Thinking To Invest In A Condo Around Phrakanong To Let To Farang

I am thinking to invest in a condo around Phrakanong area tolet to Farang. Thing king to buy one of thesecondos - Wyne Sukhumvit 71 (brand new condo by Sansiri) and Life Sukhumvit 65 (completed, by Asian Property ) . Any recommendations forthese two condos would be very appreciate. In your view (as a farang),would you choose to stay in the Phrakanongarea ? Thanks in advance.

There are farangs staying in Prakhanong area, like in many other areas.

Problems for you to consider are:

1. The profile of tenants and their likely budget

2. The type of condo unit - studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom.

3. Your investment amount and the likely net return, after deducting common fees and agent's commission.

No point investing Bt2.5m on a 40+m2 1-bedroom unit and expect to rent it out for Bt20,000 a month if the type of tenants for this area do not have such a budget.

You can search a lot of existing comments and opinions on property investment here.

1. I think that the area you have selected may not be the ideal one for most high-income businessmen ?

2. What will you do if you cant find a suitable tennant ?

3. Do you think that it will be easy to sell you condo later ? I think we all know that it is not easy selling second hand property in Bangkok.

Wyne Sukhumvit 71 (brand new condo by Sansiri) and Life Sukhumvit 65 (completed' date=' by Asian Property )

[/quote']

Your closest competitor would be Sukhumvit Plus at the T-junction between Rama 4 and Sukhumvit road. This 2-year old project was sold at less than Bt60k/m2.

Check out its occupancy and rental rates.