Pai Hotel

Nakrob

We are going to be in Pai for about 3-4 nights after Loy Kratong this year. In researching hotels we've identified the following which all appear to be reasonably up market places but its hard to distinguish one from the other from their websites.

Location is not really a concern, but cleanliness, friendliness of staff and overall ambience are important. Any comments on the following appreciated, or any alternative suggestions:

Hotel des Artists

Pai River Corner

Paivimaan

Rim Pai Village

Indiana Cottage

Piranha Fishing Park is a really cool place. 3 large bungalows surrounding 2 very beautiful fish ponds.

The bungalows are very nice, TV +DVD + personal bathroom

The grounds and ponds are gorgeous and you can sit back and fish from the balcony. There is also a small bar that is always open with beer/ drinks stocked in the fridge.

http://paipiranhafis...k.blogspot.com/

A little different and a 10 minute drive outside of town BUT very peaceful, very beautiful, relaxing and the fishing is fun (very user friendly, the owner will help any one out that is new to fishing).

For ambience, I dont think you can really beat it at night -- the ponds have immaculate landscaping, a beautiful lit bridge and very nice lights surrounding the grounds

Very reasonable price as well

Edited by Citizen313619

We stayed at Rimping Cottages ,in town but very private, as its on a large slice of land with a spacious garden that runs down to the river. The breakfast balcony also has nice views of the river. Staff were super friendly. We couldnt have asked for more and will be back there next trip. Web site worth looking at.Several different types of accom with a tree house that wa s unforuantly booked out when we were there.

I believe the most upmarket hotel is "The Quarter". I stayed there about a year ago and i was quite comfortable.

This is true, it is without doubt the most upmarket hotel in Pai..but its not cheap although they will haggle till high season.

I did not like the beds though...way to soft for me :(

We have stayed at the Quarter a couple of times, however the last time my daughter and I swam in the pool there, and though we did not smell or notice any high smells of chemicals, she started screaming about the pain in her eyes as soon as we got in the showers. I personally could not see without crying and blurred vision for at least 12 hours. My daughter is 3, and I was very concerned we had done permamnent damage. it appeared we were the only guests there at the time, and when I told the staff they should close the pool no one was interested.

The lesson here is not that this is a bad hotel, its just when you are in the back of beyond, do not expect things like pools, and if they are there, use caution!

:lol::lol::lol:

I have to laugh. OP sets out the names of five identified alternatives that look good. I'm watching, because I'm headed that way - sooner.

And all the ideas, helpful as can be, introduce new and different places. This isn't Thailand, it is Thai Visa. Not bad, but different.:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

I have to laugh. OP sets out the names of five identified alternatives that look good. I'm watching, because I'm headed that way - sooner.

And all the ideas, helpful as can be, introduce new and different places. This isn't Thailand, it is Thai Visa. Not bad, but different.:rolleyes:

From what I know of Pai, the OP asks about hotels and lists mainly guest houses?

Of course guest houses in the country are different from many city places. Most are relaxed and quiet, not a few refined, getting into the sense of a resort. I'm not fussy about terms if the contributors happen to arrive at some consensus. My last visit was '97, when Pae was on some other planet.

Just to add another contender. How about Phu Pai Art Resort? Location better than the name, out beyond the airstrip, fantastic views of the valley and hills. If you want peace and quiet and you have your own transport it certainly did us proud recently. Try and snaffle one of the honeymoon cottages for the best location. Great infinity pool and staff very friendly and eager to please.

Edited by folium