Should Street Prostitutes Be Cleared From Pattaya Beach Road?

Jingthing

Should street prostitutes be cleared from Pattaya beach road?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The question is do you want the beach road promenade liberated from the occupation of thousands of street hookers.

The answer seems to be an obvious NO.

Look, dude, you know me. You know I have said many many times that polls on Thaivisa are NOT scientific and the results are NOT definitive. The poll results are for discussion purposes only, not a means to decide important issues. I have also said this many times when the poll results favor my own opinion, so I am not being a hypocrite here.

Not to get too personal, but you have said you are a regular VISITOR to Pattaya and do enjoy the current beach road scene. All well and good, but what if thousands of whores were lining the canal roads of Chiang Mai? How would you feel then? How about if they were lined up directly in front of your main business location? Would you like that?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is do you want the beach road promenade liberated from the occupation of thousands of street hookers.

The answer seems to be an obvious NO.

I think most people are assuming night time - get them off in the daytime is all I ask (and I am not the only one)

I see your point, but I was out in the EARLY EVENING recently and they were already out en masse. All kinds of tourists like to have a pleasant evening stroll so of course I don't agree with you that the thousands of whores should be allowed to occupy the main feature in town, all night, every night. It could be so much more, day AND night.

There is a predictable amount of virulent homophobia in the responses here.

One could equally claim your views (and poll) arise from misogyny.

That doesn't make either claim true though.

You did a poll, the majority didn't agree with you, accept it and move on. This is the democratic way.

Not to get too personal, but you have said you are a regular VISITOR to Pattaya and do enjoy the current beach road scene. All well and good, but what if thousands of whores were lining the canal roads of Chiang Mai? How would you feel then? How about if they were lined up directly in front of your main business location? Would you like that?

Hmmmmm, loads of Ladyboys along the Moat road at night, quite aggressive, slightly more in your camp than mine though (pun purely accidental). Not sure they would get many customers in full daylight though.

Edited by sarahsbloke

There is a predictable amount of virulent homophobia in the responses here.

One could equally claim your views (and poll) arise from misogyny.

That doesn't make either claim true though.

You did a poll, the majority didn't agree with you, accept it and move on. This is the democratic way.

Yes I did a poll. I didn't deserve to be trashed about it because I am gay though. I have just as much right as anyone else to talk about these issues. If you view the results here as like a real democratic election, well go back to civics class or something or google scientific polling.

Edited by Jingthing

All well and good, but what if thousands of whores were lining the canal roads of Chiang Mai? How would you feel then? How about if they were lined up directly in front of your main business location? Would you like that?

No problem at all. TIT.

Words are cheap. I don't believe you. Or maybe punters are big readers, eh?

Yes I did a poll. I didn't deserve to be trashed about it because I am gay though. I have just as much right as anyone else to talk about these issues. If you view the results here as like a real democratic election, well go back to civics class or something or google scientific polling.

And I can't actually see anyone trashing you about your being gay.

(please point out any such posts to me)

If anyone is being judgemental about others on this thread, that person appears (to me) to be you.

Did I see you just call Ulysses a liar?

Shame on who now?

Edited by sarahsbloke

And I can't actually see anyone trashing you about your being gay.

(please point out any such posts to me)

If anyone is being judgemental about others on this thread, that person appears (to me) to be you.

There are numerous anti-gay remarks on this thread directed at me in relation to the issues in this thread (for example don't throw out the streetwalkers, throw out the gays, etc, etc.). Read the entire thread yourself and you will see. I really can't be bothered to list each and every one; I already responded to them en masse with a general comment.

Please though, BACK TO THE TOPIC, which is street prostitutes on beach road. If people can't help themselves from making this about gays, I will ask for the mods to close this one ASAP. If you want to talk gay stuff, go to the gay forum, OK?

Edited by Jingthing

The solution is to provide them with an alternative area to work not in a bar. Many Latin American countries have a tolerence zone where prostitutes can work without harasment. This will never happen because the real issue is that the pimps (bar owners) don't like the competion. I find the girls are not a bother as much as the Indian Tailors that grap and The Condo Time Slime that seemed to have returned. Perhaps Hua-Hin for those that are bothered.

The solution is to provide them with an alternative area to work not in a bar. Many Latin American countries have a tolerence zone where prostitutes can work without harasment. This will never happen because the real issue is that the pimps (bar owners) don't like the competion. I find the girls are not a bother as much as the Indian Tailors that grap and The Condo Time Slime that seemed to have returned. Perhaps Hua-Hin for those that are bothered.

Yes that is what I am talking about, more ZONING. Beach road promenade should be off limits. Tailors work the sidewalk, not the beach walk.

Yes that is what I am talking about, more ZONING. Beach road promenade should be off limits. Tailors work the sidewalk, not the beach walk.

The The Time Slime work the beach as do the Jetski Dope dealers.

I don't think it would be gay-bashing to say that obviously a gay doesn't want to see female prostitutes anywhere. Maybe if it was male prostitutes it wouldn't be seen as such a big problem. Just an idea.

