If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

The lyrics belie Thailand regarding the weather, but the melody and sentiment fit perfectly.

I have yet to meet a Thai that doesn't fall asleep easily, yet the faintest call and they're wide awake in an instant.

• Like 1

The lyrics belie Thailand regarding the weather, but the melody and sentiment fit perfectly.

I have yet to meet a Thai that doesn't fall asleep easily, yet the faintest call and they're wide awake in an instant.

Giving a grennie, not coz I like it but coz I like the comment.

Wasnt there some hippy group called Asleep At The Wheel, good gawd, there was, more hippy crap from the Appalachians, a la Poco.

Unfortunately for both 'ee' gaew and the cops, this is the sort of music is has to endure, no wonder the dog is psycho.

Loving this old skool style Pink Fairies style jam, lets all rip off Foggy Notion.

Jerry Garcia could only dream of playing music like this in one of his pyschedelic acid fuelled trips.

Edited by rgs2001uk

The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go [1982]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQJVKP3YlM

(Album cover on the tracks outside Bangkok)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that photo was actually shot at Makkasan in Bkk.

Shows just how rural Bkk was back then, rather than the sprawling metropolis it is now.

Makkasan is still the same as it ever was, I believe, SRT are slow to take any positive business steps..

Back in the early 90s I lived in an infamous apartment building called Miami Mansions on Phetburi Dtat Mai opposite Makkasan-, 15 minutes walk from Soi Nana, when it was open to 6.00 am with no restrictions. Fun was the operative word.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that photo was actually shot at Makkasan in Bkk.

Shows just how rural Bkk was back then, rather than the sprawling metropolis it is now.

Makkasan is still the same as it ever was, I believe, SRT are slow to take any positive business steps..

Back in the early 90s I lived in an infamous apartment building called Miami Mansions on Phetburi Dtat Mai opposite Makkasan-, 15 minutes walk from Soi Nana, when it was open to 6.00 am with no restrictions. Fun was the operative word.

Mogwai - Stop Coming To My House [2003]

What a group, seemingly unstoppable force now, what will they come up with after the last release opened up so many new avenues. I saw them live in Inverness , one of the best nights I ever had, and they appeared to enjoy their pre-show Thai meal.
  • Like 1

^^^^ @BN, yes we had the best of times we had the worst of times,

I remember Petchaburi rd well, the Sip Hok Darling, The Dara Cafe, The Issan Darling.

Sounds as if you were up near the Prince Hotel, the mrs was in Klong Tan at the time.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Jeez, that was so depressing I need to get my head back to reality, here goes.

Excellent track, ashamed to say I had not heard of this group, although you can hear a VU , Motörhead, Suicide vibe all through.

You could be right? I got info from LastFM http://www.last.fm/music/The+Clash/Combat+Rock

The cover photo was shot by Pennie Smith on a deserted railway line outside Bangkok while the band was on their “Far East” tour in 1982

^^^^, Good man, heres another belter fron the golden age of rawk n roll.

Even better than the original, give it 3 minutes til they get the crap out the way before going mental.

A truly great song, and an interesting live version. Such a shame that video was not so all pervasive when the VU were in their prime.

Edited by stereolab

My mums sister just passed away, she was 94, she was married for 70 years to one guy.....This their song.....smile.png

That's a good life and a magnificently long time to stay together.

Apologies for this Kenny Rogers number transam, the meaning being opposite to your eulogy, but his voice can convey the emotions

Since living in Ireland and then in Issan, I've seen these lyrics in action at times, as no doubt they always have been.There are good and bad men and women.