Bangkok By Bus

santamed

Would like to get the A/C bus from Hua Hin to Bangkok and either return the same day or stay overnight. I see the bus arrives and departs from the Southern bus station but looking at the BK map it looks to be miles from anywhere. To get from the main shopping area I am looking at sky train to river, express boat to the train station by the royal barges and taxi from there. Any better ideas? I guess a taxi from/to the centre would be expensive and very slow returning in the evening traffic.

Yes, that is the problem with the air con bus between Hua Hin and Bangkok; as you said the Southern Bus Terminal is miles from anywhere. That's why I started taking the vans before I started driving it myself. The vans drop off and pick up at Victory Monument which is much more convenient for the BTS or a short taxi ride to most of the places of interest. The vans are faster and about the same price, but they are not for the feint of heart as some drivers are pretty gutsy.

The blue and whte bus has 3 -4 services a day running to Chata Chuk, a 10 minute walk from there you can get either the BTS or MRT...minivans go to Victory Monument, a far better choice as you are directly on the BTS from there.

The blue and whte bus has 3 -4 services a day running to Chata Chuk, a 10 minute walk from there you can get either the BTS or MRT...minivans go to Victory Monument, a far better choice as you are directly on the BTS from there.

That used to be possible when 3 or 4 buses daily went a different route ending at Mo Chit (which is near Chatuchak) but when I asked last week I was told all now go only to Southern Bus Terminal.

For Mo Chit you would have to use a minivan which are usually driven at breakneck speeds by kamikaze drivers.

Definitely not recommended for those of a nervous disposition or with hypertension..........

There is a 33 Baht air-con public bus (no.556) from the Bus Terminal to the Airport which goes via Victory Monument but it is slow and not too frequent. Taxi was over 200 Baht + for the 20+ km trip into BKK.

Edited by tricolor

I really like those vans.I've used them at mochit skytrain station.They don't seem to be advertised very well.Can these vans be gotten at all the skytrain stops or just A select few?

thrilled, Can be gotten at just A select few........aka Vic Mon........ if you need some thrills :cheesy: