Honda Steed Radiator Needed

Jayman

I am in need of a replacement radiator for my 600cc Honda Steed. The current one is in pretty bad shape and not doing it's job of cooling very well. It's been cleaned and soldered to fix all the leaks but many of the fins are damaged. It also suffers from constant overheating and I can hear air escaping from the cap area when it's hot. The fan kicks on when needed but once the water boils out then the thermo switch stops working (needs fluids to operate). I have been looking for a replacement but I'm having no luck. I need a source either here in Thailand or from outside that I can import in. Hoping for a good working 2nd hand radiator that won't cost me a fortune. Just FYI, I'm in Pattaya.

Hopefully someone here will get me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks. I'll have a look. I did find someone who can make me a new radiator for a few thousand baht if I let them copy the original one. Might just go with that.

After re-reading the OP...........

I had a small on/off switch fitted near the ignition key housing and manually switch the fan on, whenever I ride for more than about 10minutes. A New thermostat still 'kicks in' at a VERY HIGH temparature IMHO and this adaptation cost very little and works well.

Just thought it might help??

www.mocyc.com has a couple of folks in the big bike, chopper section that sell parts for Steeds. I always check it. DR bike has advertisements there as well. Some of the guys that rebuild and sell Steeds may also have spare parts, they have ads with 4 or 5 bikes in the chopper section.