Should Street Prostitutes Be Cleared From Pattaya Beach Road?

Jingthing

Should street prostitutes be cleared from Pattaya beach road?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are stretching the truth and you know it.

You don't say.

pot-calling-the-kettle-black-thumb9416841.jpg

You got me there. It's impossible to argue with CLIP ART.

Anyway, I've made my points repeatedly. I acknowledge the votes HERE do not favor my point of view, for whatever that is worth. Perhaps this topic is played out for me as otherwise I will just be repeating things even more. So carry on if you think there is more to talk about on this topic. (In other words, for me it's time to quit this thread.)

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

:lol: If you want to see aggressive, try Jomtien Beach! :whistling:

If you really think walking down the beach side of Jomtien Beach Rd. is more of an aggressive experience than doing the same in Pattaya (any night of the week) well, I think that's just... crazy talk.

Oh yes it is - ladyboys are there in vast numbers and well let's say they do not just say hello/smile. :blink:

:lol: If you want to see aggressive, try Jomtien Beach! :whistling:

If you really think walking down the beach side of Jomtien Beach Rd. is more of an aggressive experience than doing the same in Pattaya (any night of the week) well, I think that's just... crazy talk.

Oh yes it is - ladyboys are there in vast numbers and well let's say they do not just say hello/smile. :blink:

Oh, come on Mr. Maverick. Vast numbers? I've ridden down Jomtien Beach Rd. most nights of the week for a few years, and there definitely are some ladyboys (I'd guess between 10 and 20 spread out, on any given night) calling out, posing and generally looking for business. But, even if you add in the female beach ladies , there's still no comparison: Every night I've been to Pattaya Beach, I've seen far more working girls (katoeys included) down the span of the beach, than in Jomtien; at least 3 times as many! If you love Pattaya and don't love Jomtien, that's fine. But, enough crazy comparisons, please.

Edited by Michaelaway

Anyways even the voluminous groups of aggressive ladyboys in Jomtien I do not mind because at the end of the day their right to be there as any other person.

Yes, we don't need any prudish crusades in Pattaya or Jontien.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Pattaya has always been an open cess pool, why change it?

Looks like the NIMBYs have moved in!

They should have to apply for planning permission if they want to build houses for NIMBYs.

FOBTYOBY!

TIMBY2!

RSOBAbs!

SC

footnote

Eff Off Back To Yer Own Back Yard!

This Is My Back Yard Too!

Random Sequences Of Baffling ABbreviations!

let's see which ones catch on... I suppose the first one should begin with an E...

For the sake of keeping down the post count, I'll add the other comment here too:

This thread about the pros and cons of street prostitution, it is about whether Pattaya Beach Road is the best place for it - not 'Best" as in Michelin's recommendations, but 'best' as in 'optimum'. Like a lot of these things though, its largely historical. Saville Row is not actually the optimum location for tailors in London any more, but the NIMBYs would be up in arms if you tried to transfer them lock stock and barrel to Edgeware Road or King's Cross or somewhere more convenient.

I know it might be a hassle having to go all the way down there to pick up tarts, JT, but I'm afraid you're stuck with it unless you prefer these new modern "entertainment centres".

Kindly, for the benefit of posters who have an interest in such things, try to avoid being abusive to people whose careers, tastes or pastimes may differ from yours, and try to be constructive and helpful rather than bigoted and judgemental

SC

The fact is beach ladies are a tourist attraction of their own and add personality to the worst real estate area in Pattaya. Beach/Water around it is putrid so at the end of the day the ladies are probably the only thing the beach promenade have going for it. (besides the trees)

For now, sure. Clean it up, light it, add some architectural features like a permanent stage, add in nightly musical and cultural events and you've got a gem. People who have been to Puerto Vallarta know what I am talking about. None of this would work if the place is still thick with aggressive whores. A peppering, no problem.

So are you saying that you would move to Puerto Valarta if you could pick up tarts there?

Or are you saying that business in Pattaya would be improved if the lighting was enhanced and there was background music for cruising to?

Personally, I like to think of the current lighting as positive discrimination to help those with low earning potential

I really resent posters who put in stuff that is completely irrelevant and meaningless to most of us* - "People who have been to Puerto Vallarta know what I am talking about" - Most of us have not. What on earth are you talking about?

SC

* That should score double points for Pots & Kettles!

The fact is beach ladies are a tourist attraction of their own and add personality to the worst real estate area in Pattaya. Beach/Water around it is putrid so at the end of the day the ladies are probably the only thing the beach promenade have going for it. (besides the trees)

For now, sure. Clean it up, light it, add some architectural features like a permanent stage, add in nightly musical and cultural events and you've got a gem. People who have been to Puerto Vallarta know what I am talking about. None of this would work if the place is still thick with aggressive whores. A peppering, no problem.

Food jokes aside how do you get a peppering? A whore nightly lottery? The lucky ones get to pepper the Falang on Beach road and the unlucky ones hang out in Jomtien?

I don't see the girls on Beach Road as being as much of a nuisance as the Indian Tailors that try and shake my hand

I wonder how many germs are passed everyday with their constant handshaking demands. At least the girls do not impede pedestrian traffic, Something that cannot be said for the illegal vendors that line the sidewalk on the town side of Beach Road

Two different animals.

The sidewalk side.

The beach promenade side.

I am talking about the beach promenade side.

The beach promenade is the jewel in the crown of ANY global beach resort. This isn't subtle. Pattaya's is thick with whores. It's just wrong to invite these families now and to tolerate that on the beach walk.

BTW, the argument LEAVE to every criticism about life in Pattaya or Thailand is the absolute LOWEST form of debate.

Then don't title your poll : Should Street Prostitutes Be Cleared From Pattaya Beach Road? it should be: Should Street Prostitutes Be Cleared From Pattaya Beach Promenade ?

• Like 1

your poll experiment has not gone the way you wanted it, accept it the majority have it, its as democratic as any other poll. if you dont think your going to like the answer, dont ask the question. so apart from walking along the beach road and posting over 20,000 posts what else do you do. YAWN.

start and tell the Thai ladies you object to them, after all you are not a guest. let them know what you think. i dont like walking around boyz town so i don't. but if others want to up to them. go down the other end of the beach road.

• Like 1

Pattaya has always been an open cess pool, why change it?

Looks like the NIMBYs have moved in!

did your gf tell you to type that :whistling:

Must have. He's only been there once and doesn't do Thai girls who do white guys.:D ...except his girl that is.

so apart from walking along the beach road and posting over 20,000 posts what else do you do. YAWN.

Jingthing beat me to 20,000 posts? Now I am angry! smiley-shocked001.gif

as this is probably the biggest achievement this thread brought us, I think it is time to move on to some other topics. B)

• Like 1