Certificat Of Transfer

BangkokBill09

Hello everyone,

I've seen reference many places to a Bank form called Thor Thor 3, which is a form used by Banks to show proof of money transfer from a foreign bank into one's own bank account in Thailand. I've been told that if you ever want to get money out of Thailand you need to have this certificate. I'm about to transfer a large sum of money to buy a new car and I've contact SCB bank bank to supply me this form, but the bank people at my local SCB branch don't seem to know anything about it. Does anyone have any information about this.

Thanks,

Bangkok Bill

I don't know if the law has changed or not (haven't done any large transfers in a while), but I got this proof of transfer from my bank (Bank of Ayudhya) years ago when I transferred money from the U.S. to build my house.

I think you need to go back to SCB and discuss this further.

Only last year I enquired about transferring a large amount out of Thailand and the first thing they asked for was evidence of input.

My initial transfer in was via the Bangkok Bank some 10 years back.

In my case I had deposited via travelers cheques when arriving here and the receipt for exchange was deemed as sufficient evidence.

I would imagine that upon input of your funds if you were then to obtain a written bank confirmation of it's origin that this would suffice. Maybe marry this with confirmation from the source bank.

Maybe others will correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a thought.