Here On Tourist Visa Exemtion, Need Double Entrie

Hello all - I came into Thailand on July 26 and just got the standard 30 day Tourist Visa Exemption, I believe that is what it is called. I am from the US and 51 years old.

I am thinking the easiest and cheapest way to get at least another 60 days when this runs out (Aug 24) will be to fly to Vietnam, and get a double entry visa to Thailand ? I want to go to VN for a short visit anyway and it looks like I can a ticket from AirAsia for about 6000 baht.

My main question is, do I just go to the Thai Embassy in Saigon and apply for it ? Thanks in advance, TV has helped me with alot of things. - SS

Thanks for the help guys. So in order to get Non-Immigrant visa in Lao, is it necessary to fly there and back ? I think by land regardless you only get the 15 day extension?

Also, my visa (tourist exemption, that is) expires after Aug 24. Does it make any difference in getting the new one, as long as I am out by the 24th? I know you guys have probably talked about this many times, I looked pretty good for the info but can't find it.

You have to leave by 24th.

Vientienne Laos will issue a double entry Tourist Visa free of charge.

Saigon will issue a single entry Tourist Visa free of charge.

It makes no difference if you fly, walk, bus, cycle, boat or swim. You will get 60 days per entry.

:rolleyes:

I believe you can get a 60 day tourist visa in Vietnam...which can be extended in Thailand for 30 days in Thailand if you wish. That will be a single entry 60 day tourist visa...which should be free of charge (to promote tourisim to Thailand) currently. I haven't seen reports from anyone recently who recieved such a visa, but it should be possible. I don't know how "friendly" the Thai consulate in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) is...but I guess a 60 day tourist visa should be possible.

I'm told that Vientianne, Laos is the place of choice. A 60 day tourist visa from there should be easy. It takes two days...you turn your passport in for the visa in the morning, and pick it up with the completed visa the next afternoon. So expect two days in Vientianne. Hotels are relatively cheap, and you can sit and drink a beer and watch the Mekong river flow by from the bar/restaurant.

I haven't been to Ho Chi Minh City since 1975, so I don't know anything about it now. I'm under the impression that as a foriegner, you are expected to pay a "foriegner" rate there.

:lol: