Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For biggish difference in sound, and perhaps change in performance.

Simply take off the seat, you'll see the induction funnel for the airfilter and above this the access cover to the airfilter, held in with two screws.

Undo the screws and remove.

Big difference in sound, and others who've done it have reported a gain in performance once the ECU has adjusted the fuel map.

Just going out for a short ride now so will see, but the sound is quite different at idle and low rpm, definitely way more meat to it.

Just to reconfirm, it's only the access cover you're removing, not the airfilter itself.

Idea taken from 'inbits' on the cbr250.net forum.

thank´s a lot fot that one mate,

i`ve left the forum to try it as soon as i read it. man - it´s great - sounds even better without the saddle on though :ermm:. i didn´t get a chance to ride but that´s quite an improvement soundwise already.

my first mod :-)

many more to come...

i´ve met a thai guy on a new cbr 150 today. he says, it does 150km/h without mods....

And a 150 looks sooo skinny!

Ive hit 142 on the flat before slowing down for traffic but it didnt seem to want to tick past that, mind you it was a pretty breezy day. the stock sprockets are 15/43 with the rear tyre 130/70-17 so its about correct, im 75kg if i was a bit lighter it might be possible to hit 150km/h without mods

I've hit 135 on the flats with no problem, and throttle left.

Yes, the 150 does look "skinny" next to the 250, mainly due to the tires as the bodies/frames are pretty much the same size. What REALLY looks "skinny" is the old 150 next to the new one.

:lol:

i´ve met a thai guy on a new cbr 150 today. he says, it does 150km/h without mods....

Ive hit 142 on the flat before slowing down for traffic but it didnt seem to want to tick past that, mind you it was a pretty breezy day. the stock sprockets are 15/43 with the rear tyre 130/70-17 so its about correct, im 75kg if i was a bit lighter it might be possible to hit 150km/h without mods

15/43 huh? the old cbr was 15/44. Wonder if the old sprocket fits.

15/43 huh? the old cbr was 15/44. Wonder if the old sprocket fits.

Yeh ive been wondering the same thing im thinking about a change to a 14/43 or a 15/45

Side Cases? I think the motorcycle would look better with them than with just the top box on...

The Shad site www.shad.es says the SH43 side cases are 28cm (+brackets)

That's a lot of width to sqeeze through traffic....

But for a tour... great I am sure.

But then... the more space you have the more you carry.

Top box + big tank bag gives you around 80ltrs ;-)

Thanks for your input Tiffer. Went out to Bira on Sunday and took the little one up to 90 klicks on a couple of short straights (not the track). It's so nice to have some power! And now it's goodbye Airblade.

Shad Boxes (mounting bracket included) are now Available at Sumet with a special promotional price until the end of August. They have ones for the PCX as well. Shipping is available. The prices on the left are the regular prices and the ones on the right are the promotional prices. The prices for the back rest pads are at the bottom. Thanks.

Brian

Brian... How much just for the rack mount for the Cbr250r?

Ps that Blue bike looks nice..should have had the Honda wing logo though biggrin.gif

The rack by itself is 2,200.

I actually put some nice white Honda wing logos on today. It is still a work in progress. The wife likes it so much that she is thinking of learning to ride and keeping it for herself.

Hi thanks for all the CBR related info.

I was wondering if the fitting of the rack involves any cutting or drilling of the bodywork or is it straight bolt on job?

Shad Boxes (mounting bracket included) are now Available at Sumet with a special promotional price until the end of August. They have ones for the PCX as well. Shipping is available. The prices on the left are the regular prices and the ones on the right are the promotional prices. The prices for the back rest pads are at the bottom. Thanks.

Brian

Hi there, I've become a CBR250r owner and need a top box! Will the SH45 hold 2 fullface helmets? And, judging by the pix, it is only painted (coloured?) down the top middle.

PS: The red panel at the back is a reflector....or taillamp?

I'm pretty sure you could get two full face helmets in the SH45. I will double check and confirm later. On the SH45, you have a choice of colors for the top panel. The red panel on the back is actually a reflector. Thanks.

Brian

Brian

Brian... How much just for the rack mount for the Cbr250r?

Ps that Blue bike looks nice..should have had the Honda wing logo though biggrin.gif

The rack by itself is 2,200.

I actually put some nice white Honda wing logos on today. It is still a work in progress. The wife likes it so much that she is thinking of learning to ride and keeping it for herself.

Hi thanks for all the CBR related info.

I was wondering if the fitting of the rack involves any cutting or drilling of the bodywork or is it straight bolt on job?

You only have to cut a small amount of the plastic cover just below the stock grab bar. After this is done, the bracket bolts right on. The Installation is very easy. Thanks.

Brian

The Honda dealer in U-Thong, between Kanchanaburi and Supanburi has the 250 ABS model for an eye watering 170k bht. They let on that they have yet to sell a single one.

Well you know not to buy one thenph34r.gif

btw, I put the airfilter access cover back on after a day or two, the sound was great but felt it was running too lean. Seems nicer and a bit quicker with it back on, just a lot less audible grunt.

Don't you mean "less slow"? ;)

btw, I put the airfilter access cover back on after a day or two, the sound was great but felt it was running too lean. Seems nicer and a bit quicker with it back on, just a lot less audible grunt.

I removed mine as well. It also seemed to be running lean on the first day. However, on the second day it seemed to improve and provided better acceleration. Could removing the cover perhaps work better in conjuntion with an after market exhaust? Now I'm torn on wheather to put it back on or not. What do you guys think?

If you want silence the red/green debate here is what u want................I wonder if they are actually made in Thailand??

320_00002106_2325.jpg

Special Price $12990

Normal Price $15000

$AUD inc GST - Ride away no more to pay!

Overview

Honda is setting the racing benchmark once again with the introduction of a Moriwaki built 250 GP race bike.The �GP-Mono" (MD250H) is designed to offer young competitors another step up in the progression ladder as they vie for senior's level glory in professional racing. *FREE FREIGHT, AUSTRALIA Wide

Powered by a 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, electric start, single cylinder engine, Moriwaki have custom built the race-ready twin tube chassis, and included such high tech features as inverted telescopic front forks, Pro-Link rear suspension and hydraulic disc brakes all of which are derived directly from Honda's RS125 grand prix bike. It is intended that the bike will be available for competition in the 125GP class in Australia from 2008. Much like our introduction of the CBR150R, this new competition machine will open all kinds of doors for junior racers," said Honda Australia's General Manager, Motorcycles Tony Hinton. Honda Australia's Moriwaki designed 250ccGP race bike - the "GP Mono" (MD250H) will be eligible to race in the GP125cc class this year, according to rule changes approved by Motorcycling Australia (MA). Powered by a 4-stroke, liquid-cooled,electric start, single cylinder engine, the GP-Mono is designed for those who are looking for a way to make the step from junior to senior level racing.

Edited by visions