Honda Jazz Vs Ford Fiesta Vs Honda City

Which car would you buy?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in the market for a new car, but have decided against a pick-up or SUV as I mostly drive around town. I'm very interested in the new Fiesta that will be in showrooms here in Chiang Mai mid August, but there is the worry that the service centres aren't as good as Honda or Toyota and the resale value will be fairly low.

I'm interested in the 3 cars in the poll. Toyota has never done anything for me. :whistling: I would buy the top of the range model of each.

If you had to pick one of these three which would you buy?

Cheers

Beanster

Edited by Beanster1

If resale isn't important then definately the fiesta (note that I own a honda). Better drive train than the jazz/city, but the jazz won't be beaten for its versatile cargo space. The fiesta looks cool and is 'different' - the rear drums are the only thing I don't like, but it brakes as well as its competition. A recent review from the US on youtube put the fiesta on top, just ahead of the jazz, with the yaris a distance third. If ford can;t sell the fiesta here they don;t deserve to be in business in this country.

I voted for the Ford Fiesta based on my own criteria - yours may differ...

In top spec, the Fiesta has more power (due to 1.6L engine), better fuel economy (almost 10% better), a better transmission (6-speed DSG), better NVH (best in class ever), better handling (unanimous in all tests), better safety (electronic stability control), and better features (bluetooth, ipod, usb, voice control)..

The Jazz wins easily on interior space and practicality however - which may be more important to you.

As for resale, no-one can guess what it's going to be 2-3 years from now. Ford have some compelling models coming in the next couple of years (new Focus and *maybe* the new Mondeo), so if they get their dealerships in order and promote their strengths in the right way, there's every chance the Fiesta will have a competitive resale value.

Nissan have already acheived this with the Navara pickup (best resale of all pickups in TH) - so if they can do it, so can Ford :)

UK Jazz does not come with the option of the 1.5 engine.

Correct, in the UK Jazz is either a 1.2L or 1.4L, however the most popular Fiesta in the UK is by far the 1.4L (1.6L is only in much lower selling Zetec trim). .At this level, the real comparison has to be priced based - which means it's still basically apples-to-apples.

I voted for Ford Fiesta. The top model has a spec superior to any other car in segment in LOS, and that is also the reason I have ordered a white one for November delivery as a second car.

When this car hits the LOS roads, and all the boyracers in their moded Vios/Yaris/Jazz/City are beaten by a stock Fiesta with 100kg farang driver, secondhandvalue for Ford in LOS may change:)

The boyracers in LOS influence a lot on families car purchase, they spread a name like Vios. Since people in general has no clue on specs, all they know is a name.

in the UK i believe recently the honda jazz was voted the most reliable car on the market, or at least in the top 5 ( i cant remember ). personally i would never own a ford - unreliable, if you were thinking of selling it after a few years, then it will probably serve you well

"Which" magazine U.K just voted the Jazz best small hatch ahead of Ford Fiesta and all the others.

UK specs very different on both models. Many foreign tests are not comparable with thai spec and price cars

I was trying to show an unbiased view form a large survey rathe than a few ex pats, the cars are now MORE expensive in Thailand for me due to exchange rates.

I doubt the Fietsa will even get near Honda for reliability, I think the Fiesta is pwettier and probably rides better but I still chose the Jazz.

Anyway its the Op's choice and none of them are "rubbish" cars

"Which" magazine U.K just voted the Jazz best small hatch ahead of Ford Fiesta and all the others.

UK specs very different on both models. Many foreign tests are not comparable with thai spec and price cars

I was trying to show an unbiased view form a large survey rathe than a few ex pats, the cars are now MORE expensive in Thailand for me due to exchange rates.

I doubt the Fietsa will even get near Honda for reliability, I think the Fiesta is pwettier and probably rides better but I still chose the Jazz.

Anyway its the Op's choice and none of them are "rubbish" cars

Well, the tested motors in UK are not available here, only same body. Both are great cars in LOS top spec, and rather inexpensive.

I was trying to show an unbiased view form a large survey rathe than a few ex pats

Appreciated - nothing like real feedback and expert reviews :D

Here's some for the Fiesta too:

What Car? Car of the Year 2009

Autoexpress Car of the Year 2009

New Zealend Car of the Year 2010

Scottish Car of the Year 2008

More awards..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

If resale isn't important then definately the fiesta (note that I own a honda). Better drive train than the jazz/city, but the jazz won't be beaten for its versatile cargo space. The fiesta looks cool and is 'different' - the rear drums are the only thing I don't like, but it brakes as well as its competition. A recent review from the US on youtube put the fiesta on top, just ahead of the jazz, with the yaris a distance third. If ford can;t sell the fiesta here they don;t deserve to be in business in this country.

