Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

ordered dan moto jisu black and baffle yesterday. 143 USD - 4500 thb - including shipping. less then one third of a well known brand.

Looked and checked a lot of bike shop in Bangkok and the best deal i found was a yoshumiura for 12,500 thb which will be a little excess for cbr 250 right now.

And, i am tired of looking and calling.

I hope if it will pass Thai Customs without any complications as i ordered it in the name of my Thai colleague.

Let' see how will it be like? Still, i am excited to receive and install it right away. One week of waiting.

i Will post the photos and review once i install it.

Have a nice weekend with your bikes guys.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ordered dan moto jisu black and baffle yesterday. 143 USD - 4500 thb - including shipping. less then one third of a well known brand.

Looked and checked a lot of bike shop in Bangkok and the best deal i found was a yoshumiura for 12,500 thb which will be a little excess for cbr 250 right now.

And, i am tired of looking and calling.

I hope if it will pass Thai Customs without any complications as i ordered it in the name of my Thai colleague.

Let' see how will it be like? Still, i am excited to receive and install it right away. One week of waiting.

i Will post the photos and review once i install it.

Have a nice weekend with your bikes guys.

i am not familiar with that brand but i took a chance and bought a cheap one from tsugiki racing and it sounds great

around 4900 and a couple of hundred thb to have it fitted ,its plenty loud enough with the baffle in :D

Nice one LL, looking forward to the review. I personally don't like or want a LOUD pipe. Or one that kills the torque or low/mid end.

btw, I put on my Pirelli Sport Demon's (stock size) from Sumet on the 18,000km service.

28,000km on the bike now and they're still all good.

Might change the rear at the 30,000km service, and looks like the front will last until perhaps the 36,000km service.

12k and 18k km respectively, which is quite good. Might change both at 12k km depending on how fast the rainy season comes.

Edited by strollling

by the way, bought black wind shield and tire rim stripes from honda couple of days ago.

Looks nice man. There are many on the market but I like honda s slim rim stripes personally

For only 850 thb. Waiting for pipe now and will buy bikers foot pegs soon to finalise.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

post-114750-133197646338_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133197649264_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133197651481_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133197653592_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133197655423_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133197659798_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer

If that DBS is actually good (and gains performance rather than robbing torque) then there's some good mods out there for the CBR250 now.

DBS full system. 7,000b.

DNA Airfilter 2,400b.

Bazzaz z-fi 10,000b or Dynojet DFC at about 6000b.

Add pirelli tyres for less than 6000b a Puig or DB screen for 3000b and you'd have a very nice and nippy little bike for the city, and a nice and light twistie thriller ( :D ) for less than 130k inc. the bike. :)

Outstanding value.

If that DBS is actually good (and gains performance rather than robbing torque) then there's some good mods out there for the CBR250 now.

DBS full system. 7,000b.

DNA Airfilter 2,400b.

Bazzaz z-fi 10,000b or Dynojet DFC at about 6000b.

Add pirelli tyres for less than 6000b a Puig or DB screen for 3000b and you'd have a very nice and nippy little bike for the city, and a nice and light twistie thriller ( ) for less than 130k inc. the bike.

Outstanding value.

Got most of the bikers stuff, handsets, front suspespion adjusters, shock balancer, rear foot pegs, cosmetics etc. Around 12,000 thb. But good stuff man, still shiny after hard use.

Led signals.

Nice small low mirrors

Got dna air filter already installed.

Jisu black exhaust is here in a week from 'dan moto'

Front of the bike is 7 cm down.

Honda screen is ok for 500 thb. Puig is expensive.

Also,

1. a nice set of braided brake cable ( by the way anyone know any place to buy a good set in bangkok? Not the cheapo ones.)

2. bikers foot peg,

3. better lights,

4. possibly a nice clip on set from tyga or bikers

5. good tires from pirelli etc,

6. and a new rear shock from yss and front suspension modification

7. Quick shot throttle for sure.

8. And of course a new bazzaz or dynojet with quick shifter if possible.

But no fender eliminator - people curse on you on a rainy day and you get dirty- or rear seat cover or anything that will majorly change the style of the bike. Besides, i dont want to touch inside the engine at this point.

Thy will be done. Maybe more.    Any more suggestions?

So according to my calculations, the total i spend for cbr 250 will be around 125,000 thb with the items in the list incuding the bike itself!

with all these mods, performance of the bike will be up around 20 percent and will be 4-5 percent lighter. Will have good brake response and track class handling.

I think 125,000 thb is a very good deal for all these mentioned including hours of labour! It is around 40 different part man. (i bought the bike second hand for 88,000 thb)

But most urgently, I need a new ecu.

Strolling, where did you find bazzaz or dyno jet in thailand?

Thanks.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by loserlazer

• 2 weeks later...

guys, just spoken with API TECH regarding their current ecus and possible prospects of a new model ecu and they told me that the two model in their website is not working properly - yeah we are aware of it.

