Where Does Thailand Stand On Economic Sanctions On Iran?

There is a global movement to impose economic sanctions on Iran, mainly in response to the nuclear program which most informed people do believe is intended to be used for tools of warfare. While this has found support in the UN, North America, parts of the Middle East (yes more than Israel), and Europe, the key support needed from China and Russia is more lukewarm. Where does Thailand stand on the matter? Can you really be neutral on such a matter, either you support sanctions or you don't I would think.

Ice must flow.

Is there a full moon out?

Nope. Full moons coincide with Bid Buddha days. Next one, is in second half of August.

When the mainstream media reported recently. that Iran was going to build a fusion reactor, it was fairly obvious to me, that it is all media hype. What a load of rubbish !!!!!!!

And I also wonder where does Thailand stand on nuclear proliferation concerns about Israel

which the 35-nation IAEA board can also refer to the U.N. Security Council —

( as it did with Iran in 2006 after Tehran resumed uranium enrichment, a potential pathway to nuclear weapons.)

Lets see if there is fairness on this issue ? :whistling:

http://blog.taragana.com/politics/2010/05/07/apnewsbreak-un-nuke-agency-set-to-put-spotlight-on-israels-secretive-program-33946/

And I also wonder where does Thailand stand on nuclear proliferation concerns about Israel

which the 35-nation IAEA board can also refer to the U.N. Security Council —

( as it did with Iran in 2006 after Tehran resumed uranium enrichment, a potential pathway to nuclear weapons.)

Lets see if there is fairness on this issue ? :whistling:

http://blog.taragana.com/politics/2010/05/07/apnewsbreak-un-nuke-agency-set-to-put-spotlight-on-israels-secretive-program-33946/

Think twice ! There is no reason why Iran could enjoy the same privileges as does Israel. Or did i miss something and the Iranians are now the chosen people ?

The question was about Iran. There appears to be an international consensus that their government cannot be trusted to be responsible with nuclear weapons. Keep in mind other important players in the Middle East (Saudi and Egypt, etc.) also strongly do not want Iran to get nukes.

Maybe nobody knows what Thailand's position is.

As far as the "chosen people" barb, it seems to be very fashionable to bash Israel, the world's only Jewish state, so not surprised this topic is devolving that way. Keep in mind though that the small population of the tiny nation of Israel does not wish to convert the entire world to Judaism (or actually anyone at all) through warfare if necessary, as is the case with many fundamentalist Muslims (to Islam).

Global Muslims - 1.5 BILLION

Global Jews - 13 MILLION

Please note -- if nobody is able to comment about THAILAND's position on Iran sanctions, I suggest this thread be closed.

Edited by Jingthing

Keep in mind though that the small population of the tiny nation of Israel does not wish to convert the entire world to Judaism (or actually anyone at all) through warfare if necessary, as is the case with many fundamentalist Muslims (to Islam).

That justifies to maintain a huge nuclear arsenal and stealing land from the Palestinian People ?

That justifies to maintain a huge nuclear arsenal and stealing land from the Palestinian People ?

This really isn't the place to discuss the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. Maybe you can easily find another internet forum to join the choir over there.

Note -- I have requested this thread be closed. Nobody seems to have any info on the topic of the thread, so there is no point in keeping it open.

Edited by Jingthing