Vonage Phones

Valjean

Does anyone have experience with Vonage phones in Thailand? In theory you can get the Vonage phone and service with a US number and plug into any broadband connection and the phone operates as if it’s a local US number and you can call any US phone on the basic Vonage calling plan. Do ISPs in Thailand block this?

I run it on True (service provider) in Bangkok. Some ISPs do block the ports required though... (there is an earlier post naming some where it doesn't work...)

Generally have had no problems dialling out, sometimes a call drops after a while, and I have to call back.

Have had occasional issues with silent calls when people phone me.

Admittedly, I have UK Vonage, so the power supply for my router was already for 220v. You'll either need a step down transformer, or a replacement DC power block to use the Vonage router here.

I run it on True (service provider) in Bangkok. Some ISPs do block the ports required though... (there is an earlier post naming some where it doesn't work...)

Generally have had no problems dialling out, sometimes a call drops after a while, and I have to call back.

Have had occasional issues with silent calls when people phone me.

Admittedly, I have UK Vonage, so the power supply for my router was already for 220v. You'll either need a step down transformer, or a replacement DC power block to use the Vonage router here.

I have been using Vonage to the US for 6 months and not one problem..I use True ADSL...I also added the Softphone feature from Vonage and I connect direct to my computer with a headset...

Stoneman