Birds Nests In The Ears

SwaziBird

Is it the weather in Chiang Mai ?

Anyone else growing more hair out of their ears than anywhere else on their bodies ( except one's beard of course )?

As my hairline recedes from my forehead my ears are getting hairier !

Are there any body waxing places here that will dare to denude ones ears ?

I've asked around and they'll do everything else but ears !!

Help - before I go totally deaf !!

Thanks.

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird

:):D :D

Oh so true! As soon as the hair on my head started to recede, my body hair increased its growth rate. Now I just use the beard trimmer on my electric razor to buzz off the extra hair that comes out of my ears and around the edges. Same with my nose. It grows on top of my nose as well as inside.

It's just part of being a man, and actually attributed to increased virility. It is something to do with increased levels of testosterone.

Well I'm impressed Ian if your just recently noticing hair sprouting from 'places' and receding from others at your young age! :)

I know what's happening to me now at 44, what's in store when 70 come around is scary; cause the title says it all, from sparse grass to full on birds nests.

Um, both of my neighborhood barbers, the 70 baht AC one or the 40 baht no AC one, provide meticulous detailing of nose and ear growth. Biggest surprise is how two cool damp towels laid over you face, overlapping slightly and exposing nostrils only, allows trimming without the intolerable tickling sensation.

:D :D :D

Oh so true! As soon as the hair on my head started to recede, my body hair increased its growth rate. Now I just use the beard trimmer on my electric razor to buzz off the extra hair that comes out of my ears and around the edges. Same with my nose. It grows on top of my nose as well as inside.

It's just part of being a man, and actually attributed to increased virility. It is something to do with increased levels of testosterone.

I want hair in my ears. :)

Old folk remedy. A little sardine oil smeared around offending follicles, bring in the cat and he/she will lick them off. No first hand experience, as I was given a teeny weensy power mower, cat ate that to.

I bought a very nice kit from Boots, called a "beard trimmer".

Yes, all lower caps.

Battery operated (2 AAA's) it comes with an amazing plethora of attachments for this very sad old man condition.

Has pretty much every miraculous kind of widget to remove all this disgusting hair sprouting from most unseemly places.

BTW, can someone pass a law against the farang male 60+ crowd wearing singlets (or wife-beaters, as they are known in the US)?

Looking at a back bear-pelt on some of these guys on the escalator at KSK has really put me off shopping there..... :)

~

It is god's way of making us unattractive to the females of our species since our seeds are getting a bit moldy anyway.

It may be worth considering a cream depilatory but I certainly would NOT put it in my nose. For other areas however,

even ears if you are VERY careful not to get it in the ear canal, it is painless, quick and leaves no stubble whatsoever.

I know you are typical guys but READ THE INSTRUCTIONS - especially the part about doing a skin test or two first.

Most up market 'men departments' have kits which have all the utensils needed to handle those problem areas. Be adventurous, get the gf or wife to give you a makeover from top to bottom. Remember to use the heavy duty nail clipper on the appropriate appendages. Even at our age, (I have been told), that this could develop into an erotic experience, especially when she blows in your ear to remove hair clippings. Maybe this is another one of natures way of reminding us of our mortality, we better enjoy all we can while we are able.

I have heard of some geriactric souls in despair actually having a "burn off" with disposal lighters. You thought is it was steam didn't you ? well think again. Might explain the high level of pollution in CM at times.