Honda Service wins every time.Ford service is like England,we cant fit u in till next week, if its anything more difficult than Wiper Blades.Nissan super service, Toyota well,they drop to bits these days,Over 25 years of 3 Cars in the Family Honda wins, the Chevy Cars are old Korean crap that guzzle fuel

Well, this isn't helping :whistling:

Tied 9-9 for Fiesta and Jazz!

Sounds like test drives are in order! Service and resale aside, it will come down to personal preference. Check out asia.vtec.net for some reviews of the honda city and jazz.

When I was buying a car in Thailand I rented each of the three I was interested in for a month and lived with it for a month.  Very revealing.  After a month you will know what you really like.<br><br>I chose the Honda City top model.  Still totally satisfied and the Honda Service has been as good as it gets.<br>

I was trying to show an unbiased view form a large survey rathe than a few ex pats

Appreciated - nothing like real feedback and expert reviews :D

Here's some for the Fiesta too:

What Car? Car of the Year 2009

Autoexpress Car of the Year 2009

New Zealend Car of the Year 2010

Scottish Car of the Year 2008

More awards..

Now find some on reliability Honda and all Jap cars usually come top.

I noticed that here the name of a ride seems to dominate. My Mrs is struck by the Jazz name, doesn't much care about the look or spec of the ride but the badge on the back. When l put a 4x4 badge on the back of my truck everything changed and non 4x4's keep trying to burn me off and do silly things as if not happy about my superior ride. Perhaps l am imagining it but it seems that way. :)

Oh ! come on, you love the challenge.

Sorry mate can't help you I did not vote, tried em all, like the look of the fiesta.

I much preferred the look of the sporty Yaris and the ride, with our own chosen sport kit on an ' E ' we love it.

We did not like Toyotas top sports model look.

The ex-girlfriend was car shopping a few months ago and we checked out the Jazz and City. Considered the Yaris but she didn't like the look of it, and other brands were out due to resale values. Finally went with the Jazz as it had superior utility, looked better (IMHO), and we thought it would be easier to sell when the time came.

Just in case anyone is interested, I went into the Ford showroom on the moat yesterday. They are launching the Fiesta this Sunday (15th) and they gave me a few details about their promotion. Top 5 door model is 699K down from 720K interest starts at 2.2% down payment from 10% up. No free insurance though.

• 1 month later...

i know this is a month old but i recently tried the ford fiesta. It's not the same as in other countries. I tried the sport model and it was SLOW. like REALLY slow. i stepped on the pedal as hard as i could at 30km/h.. the RPM definitely went up to 5000 pretty fast, but the car wasnt moving faster, all it did was make more noise. Same as the mazda 3 .. you can step on the pedal as hard as you want, it'll still take its time to go faster. Yet the honda city and jazz, if you step on it, it'll go crazy like a normal western car.

My non-accurate reads on it are

10km to 60km/h in city and jazz in about 3secs

10 km to 60km/h in 9 secs on the mazda 3

10km to 60km/h in 7 secs on the fiesta.

Pretty shitty from a sportcars.

Dont forget, all the speed changes are felt and it jerks around like a manual car, yet without the pleasure of driving manually.

I really hope ford does not sell many of their cars here and invest like 2 hours of research into making a decent engine

• 6 months later...

Honda Jazz is definitely the way to go, I've driven the other options and would choose Honda Jazz for the following reasons: Better quality interior, much roomier interior, better ride quailty, more fun, higher quality throughout,

Ford: Cheap ford fiesta plastics and harsher ride over thailand roads. Lower resale value, not sure where its made but if its like the focus made in philippines the quality of interior is nasty compared to Jazz. Also Jazz's reliability and customer satifaction is proven over the long term, ford doesnt have this up its sleave either.

Honda city: is basically a honda jazz but without the versatility.

Theres excellent resale value of the Honda jazz, Also there is high demand - a waiting list at the moment of 2 months for the colour white, black is the only option available this month.

I wanted a Honda Jazz but my gf wants the Toyota Altis, since its her bank loan - up to her. Altis is great too but 200,000 baht more than Jazz. The 1.8 litre altis G with sports kit is a very nice car to drive in the city and highway but lacks the loading ability of the Honda Jazz.