But they have just received a standalone unit from abroad - i do not understand abroad where or possibly my staff translated it to me wrong - for 4500 thb including the installation.

They say, this one is working proper but less adjustment? - they stated that it is standalone specifically according to my staff.

I will try to visit their place this weekend.

Who knows, maybe they managed to fix one to cbr 250 working properly at the end.

anyone has any knowledge about it?

thanks.

guys, just spoken with API TECH regarding their current ecus and possible prospects of a new model ecu and they told me that the two model in their website is not working properly - yeah we are aware of it.

But they have just received a standalone unit from abroad - i do not understand abroad where or possibly my staff translated it to me wrong - for 4500 thb including the installation.

They say, this one is working proper but less adjustment? - they stated that it is standalone specifically according to my staff.

Who knows, maybe they managed to fix one to cbr 250 working properly at the end.

thanks.

The "Unlimited" system is stilled being used by most of the teams in the thai moto3 races, i know they're not easy to tune but haven't heard any other problems.

Edited by newf

thanks.

The standalone system is stilled being used by most of the teams in the thai moto3 races, i know they're not easy to tune but haven't heard any other problems.

thanks newf. I really appreciate all your comments and xp.

the only after market ecus i use before was plug and play units as i do not have time to deal with my bike most of the time other than riding it so any ideas on how to tune it efficiently? Is it easy like sitting in front of the computer to generate some maps?

Or, is it coming with some custom maps at least?

Also keep in mind that, regarding my very recent emailing between dynojet, even the most respected and well known company like them cancelled the sale of their unit - pc5 - for cbr 250 due to a stubborn O2 sensor blah blah blah and they cannot release one until 6 months.

So, how possible for API Tech to be more advanced and release a proper working ecu unit even a multi million dollar company like dynojet - i am sure their r&d budget is more than overall capital of API Tech - cannot produce one for cbr 250 now?

This is what makes me think man to be frank.

Any ideas about it people?

Edited by loserlazer

thanks.

The standalone system is stilled being used by most of the teams in the thai moto3 races, i know they're not easy to tune but haven't heard any other problems.

thanks newf. I really appreciate all your comments and xp.

the only after market ecus i use before was plug and play units as i do not have time to deal with my bike most of the time other than riding it so any ideas on how to tune it efficiently? Is it easy like sitting in front of the computer to generate some maps?

Or, is it coming with some custom maps at least?

Also keep in mind that, regarding my very recent emailing between dynojet, even the most respected and well known company like them cancelled the sale of their unit - pc5 - for cbr 250 due to a stubborn O2 sensor blah blah blah and they cannot release one until 6 months.

So, how possible for API Tech to be more advanced and release a proper working ecu unit even a multi million dollar company like dynojet - i am sure their r&d budget is more than overall capital of API Tech - cannot produce one for cbr 250 now?

This is what makes me think man to be frank.

Any ideas about it people?

Don't dismiss API just because they are smaller. There's some serious talent in that company and they've come out with some trick stuff for other bikes and cars well before the BIG companies. BUT, if you're looking for simple plug and play and go, then you should probably wait a while yet, as I don't believe API has many maps available for the CB'r'250 and most of the map you will need will depend on the modifications you've made to your bike. You should budget some time and money to have your bike tuned on a dyno, otherwise you're really not going to realize much benefit from a fuel injection controller or aftermarket ecu.

BigbikeBKK, thanks for your comment man.

What you said is what i know and think as well. If it is not a plug and play unit, you need to dyno tune the ecu to use it efficiently especially for track use.

I am really looking for a plug and play unit as i have money but really have no time to get the bike tuned. Besides, this tune i am sure mostly for track use - top end - and i use my bike on the streets which means low and mid torque use. Is it possible to tune it according to the street use?

Still, i would like to go their shop this weekend and talk with them about their ecu and if possible give it a try. It is just 4500 thb anyway.

And, do not get me wrong, i am not looking down on API TECH. Actually, i respect them as the only reliable ecu manufacturer in Thailand. But, reality is reality as well which i never escape.

And, you mentioned before about a Dyno test facility in Bangkok for 600 thb, do you know the address? I would like to go for it this Saturday after installing my new pipe and maybe API Tech ecu just for fun man and see if there are any improvements.

Your experience is appreciated really.

I would like to see 3 things before deciding if an ECU is worth it. First, what is the baseline performance of the bike after your mods. Second, what if any difference does it make if you reset the stock ECU and let it try make sense of the mods. Third what are the actual horsepower and torque gains from the aftermarket ECU over the stock one after it has been reset. I also wonder if it is possible to remap the stock ECU since Honda is supposedly offering to remap 2011 250 cbr's with a new map developed for 2012. This may mean they are replacing the ECU's or it may mean they can be remapped.

