing so we solve a problem. I would say, the problems for Thailand maybe have only started now because the other 'terrorists' are the people wearing fine suits, having big estates and many privilliges from their 'friends' and lots and lots of money on their bankaccounts, money that belong to the people of Thailand. They have been well dressed terrorists for many decennia in the past history. They do not fight on the streets they do not die on the streets, they die in their bed. they are not called 'terrorists' , but 'succesfull bussinespeople'. They have no plans to leave their golden 'barricades' by wich they can occupy the golden roads of their fortune centers.

The poor are not allowed to enter Shopping Malls? And they are not allowed to enter Banks?

Where are you living? As for the Banks, anybody can enter them as long as you have 500 Baht to open a Bank account. If you don't have a Bank account, why would you enter the Bank? And most of the poor (workers) actually have their money at Bangkok Bank. So if the poor reds would think a bit more, maybe they shouldn't attack that Bank. I admit, if I walk into Siam Paragon and look at the prices there (I did that only one time so far), then I feel poor. But again, nobody forces me to buy there.

well today has been a rough day for me and the family..... i lost one of my buisness today,,, hundreds of man hours of work, blood sweat and tears..... :) as did our uncle, scala, lido, and questionable at this time marina the perps from scala have been caught and will be dealt with....To those that dare make excuses for this nonsenes act of blatent terrorism by the taksin army, i would be more than happy to meet you in person anywhere any time for a face to face discussion...You are disgusting examples of human beings..

At this point in time thailand has its own osama bin laden

That's sad...

What was your business?

(if I may ask)

Yep, Takki bin Thaksin and I sincerely hope the army will not take any prisoners tonight but shoots to kill and the bodies should be publicly displayed in Bangkok for one day to warn off any other Thaksinistas

Edited by Herm

Who underwrites the insurance of Central World? I'd be interested to know in reality who's pocket just took a caning... :)

More than likely they are in the same family. :D

Would be surprised if there is not some government assistance.

what about all those mom & pop stores in Siam Square

So many people's lives and livelihoods have been destroyed, runied or badly damaged today by these disgraceful acts of terror

Real Estate is insured, but as others have mentioned, there are often terrorism clauses in insurance contracts. I believe Siam Square is owned by one family.

I doubt anyone is insured for stock. Did they get the high priced automobiles out of Central World? :D

As for Central World? It will be rebuilt to great fanfare using the very same people that the Reds said demanded 'democracy'. So in a way, the Reds have guaranteed employment for thousands in the year to come and the insurance companies will cough up and so will we, their premium holders.

Using your logic, burning down every commercial structure will surely guaranty even more employment.

Will the insurance companies pay? not so sure they usually exclude riots, war, etc. My guess is the Govt, may pay.

For some people only posted 42 messages so far.. what should we address you? A real Thailander? Should we give any award to you by keeping quiet?

Said the member with 35 posts...but mysteriously "awarded" with 1 star already, on the same day he became a member.... :)

Magician ?

LaoPo

Surely not still with the star, obsession crusade nonsense Mr LaoPo? :D

It is already some days ago I was close at the barricade near Victory monument. Big dark clouds of burning tires where going up in the sky. There was a woman with a speaker telling about the situation of the reds behind the barricades, she was definetely a red shirt supporter.

There were many people just passing by. It was a strange situation. People just passing by to do their thing like we were doing and those scenes of streetwar so close. When the Woman finished her story in wich she was blaming the government for what was happening I was surprised to hear many of the ' ordinary people passing by' aplauding for her. And I was thinking; why do I read the red shirts have lost their support.

I see many people like to point at Thaksin, the red shirts, the redshirt leaders. Some other people, how much I do not know , point to Abhisit and his government. But in fact, Thailand now is harvesting the results of a history in wich a rich elite has been ruling a nation for a long period by greed. One can blame Thaksin and the red shirts, one can blame Abhisit in dealing in his way with these tragic continuing situation. But this did not fall from the sky one day by total surprise. The shopping centre is set on fire were poor people not even were allowed to enter, Now the bank is set on fire were poor people were not allowed to enter. Now government buildings are attacked. This is not about Thaksins, Abhisits, coloured shirts, This is about a great part of the population in Thailand, who, aware or unaware of all the political details, are sick about this continuing history of elite civilians and second class civilians, greed, corruption in money and power, arrogance, inhumanity. It is a sad thing but Thailand is in a situation where many western countries have been before. Where problems existed of the same origin and where people started real fights and even war driven by their feelings of unjustice. Today in modern times, we call these people terrorists and many people think in doing so we solve a problem. I would say, the problems for Thailand maybe have only started now because the other 'terrorists' are the people wearing fine suits, having big estates and many privilliges from their 'friends' and lots and lots of money on their bankaccounts, money that belong to the people of Thailand. They have been well dressed terrorists for many decennia in the past history. They do not fight on the streets they do not die on the streets, they die in their bed. they are not called 'terrorists' , but 'succesfull bussinespeople'. They have no plans to leave their golden 'barricades' by wich they can occupy the golden roads of their fortune centers.

