Another Paper In Pattaya?

TCW

I just read in today’s Stickman column on Pattaya, the following quote, which I hope it is permitted to cut and paste here:

Look out for the newest Pattaya print publication with the arrival of Pattaya One next month which will feature some of the best writers from Pattaya including renowned and respected Pattaya nightlife columnist Nightmarch and perhaps even one of the most popular online writers from Bangkok too...

If this is true, why has there been no publicity about it? (Or none that I have seen). And is it a magazine or a newspaper?

If it is another newspaper, there would be Pattaya Mail, Pattaya Today, Pattaya Times, Pattaya People and Pattaya One in circulation, and I do wonder whether Pattaya can sustain yet another newspaper.

Does anybody have any further information about this?

Thank you.

At least you have four and now maybe 5 so called newspapers that come out daily. In Chiang Mai we only have one that comes out biweekly. We get our English news from your papers along with the Nation and Bangkok Post. So if you don't want or need another paper we would be more than glade to adopt it. And yes I saw the same article and I swear I saw it somewhere else.

How about a paper with no CRIME news? That's already covered quite well (too well) here. So much so that it totally DISTORTS the crime situation in Pattaya.

You are probably correct but that does not sell newspapers Crime, Sin, Sex, Murder Drugs, etc... That sells news papers. This is a lesson the the papers in Chiang Mai have not learned.

How about a paper with no CRIME news? That's already covered quite well (too well) here. So much so that it totally DISTORTS the crime situation in Pattaya.

You are probably correct but that does not sell newspapers Crime, Sin, Sex, Murder Drugs, etc... That sells news papers. This is a lesson the the papers in Chiang Mai have not learned.

:ermm: Any reports on the cost and is it a weekly??

A few days back I bumped into Peter Lloyd, of 'Pete's Peregrinations' fame from the old Pattaya Today, and he told me about this new venture. He will be writing a column for it. His stuff was usually interesting, apart from his occasional rants about the nightlife industry in Pattaya. :rolleyes: I for one will certainly be giving this new paper a read, as after just a month of Pattaya Mail I am totally fed up with all the pages covering endless social phuyai and phuying gatherings.

Edited by Guderian

Yay!!! More paper to line my rubbish bins. Plus the maid loves them for cleaning glass windows, mirrors...

Used them for toilet training the pup too; the local papers were ideal for the dog to crap on.

Yes indeed, my windows are in terrible state since I gave up buying these rags in favour of reading the 'news' pieces when they are rehashed here on Thai Visa.

Thank you all. I had not previously made the connection to Howard Miller's news channel with the Pattaya One name.:huh:

So now we know Howard Miller owns it, Peter Lloyd may be writing for it, as might Duncan Stearn and Stickman.

Presumably Howard will simply plonk all his website news straight into it as well?

Also, how is the advertising situation in Pattaya. Are there enough advertisers to justify a new newspaper?

Thank you.

Thank you all. I had not previously made the connection to Howard Miller's news channel with the Pattaya One name.:huh:Not really connected as the paper will be completely different to Pattaya One News, hence the new logo

So now we know Howard Miller owns it, Peter Lloyd may be writing for it, as might Duncan Stearn and Stickman.

Presumably Howard will simply plonk all his website news straight into it as well? NOPE

Also, how is the advertising situation in Pattaya. Are there enough advertisers to justify a new newspaper? I hope so

Thank you.

Pattaya One hits the streets on 1st October!

PATTAYA: -- The first edition of Pattaya’s newest publication, Pattaya One, will hit the streets on 1 October 2010.

Costing just 15 Baht, and coming out on the 1st and 16th of each month, Pattaya One is packed with content and features by the best writers in Pattaya and Bangkok. It is expected to quickly become the most popular publication in Pattaya.

Pattaya One’s sole emphasis is on entertaining its readers with high quality content.

Howard Miller from Pattaya One commented: “We have superb content, for example: Nightmarch, A Fool in Paradise, Pete’s Peregrinations, a column by Bangkok’s renowned writer Stickman, a new column focused on internet forums, Handy Andy, Kris and Noi, the first dedicated gay column in Pattaya’s mainstream publishing history, a real estate section, Travel features, historical features, a medical column, an intelligent golfing column, and much, much more

To find out more click HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

2010-09-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

No golf page ?? i love reading about the days outing of a group of anonymous old farts from some bar :whistling:

TBH The bloke from Nightmarch is ok for about 2-3 columns but after that gets a bit repetitive.. .. amber liquid, liver-wasters, horizontal shenanigans etc etc

Petes (?) actaully does a pretty decent column ...

Not sure about the gay column though... I mean its all very well behind closed doors but in a family newspaper ?

Edited by William Osborne
  • Like 1