Bars Disco's With Double Pricing

MattFS218

I was wondering if we could compile a list of bars in Pattaya where locals are charged less than foreigners...just so I can avoid those establishments.

I was at one of the pubs on Pattaya 3rd road and was charged 150 baht each for 3 Small Tiger Beers..what a rip off.

I know Lucifers on Walking Street charges almost double for foreigners or locals with a foreigner.

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding this price gouging?

Matt

Anywhere in walking st basically, the 3rd rd places are for thais (or cheap charlie farangs) :D

If my g/f wants to go to a pub or cafe on 3rd do I have to let her go alone or be considered a cheap charlie

how about your place? do you have duel pricing aswell?

Not at all, prices have'nt changed in there for a couple of years. :o

I just ask the price before I buy :D:D

Kor tort Krup.....neung bier ......wait a minute...hold it....jimmi....wan natti....right Torai Krup........?

55 bt -Ok.....75 Bt.....erm ..OK........roy....sam......pop gam mai Krup. :o

I think the initial question was "what places charge you higher pricing" for being farang and not just the disco places. Granted ALL of the discos are going to be higher farnag or not.

Edited by Kringle

I think the initial question was "what places charge you higher pricing" for being farang and not just the disco places. Granted ALL of the discos are going to be higher farnag or not.

I agree. So, as for the question, i'm not sure they do have higher pricing for farang. The places most farangs go, Thais don't, as usually they can't afford it. When i really think hard, i honestly can't think of a bar that i go to that had Thai's drinking in there (except when a lady was accompanied by Farang)

:o

Mr BoJ

Don't know what the big deal here is. Where I live in the states, if you go to a cheap disco, it is about 5 USD for a beer w/tip, and no live music.

At Lucifer's, my disco of choice, three USD w/tip, for an ice cold Heineken. Not really something to get upset or start a boycott over.

Last time I was in Lucifer's, Songkran, they did have a happy hour as well. If I remember correctly, Heineken's were only 80b for the first hour or so, 10pm.

Where else can you see some of the hottest babes in Pattaya and hear some of the best live music, Dave's place being the other great music venue, in town.

Enjoy yourself, have fun. Save your energy to boycott worthwhile causes like animal skin coats, not three dollar beers in great discos.

Don't know what the big deal here is. Where I live in the states, if you go to a cheap disco, it is about 5 USD for a beer w/tip, and no live music.

At Lucifer's, my disco of choice, three USD w/tip, for an ice cold Heineken. Not really something to get upset or start a boycott over.

Last time I was in Lucifer's, Songkran, they did have a happy hour as well. If I remember correctly, Heineken's were only 80b for the first hour or so, 10pm.

Where else can you see some of the hottest babes in Pattaya and hear some of the best live music, Dave's place being the other great music venue, in town.

Enjoy yourself, have fun. Save your energy to boycott worthwhile causes like animal skin coats, not three dollar beers in great discos.

:o:D

I'll ditto you on that one Spike

Mr BoJ

Ahem - you're not in the states now, boy. What is the point of comparing prices with places on the other side of the globe?

Ahem - you're not in the states now, boy. What is the point of comparing prices with places on the other side of the globe?

[/quot

Ahem, I guess you missed the point. Prices and comparative values are a piece of the Thailand experience, sorry if this has not been brought to your attention before.

Beers in this disco are a very good value, especially when you consider all that is offered. But if it's too expensive for you, find another venue to party in.

Boycott a great disco because the beers are 3 bucks. Good for you. Enjoy your life Roy, I mean boy and don't forget to pay 5 baht for that bus ride.

^^^

The point is not the price of the beer, but the disparity/discrimination in the dual pricing.

It’s not the amount it is the principle – there are actually a few people who live/travel in Thailand that still have principles. :o

QUOTE(davethailand @ 2005-08-04 17:58:08)

Anywhere in walking st basically, the 3rd rd places are for thais (or cheap charlie farangs)

I notice you didn't make an exception to the point for your place ! :o

Not at all, prices have'nt changed in there for a couple of years. :D

Aha ! Been charging higher prices for a couple of years now eh ! :D

I rarely go to Lucifers or Tony's due to their prices. I don't recall The Blues Factory being overly expensive (compared to any other place).

I usually drink whiskey, so I don't pay too much attention to beer prices. If I'm going to be in one spot for awhile, I'll usually buy by the bottle (Mekong if I'm feeling cheap and generous, Jack D if I'm feeling rich and stingy !)

Ahem, I guess you missed the point. Prices and comparative values are a piece of the Thailand experience, sorry if this has not been brought to your attention before.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention - in all the years I have lived and worked here, I never considered prices part of the Thailand experience. I always appreciated Thailand for its cool people, facinating history, beautiful scenery, unique culture, etc (although I can understand that in Pattaya you have missed these aspects of the country). But I have completely missed out on the excitement of comparing Thai and US beer prices. It just seemed so utterly pointless....... :D and it still does......

