Sophon Cable World Cup Commentary Out Of Synch

Jimmyd

So i'm not the only one, it drives me crazy.I have given up,i would rather listen to the thai commetary then out of synch commentary.I don't know about you guys but it destroys it for me.

I don't know what Sophon are playing at as it was perfect the first few days but now when a live game begins they switch to a Thai channel but keep the asto supersports commentary.

And at half time and full time it goes back to astro.They should leave the astro sports channels on and stop switching to the thai feed for live games.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

I have switched to the Thai channel on True. To be honest - if it were a second BEHIND the action then it would not be quite so bad. However, for example, just as someone is about to shoot the commentary says 'oh that was wide' or 'good save' - so you know what has happened before the action even happens - there is no pleasure in that at ALL...

.......... just as someone is about to shoot the commentary says 'oh that was wide' or 'good save' - so you know what has happened before the action even happens - there is no pleasure in that at ALL...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe you can switch off the sound :)

A friend of mine went into the Sophon office and asked them about the synch issue. He was told :-

"...when the world cup first started they were transmitting Astro video & audio. So no problems there. A few days in, they were told (by Astro I guess) that they had no right to broadcast both, so now they broadcast the audio from Astro & switch the video over to the local thai streams, keeping the English soundtrack. That's it why it's now out of synch..."

Humphhhhhh.........

Last night about 30 mins into the France V Mexico Game there was a slight problem with the Transmission from the Thai Channel and it went of for a minute and went back to the studio with the 3 thai men talking and then came back on,but on astro on sophon it switched back to astro coverage and kept the whole game on with the commentary in synch for the rest of the Game.I am not getting my hopes up though as we will most likely have that out of synch xxxx tonight again.

If astro or a thai company did tell sophon that they can't have both commentary and live coverage then i don't know why sophon bothered leaving the out of synch commentary on as it is pointless.I'm sure they thought they were being smart when infact now they look even more stupid then usual, anything they say in that office i would take with a pinch of salt

Edited by SUPERIOR