HRC Honda Racing are releasing a racing version of the CBR250R in April. Can't find anything in english so had to run it through google translate so not sure if you can buy a whole bike or they do a make over on a standard bike.

http://www.honda.co....achine/cbr250r/

"CBR250R sports car base is a vehicle has been provided to the HRC service shops from HRC on the assumption that it had completed over complete car service shops in the HRC. Specifications of the vehicle price varies depending on the service shop..... Please ask for specifications and price to the HRC service shops."

post-70604-0-89351800-1332928094_thumb.j

I would like to see 3 things before deciding if an ECU is worth it. First, what is the baseline performance of the bike after your mods. Second, what if any difference does it make if you reset the stock ECU and let it try make sense of the mods. Third what are the actual horsepower and torque gains from the aftermarket ECU over the stock one after it has been reset. I also wonder if it is possible to remap the stock ECU since Honda is supposedly offering to remap 2011 250 cbr's with a new map developed for 2012. This may mean they are replacing the ECU's or it may mean they can be remapped.

I am really septic for learning ecu theory. This is not a cyborg or computer man and even for a computer or software it is hard to learn as you need lots of programming.

I am sure, there is no need for an ecu reset and it can adjust itself - not learn - for mods.

Before, you were flashing the original ecu and installing new maps but nowadays things changed and now hard to access the stock ecus.

TunerX is a company in Taiwan that makes pretty decent quality aftermarket mirrors- here are some for the CB'r' 250 wink.png

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35b74e2df5

image003.gif

Ride On!

Tony smile.png

Looks like the kind of mirrors who will show more about your arms than the traffic coming from behind. Useless.

i have this problem on most bikes ,i think they are designed for smaler asian riders ..........but i can move my neck like an owl thesedays ;)

Richard was on the thread a long time ago saying that pretty soon you could take your CBR250R into selected Honda dealerships and have them put new fuel maps onto your bike for a few hundred baht. :rolleyes:

No news of this great imaginary service since I take it.

Richard was on the thread a long time ago saying that pretty soon you could take your CBR250R into selected Honda dealerships and have them put new fuel maps onto your bike for a few hundred baht. rolleyes.gif

No news of this great imaginary service since I take it.

Maybe he meant a map that showed were all the fuel stations are in thailand. whistling.gif

What you said is what i know and think as well. If it is not a plug and play unit, you need to dyno tune the ecu to use it efficiently especially for track use.

I am really looking for a plug and play unit as i have money but really have no time to get the bike tuned. Besides, this tune i am sure mostly for track use - top end - and i use my bike on the streets which means low and mid torque use. Is it possible to tune it according to the street use?

Still, i would like to go their shop this weekend and talk with them about their ecu and if possible give it a try. It is just 4500 thb anyway.

And, do not get me wrong, i am not looking down on API TECH. Actually, i respect them as the only reliable ecu manufacturer in Thailand. But, reality is reality as well which i never escape.

And, you mentioned before about a Dyno test facility in Bangkok for 600 thb, do you know the address? I would like to go for it this Saturday after installing my new pipe and maybe API Tech ecu just for fun man and see if there are any improvements.

As long as you have all your mods done before you get the API Tech ECU, they will Tune it for you. They also have a dyno room, I went there just after the flood and they had a concrete wall in the entrance so i couldn't get my bike inside. I think the dyno is mostly for tuning scooters but you might be able to get them to use it and tune your bike.

As long as you have all your mods done before you get the API Tech ECU, they will Tune it for you. They also have a dyno room, I went there just after the flood and they had a concrete wall in the entrance so i couldn't get my bike inside. I think the dyno is mostly for tuning scooters but you might be able to get them to use it and tune your bike.

hey newf.

Thanks for the info. I will go there this Saturday after the installation of my new pipe and i have installed the DNA air filter already.

If they can tune it for me there especially on their dyno, it will be super man! for lows and mids if possible.

It will also give me a chance to see the performance increases or in other words if the mods i am doing worth the hassle and money i spent. But, even it is not, i like playing with my bike anyway.

Let; see what will i get. I will inform you guys here.

thanks.

Just to report that I'm just off hitting 30,000km and the stock chain and sprockets are still all good! smile.png

cool to hear that but frequency of changing chain and sprockets mostly depends on riding style so if you are driving like 60 km per hour all the time with less brake and hard throttle, they might go for another 30,000 km.

I wonder if Honda is going to make the cbr 400 a one cylinder bike?

The bore and stroke of the 250 is 76mm (bore) x 55mm (stroke)...to equal 400 cc it would require a 96mm piston, bigger flywheel, valves, exhaust work, TB & intake, possibly a heavier crank. If they adjust the balancer weight they may be able to get away with it.

One cylinder 400cc+ bikes exist, so dont see why they wouldnt do it again. If they make it the same price as the Ninja 250 which is very possible - im on board. I also think it would be the perfect bike for LOS and a long time keeper.

But if it only does a measely 160 kph count me out, 180 kph unstrained would be nice, and a one cylinder bike is heaps cheaper to modify than a twin cylinder.

Back in the '82 when I used to put Hondas together from a crate, a mechanic there bought a 500cc street thumper FT500 Ascot; same year I bought my XZ550RJ Yamaha. He liked it a lot.

post-102528-0-95059700-1333320091_thumb.