Can I Buy Suzuki, Rav 4 In Thailand

Want to buy a 4x4 that is a SHORT for parking - I hate the lumbering Fortuna for parking around town and want the 4x4 for mountains - Suzukie here in Chiang Mai tell me that the 4x4 Vitara is not longer stocked in Thailand? so if it is not available what about the Rav 4 which is quite short? any other options?

Emphasis on SHORT for parking and 4x4 for mountainous journey's etc.

Where in Thailand?

There are some second hand "short 4x4s" around Pattaya, and plenty available in Rayong: Mini Pajeros, 2 and 4 door RAV 4s, SWB (2 door) Suzuki Vitaras, and a few others too. The main dealers are along Sukhumvit Road.

The Grand Vitara's still about, but its hardly "short".

The Grand Vitara is not a 4x4 - they sell those but only 2WD versions - they used to sell the 4x4 but they tell me the main countrywide importer no longer does so.

I just want the flexibility of a 4x4 with being able to park the dam_n thing

The Grand Vitara is not a 4x4 - they sell those but only 2WD versions - they used to sell the 4x4 but they tell me the main countrywide importer no longer does so.

I just want the flexibility of a 4x4 with being able to park the dam_n thing

What's so hard about parking a proper 4x4 SUV like a Fortuner or Pajero Sport? If comparing to Grand Vitara, these SUV's are only 195mm longer, and have a turning radius just 200mm more.

In fact, for driving around town and parking they're not much different than driving a Honda Civic - which has a larger turning circle and is only 155mm shorter than Pajero Sport - and if that's still too big, then so is the Grand Vitara I'd expect.

Rav4 you can get but is an import, looks good [myself like the look of the mark 2 better] but at around 3 million is a crazy price, may as well have the BMW X1 or X3

Did you look at the Nissan X-Trail ? 4x4 and just over 1 million,

Yes I like the new Suzuki Vitara the 2 wheel drive is the same price as the 4x4 X-Trail @ 1,050,00 baht. the Grand Suzuki Vitara 4x4 no longer appear to be sold here

Imported the mid size Pajero 1.8 GDi in 3 door or 5 door... 725 - 827,000 baht brand new.

Rav4 you can get but is an import, looks good [myself like the look of the mark 2 better] but at around 3 million is a crazy price, may as well have the BMW X1 or X3

Yes I like the new Suzuki Vitara the 2 wheel drive is the same price as the 4x4 X-Trail @ 1,050,00 baht. the Grand Suzuki Vitara 4x4 no longer appear to be sold here

Imported the mid size Pajero 1.8 GDi in 3 door or 5 door... 725 - 827,000 baht brand new.

Hi - where did you get the Pajero? sounds good... and is the Nissan X-Trail generally available? but it looks a bit BIG? I just hate driving BIG trucks and Jeeps and hate parking them even more! thanks

Hi - where did you get the Pajero? sounds good... and is the Nissan X-Trail generally available? but it looks a bit BIG? I just hate driving BIG trucks and Jeeps and hate parking them even more! thanks

it's a gray market import, so the best bet to find one online is www.one2car.com

Been away, could not get Thaivisa Forums from Hotel PC just froze the browser every time..

Past South Bus Station turn left onto the big road going south many many car dealer and tent all the way down on both sides..

At least this morning as drove up this road and looked one place has 2 or 3 small 1.1 Pajero 4x4 facing the road, [sORRY could not see at a quick glance if they had the mid size 1.8 GDi model there today] think they are about 450,000 baht brand new.. to find this one drive down in the middle if you like about 7km down you will see a big Home Pro and a intersection, go straight but then get off onto the inside lanes, and a is a km or so further, they appear to have lots of Daihatsu, Suzuki, Pajero, as well as small vans etc For Sale.

If you then do a U-turn after Home Pro now on the right side, there are again 100.s of car places, I cannot remember just where think near one of the up and over U-Turns is another place that had all 3 sizes and a few different trim models of each size, as I can remember it is one of the newer building with 3 or so road going back. [ big block of newish tarmac and and rows or car ports 3 or 4 deep]

As 'MoonRiverOasis' said look on www.one2car.com there a few on there