If You Are Listening To Music Now..

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided to wait until this thread hit 60,000 views :o:D before joining in...

My favorite by Steve Vai, For The Love of God

It even rates a quote from wikipedia:

"For The Love Of God" is an instrumental guitar piece by Steve Vai. Released as the flagship seventh song on Vai's 1990 album Passion and Warfare, it is often cited as Vai's greatest composition. The piece, which runs for six minutes, features legatos, tremolos, harmonics, volume swells and other techniques.

Vai, always one to explore new techniques for gaining spiritual balance, is also well known for the emphasis in preparation. As he has said in many interviews, Vai fasted and meditated for 10 straight days in preparation for recording this song, which was recorded on the fourth day of the fast.

and a very powerfully imaged video of it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...amp;q=steve+vai

Edited by sriracha john

William Shatner - Has Been

:D

Lenny Kravitz from The Best of Unplugged vol2, a smooth delta bluesy slide guitar version of

"are you gonna go my way"

and as the forum seems unresponsive..... now Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dirty Pool.. one of my all time favorite slow blues tracks.

"i knew you were playing, Dirty Pool.... " Argh... so good! :D:o

(livei n Montreaux 1982)

Edited by kayo

This is a thread i read somehwhere else and not TV. But it makes for interesting reading.ie to see what music people are into. I've been downloading some old music i havent heard for ages(years) So whats playing now? Hue and Cry, Labour of Love. Whats playing where you are? :o
Gary glitter,. please dont let me be misundertood ! Edited by mikethevigoman

Monday mornig, 9.30am day off work (shift worker alas) and hung over from last night... been up 2 hours not smiled once til my house mate put on Michael McDonalds Sweet Freedom... First time I heard it was on a YouTube clip (search 'Thailand Vacation' its 03:14 long) I stumbled across.

Now every hair on my body is standing on end and I'm smiling from ear to ear... Song sums up the place completely