And what are these comparative values you are referring to - you are not suddenly becoming all kind of philosophical, are you, by any chance? :D

Beers in this disco are a  very good value, especially when you consider all that is offered. But if it's too expensive for you, find another venue to party in.

Enlighten me - what is being offered in Lucifers - apart from slappers with attitude? :D I mean, the beer is obviously cheap, but does it have anything worthwhile to offer?

Boycott a great disco because the beers are 3 bucks. Good for you.

I tend to drink where I like, regardless of prices. Pattaya discos I boycott because of the scum they attract. But if I ever change my mind and desire to keep the company of big spenders like yourself, at least I will know where to go. :D

For now I just think there are far better and classier places to spend an evening.

Perhaps when you have lived (here) a little longer you will understand. Perhaps.... :o

Back home, how would you feel if you found the guy sitting next to you only paid $3 for his beer, when you paid $5????

That is the point of this thread.

As for Lucifer's...isn't it mostly populated by demi-mondaines posing as "good girls" and Bangkok girls getting a whiff of sleazy Pattaya without getting too much exposed to it? Sorry, but I don't have to pay their prices to show off that I am cool.

Blues Factory at least delivers great music, too bad that Morten is gone!

Coming back to the original topic, I boycott anything that charges me one Satang more than anybody else. Baht buses get 5 Baht for the trip and so on!

National Parks: Once they insisted on the 200 Baht, so I refused to enter the park altogether, even for the U-Turn around that booth. Instead, they had to get the cars behind me whisked away for that I could back up.

If dont like it dont pay for it! Course could get teerak to go to the bar and buy a drink for you. :D

Yeah right ! You'd end up paying even more !

By the time she added the money she owed her "sister", and her gambling debts, and arranged a kick-back, the price would be huge. :D

Not to mention that by the time she made all those arrangements, she will have either finished off your drink herself, or it will be p*ss warm when she hands it to you (it's a part of the plan. As you are choking on your warm drink, she slips the bin into the cup like a master magician). :D

Better off to buy your Chang or Leo from the wholesaler (19 baht/bottle ?), and if you want to be social, invite friends over.

Or be like me, buy a bottle of Mekong, lock the door and drink alone, in the dark, with only those strange voices in your head to keep you company, like the ones I'm hearing now........ :o

Anywhere in walking st basically, the 3rd rd places are for thais (or cheap charlie farangs) :o

If my g/f wants to go to a pub or cafe on 3rd do I have to let her go alone or be considered a cheap charlie

i always avoid falang bars , as the ladies are spoilt and dont want to work as there on twice as much money as there counter parts working in thai bars , and also the falang charges the same price as the U K

Anywhere in walking st basically, the 3rd rd places are for thais (or cheap charlie farangs) :D

i always avoid falang bars , as the ladies are spoilt and dont want to work as there on twice as much money as there counter parts working in thai bars , and also the falang charges the same price as the U K

Yet another stupid reply :o

There are two bars in the area of soi7 and soi8

Eagle bar soi7 45 bht a Heineken 24hour service. Always busy and plenty of falangs to meet and talk to.

We are the World bar has live music all night and that many customers it is hard to

get a seat if you arrive late. And this every night of the week high or low season. The live music starts at about 7:30ish and continues until closing time. This bar is located on the corner of beach road and sio 8. Great atmosphere, plenty of women, no attitude, no problems and new friends.

Any Falang bar cannot for some reason compete with this price. I have seen on

this thread reports about the blues Factory and although I will say it is Fantastic with variety of different bands-live music, with Heineken at 110 bht it does make for an expensive night, though not if you are on holiday.

Night clubs are more costly again, but obviously only aim for the holiday makers and the rich.

Anywhere in walking st basically, the 3rd rd places are for thais (or cheap charlie farangs) :o

I have found if I wont to speak with some females at a bar, at the Falang bars the girls

sit around talking to them selves and ignore you. However in a Thai bar the mama

sang will make sure the ladies will give you attention. I dont wish to side with any

member, though Poppa I do agree 100% with this point of view

If dont like it dont pay for it! Course could get teerak to go to the bar and buy a drink for you. :D

Yeah right ! You'd end up paying even more !

By the time she added the money she owed her "sister", and her gambling debts, and arranged a kick-back, the price would be huge. :D

Not to mention that by the time she made all those arrangements, she will have either finished off your drink herself, or it will be p*ss warm when she hands it to you (it's a part of the plan. As you are choking on your warm drink, she slips the bin into the cup like a master magician). :D

Better off to buy your Chang or Leo from the wholesaler (19 baht/bottle ?), and if you want to be social, invite friends over.

Or be like me, buy a bottle of Mekong, lock the door and drink alone, in the dark, with only those strange voices in your head to keep you company, like the ones I'm hearing now........ :o

Sounds like a night for me, if you need company to discuss the noises invite me over.... ; )