I appreciate and respect much of what you say. Although beautiful in theory, communism failed. The relative few in power became rich, the populous not so good. Capitalism seems to be the lesser of the two evils.

Absolutely there is socio-economic injustice in Thailand. Cronyism abounds as does corruption and greed.

Thaksin funded efforts certainly fueled and catylzed peoples frustrations. Nobody can deny or confirm whether the burning and destruction was preplanned and paid for by someone in Montenegro. The targets may be affiliated with enemies of certain louis vuitton custmers.

To date I have not heard anyone refer to the people protesting in Myanmar as terrorists, nor the WTO protesters nor many other examples.

It is all just coincidence how these protests began shortly after an asset seizure.

I have great admiration and respect for a songwriter and highly political figure that the two us might happen to like.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing" Bob Dylan

Edited by atyclb

Magician ?

LaoPo

Surely not still with the star, obsession crusade nonsense Mr LaoPo? :D

Are you going to give me award? I am so happy for that.. anyway.. today I finally realized how is the elite group in bangkok harangue for the issue.. the only conclusion is.. selfish is everywhere in the world.. no wonder the gap between the poor and elite group is so much different in thailand.. compare to any nearby country.. good luck.. thailander..

Where do you get the idea that poor people were not allowed to enter Central World or Bangkok Bank? You have probably never even been to Thailand if you write such rubbish. Central World was clearly targeted because the same family owns the Bangkok Post which Thaksin failed to take over through a nominee. Of course there are inequalities that need to be addressed but that is the same in most other emerging economies and even in developed countries. That issue is underlying the recruitment of red shirts but don't forget that at the top of the tree Thaksin is also very much part of the elite and so is most of the rest of the red leadership. At the top it is more of a struggle between different elite groups. Get real.

Today is like Thailand's 9/11, and Taksin is like Thailand's very own Bin Ladin. with The redshirts as Al-quaida. I pray for the Thai troops and I hope they are able to quickly level the evil vermin they face in the streets. Take them out now before they run off and hide in a buri somewhere like Taliban hides in the mountains. No body wants to see a drawn out war like the one we (USA) has.

once the "poor" red shirts figure out looting ( and burning) is on the programme, they will really get with distruction

what is distruction? I've heard of destruction before but not distruction. Maybe I'm dumb

"Dumb" is harping on a typo that ALL of us can and do make.

Who underwrites the insurance of Central World? I'd be interested to know in reality who's pocket just took a caning... :)

More than likely they are in the same family. :D

Would be surprised if there is not some government assistance.

what about all those mom & pop stores in Siam Square

So many people's lives and livelihoods have been destroyed, runied or badly damaged today by these disgraceful acts of terror

Real Estate is insured, but as others have mentioned, there are often terrorism clauses in insurance contracts. I believe Siam Square is owned by one family.

I doubt anyone is insured for stock. Did they get the high priced automobiles out of Central World? :D

Siam Square is owned by Chulalongkorn University, another target of the red shirts because CU academics have been outspoken against the red shirt protests.

But in fact, Thailand now is harvesting the results of a history in wich a rich elite has been ruling a nation for a long period by greed.

People keep bringing this up as if it's unique to Thailand. Did you know that 10% of the US population control 80% of the country's wealth? How come we don't see the poor rural farmers burning down central DC or New York?

Whatever legitimate complaints the red shirts had about distribution of wealth and power has been completely thrown out the window ever since they rejected Abhisit's roadmap. Rationalize this however you want, but what they're doing is terrorism, pure and simple. No legitimate protest would burn down the house just to kill a few rats.

You're wrong

I've posted nothing on the red/protest/political threads except a general weariness about farangs who suddenly know everything about Thai politics.

If you meant any of that tripe seriously then I apologise for over-estimating you and congratulate you on being the first single cell organism to learn to type

I believe I should thank to your apologize and congratulation.. is it?

'is it?'

Thais don't say that. It's Singapore slang or used in Malaysia.

once the "poor" red shirts figure out looting ( and burning) is on the programme, they will really get with distruction

what is distruction? I've heard of destruction before but not distruction. Maybe I'm dumb

more than one way to spell a word :) and still get the message understood

Yeah yeah, the same could be said from the yellow shirt, and their protests lasted a lot longer. The death toll under the reds is horrendous, it surpsirses me they didn't behave more violently.

Double standards is the key word here.

Or did you forget the charge of the army over a month ago, it seems you did, and still the PM is allowed to carry on, amazing, no other word for it.

Edited by sjaak327

Please post this video for the world to see.

Thank you.

Interesting, he said, he's going to take responsibility all by himself (for the reds to burn down the whole country)... How much does a 500,000 square meter department store, a couple of banks, a TV station and business losses for a few hundred thousand people cost?

Hm, 500 Baht might just not be enough...

He should get a life employment cleaning toilets in the new Central World and then charge "customers" 500 Baht each to use the loo... That'll compensate for some damage as guest frequency would be high for sure. I would be one of the first to thoroughly use it... Oh, nasty thoughts...

Thank you.

Interesting, he said, he's going to take responsibility all by himself (for the reds to burn down the whole country)... How much does a 500,000 square meter department store, a couple of banks, a TV station and business losses for a few hundred thousand people cost?

He should get a life employment cleaning toilets in the new Central World and then charge "customers" 500 Baht each to use the loo... That'll compensate for some damage as guest frequency would be high for sure. I would be one of the first to thoroughly use it... Oh, nasty thoughts...

Thank you.

Let's stop feeding the trolls, please. Always the some crap over and over. :)

Newsflash there Mr. Lemon, it's not the quantity it's the content.

Show me some of your contents which are deemed to be quality and moderate.. I will keep my mouth shut ..

If his total is 1 - that will still top your total in the 3 hours that you have been a member

Since your English is rather poor, I will give you a tip. You should type your posts on a

word document, then use the spell check to correct your grammar and vocabulary.

Perhaps then people will stand a better chance of figuring out what point you are trying

to get across

Thank you.

What a load of bogus nonsense.

Once you read the junk about people not being able to enter shops and banks you just know that this is another made up piece of trash by one of our new red friends, this time masquerading as a 'concerned liberal'.

It is a pity that he has but a shallow understanding of class society, but that is to be expected.

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

Thaksins red horde is a sentence with three words meaning a certain number of thai people

Thai people hurting Thai people

The people of Thailand do not deserve that the people of Thailand beat the people of Thailand

The good people of Thailand.

Which ones are the good ones?

No one is all good or bad - but anger which comes from dissatisfaction (for example when people disagree on politics) can arise in the heart of even the most harmless seeming granny, and cause a person to commit terrible deeds.

Simple good Farmers in red might be convinced that yellow is wrong and simple hard working people in yellow who love their King might be convinced that red is wrong.. that is irrelevant, because there is something wrong,and something right about both perspectives if you look at all the arguments.

It is because of 2 main things that such atrocities and injustices happen;

1. People Hate when they are angry, and get violent when they hate - they get angry when things dont fit with how they want things to be or not be.

People forget to see oneness and start allocating people into sectors and separating themselves.

Red shirts and yellow shirts dont exist really its just an assumption.

In the end there are only Thai People. Thats what was there before and thats what will be there after.

To say "May they rot in hel_l" is also not fair. Because they are Thai people too.

The people who burn things are making the same mistake as the soldiers who shot people.

Thai people too have forgotten this, and have slipped into the us and them mindspace.

They are Us, and we are them... there is no us and them.

The same anger which makes you say "may they all rot" is the anger which made those people burn the city.

If they weren't angry they wouldn't have done it.

Now you find yourself wishing for other living beings to rot - what then is the difference between yourself and others with harmful thoughts towards other beings?

I do understand the anger.. I cannot stand to see Humans being cruel to each other either. And this is what i am seeing.Not red shirts being cruel to yellows.. i see both sides being cruel to each other. And when its over there wont be sides anymore there just be Thai people again.