Stop it! One of my first comments was that I would be equally bothered if it was thousands of male prostitutes. There are SOME male whores there already; I want them cleared out from the beach walk as well. This gay obsession is wrong. If I was black and posted a thread about cooking curries, would people keep bringing up that I am black? My sexuality is IRRELEVANT to this topic. Again, if you can't back off the gay obsession, this thread is going in the rubbish bin. Up to you.

Edited by Jingthing

The The Time Slime work the beach as do the Jetski Dope dealers.

The time share work the beach side at NIGHT? That's news to me. I know they are there in the day. Yes, there are drug dealers as well. It goes without saying that they should be arrested, not any controversy there.

BTW, I am not suggesting the street hookers be arrested. Didn't really get into the mechanics of the idea. I reckon an organized system of repeated warnings leading to arrest for habitual offenders might do the job humanely.

Edited by Jingthing

I did not notice "at night" in the poll question, so are you saying allow daytime prostitution, but clear them out after sunset?

Not saying that at all but it is more extreme at night, for sure.

Then why is it relevant to comment about what is happening during the day versus at night?

Edited by PolPat

Bit of a chicken and egg situation, what came first the streetwalkers or JT?

The girls have been plying their wares on Beach Rd for years, why is it only a problem now?

Two things. More whores than ever and the city demographics have CHANGED. Have you noticed the changes? Sex tourists are great but they don't have the right to own the best real estate in town.

The girls have been plying their wares on Beach Rd for years, why is it only a problem now?

Two things. More whores than ever and the city demographics have CHANGED. Have you noticed the changes? Sex tourists are great but they don't have the right to own the best real estate in town.

Nobody owns it, that whats great about it. The only ones that think they own it are the chair Mafia.

No the sex trade takes it over to an extreme degree so that they totally dominate the scene there and make people not interested in their trade feel unwelcome, uncomfortable, or worse. Own was used in an abstract, not literal sense, of course.

Edited by Jingthing

... and the city demographics have CHANGED.

Have you noticed the changes?

No, what do you mean ?

More ugly old fat falangs than before ? Yes :(

Actually, no, that is not what I meant and that is not the reality. Fewer Europeans now relative to Chinese, Thais, Iranians, Indians, and of course Russians, etc.

Before dealing with the Thai whores on Beach Road, perhaps the East European hookers should be cleared away.

How do they work in their own designated bar on Walking Street? They don't have work permits, so should be deported............but obviously like everything in Thailand..........palms are greased! :annoyed:

Before dealing with the Thai whores on Beach Road, perhaps the East European hookers should be cleared away.

How do they work in their own designated bar on Walking Street? They don't have work permits, so should be deported............but obviously like everything in Thailand..........palms are greased! :annoyed:

Who are they bothering?

That's a Thai immigration and also a mafia matter. Beyond the scope of this topic.

My views are purely social libertarian. Do as you please as long as what you are doing doesn't spoil the quality of life for other people. So I hate when people smoke in restaurants because they are fouling up other people's enjoyment. Same difference for the street whores, it is a total occupation of that prime real estate spoiling it for anyone other than hookers and johns.

Edited by Jingthing

Who are they bothering?

That's a Thai immigration and also a mafia matter. Beyond the scope of this topic.

My views are purely social libertarian. Do as you please as long as what you are doing doesn't spoil the quality of life for other people. So I hate when people smoke in restaurants because they are fouling up other people's enjoyment. Same difference for the street whores, it is a total occupation of that prime real estate spoiling it for anyone other than hookers and johns.

In their bar -nobody.

But they, like their African counterparts are also sometimes seen soliciting on Beach Road

And as for prime real estate, I would imagine Walking Street itself matches the Beach Road. This place in itself is a major tourist attraction. And here we have a wide assortment of disreputables . Not just hookers walking around (girls, boys and ladyboys) and not just Thai's but East Europeans, Cambodians and Africans too. Plus the drug salesmen, touts (who can be very heavy handed - more so than the Indian tailors); beggars, and the farang Police volunteers can be rather intimidating at times. Plus it's not unusual to see a tit or two poking out from behind the curtains of a go-go bar or if you're lucky even more!

Pattaya is Pattaya. Everyone knows what it's all about. If it's not for you, then there are plenty of alternatives both here in Thailand and elsewhere.

I have no objection to Walking Street except it is a shame that so much of the water access was taken over by private businesses. This is about Pattaya beach road promenade. Let's focus please.

Also, please refrain from persuading me or anyone to move out of town. Where to live is a personal decision and not a public matter.

Edited by Jingthing

Pattaya is what it is, to argue otherwise is an exercise in futility.

Its a well oiled money making machine, with many either on the make or on the take, and will continue to be long after most of us are long gone.

Yes I have noticed the changes over the years, many of them for the better, but I dont suffer from Stuck In Pattaya Syndrome, if you dont like that part of town dont visit, same way I dont frequent soi 6.

As for best real estate in town, well thats a matter of opinion.

Regretting your decision to invest in Pattaya?

You wont be the first, its been selling dreams and broken promises for years, and every day a new bunch of fresh arrivals are bewitched and seduced and follow the well worn path of being parted from their money.