Btv Channel Line-up

moo9

Seems like BTV again did some changes and to me it seems that we lost the Super Sport Channels!

At least those were good for F1.

Still no real alternative, as UBC is too expensive imho.

Anybody know the actual URL of BTV? I googled but only find an outdated webpage.

Cheers

There has been re-jiggling of channels recently, I think only to confuse everyone so that nobody will notice what has disappeared! We've lost Bloomberg, Mnet Movie1 and 2, Channel V and others. We now have Granada, D-Movies (an unfortunate name implying worse than B grade movies) and several blank channels which may be "recovered" eventually?

There has been re-jiggling of channels recently, I think only to confuse everyone so that nobody will notice what has disappeared! We've lost Bloomberg, Mnet Movie1 and 2, Channel V and others. We now have Granada, D-Movies (an unfortunate name implying worse than B grade movies) and several blank channels which may be "recovered" eventually?

Not to forget Super Sports! In other countries such massive changes would give you the right to terminate the contract immediately and request paid funds back.

Very unhappy with BTV now.

Not to forget Super Sports! In other countries such massive changes would give you the right to terminate the contract immediately and request paid funds back.

I agree, BTV is now hardly worth it even at the low subscription price.

I have heard a rumour that the Super Sports channels are STILL available on Sophon. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, how are they getting the feed and why can't BTV show them as well??

On a pirated system you have rights? :)

F1 is available on rapidshare the next day

You said it, "the next day". Worthless unless it is a very spectacular race worth to see twice.

So....when Supersports is gone on Sophon as well, how long it will stay on Thepwanee (or whatever is the name)?

What does it mean for the Worldcup? We are stuck with the Thai Channels? I don't want to return to UBC, that's way overpriced and even does not provide channels I watch like DW, French TV etc.

It's not easy to make a choice in Thailand for a decent TV provider..... :)

F1 is available on rapidshare the next day

You said it, "the next day". Worthless unless it is a very spectacular race worth to see twice.

So....when Supersports is gone on Sophon as well, how long it will stay on Thepwanee (or whatever is the name)?

What does it mean for the Worldcup? We are stuck with the Thai Channels? I don't want to return to UBC, that's way overpriced and even does not provide channels I watch like DW, French TV etc.

It's not easy to make a choice in Thailand for a decent TV provider..... :)

I have heard from a friend who has Sophon that it still has supersports (morning of 3 June). So if this is the case surely BTV can get it as well?? And I agree, I don't want to go back to that rubbish provider UBC....

Those who still have Supersport probably get it from Astra Malaysia. As you can't currently pirate Astra that means the cable providers have to pay the full subscription cost and I guess not all of them are prepared to do that.

Do you still have Fox News?

Barry

Still have Fox on BTV, however I don't watch it (just for amusement), as it is totally biased.

Huh? It's fair and balanced! Which merely seems like bias to you.

But Fox News has been done to death here, so let's not start again. It amounts to a religious issue for the Fox News haters. Also, it should be noted that Fox is just for the American audience. It isn't an international channel at all nor does it pretend to be.

Edited by JSixpack

Do you still have Fox News?

Barry

Still have Fox on BTV, however I don't watch it (just for amusement), as it is totally biased.

Huh? It's fair and balanced! Which merely seems like bias to you.

But Fox News has been done to death here, so let's not start again. It amounts to a religious issue for the Fox News haters. Also, it should be noted that Fox is just for the American audience. It isn't an international channel at all nor does it pretend to be.

Yes, it only represents the current US opposition, but ok I agree, let's not start it again :)

When I had the pirated channel is Sriracha I found channels would disappear all the time.

If I set my TV to reprogram the channels again I found they popped up on different numbers.

SO channels I thoiught I had lost, we only misplaced...

Worth a try?

When I had the pirated channel is Sriracha I found channels would disappear all the time.

If I set my TV to reprogram the channels again I found they popped up on different numbers.

SO channels I thoiught I had lost, we only misplaced...

Worth a try?

My BTV cable is not pirated.

But I found Bloomberg back this afternoon....via Astro, so there is some hope that we get back the sports channels!

I agree, BTV is now hardly worth it even at the low subscription price.

I have heard a rumour that the Super Sports channels are STILL available on Sophon. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, how are they getting the feed and why can't BTV show them as well??

Yes, Super Sports is available on Sophon. But Formula One was a no-no last Sunday -- just endless tennis. Had to torrent the F1 race the next day (brillllllllllllliant quality, recorded off BBC in the UK).

F1 is available on rapidshare the next day and is BBC I hate the adverts on UBC

Super Sports has gone off Sophon too :)

As of 12.57am i have supersports 3

Did here that supersport will stop on june 1st but fully expecting a blackout before the world cup

A thai friend rang BTV yesterday and they said that they will have, magically it seems, world cup coverage. No details on how they'll do it and of course it could be nonsense, but that's what they said. I still can't figure out how Sophon can have supersports and BTV cannot. Very annoying.

I switched over to TMN Cable. Yesterday 2 Supersports Channel were offline, but today they seem to be back. Picture quality is better than BTV. About 90 Channels. Paid 1800 Bht for 6 months plus 1 month free.

Good deal imho

Do TMN have a website or something with their channel lineup listed?

http://www.tmncabletv.com/ used to work, but currently not. It's all in Thai so you need to use Google Translate. Have it now for 2 days...good picture, Supersports 1-3 and the usual English / foreign Channels. Not Pattaya News TV though, but...did not watch this anyway too often. They have a Pattaya News Channel in Thai language.

Let's see, hope they keep the Supersports during the WC 2010!