Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i am not sure how much difference the mayors visit to the beach will make in the long run.

I guess sustained comments about the ski's on his facebook page have got his attention.

However i think his action in at least starting to address the fact that there is a problem on the beach must be wholeheartedly applauded.

Having shown his face and seen it all firsthand, if he doesn't start to do something about it, then I guess we would have to assume he was there to collect his share! Let's hope that's not the case.

Having shown his face and seen it all firsthand, if he doesn't start to do something about it, then I guess we would have to assume he was there to collect his share! Let's hope that's not the case.

So you think they were scamming people while the mayor made his,probably announced,visit? I'm sure everything went very smooth and without any error at that time and the mayor has a report that there isn't ongoing anything illegal at pattaya beach.

So you think they were scamming people while the mayor made his,probably announced,visit? I'm sure everything went very smooth and without any error at that time and the mayor has a report that there isn't ongoing anything illegal at pattaya beach.

You obviously have not read his comments on his facebook page then?

There should be some sort of warning signs near the beach area , beware of jetski scams , maybe we could ask the Pattaya Mayor to do something?

Yeah maybe he could replace those huge billboards promoting himself about what e great job he did with the pedestrian lights with some announcing the scams going on in his city............................however I think they don't have big enough billboards to simply list them all.

Some day a group of young guys will fight back, someone will get hurt, then maybe that will get some attention.

I think the mayor is doing the right thing, most decent Thais in Pattaya are discusted with these crooks on the beach and want them dealt with as do other beach operators, it will gain the mayor much credibility if he pursues this

I think the mayor is doing the right thing, most decent Thais in Pattaya are discusted with these crooks on the beach and want them dealt with as do other beach operators, it will gain the mayor much credibility if he pursues this

Let's hope it really is a case of doing the right thing rather than just a photo opportunity, being SEEN to do the right thing!

No indeed I even can't find his comment on the mentioned page.Maybe someone will be so nice to copy and paste it here.

No indeed I even can't find his comment on the mentioned page.Maybe someone will be so nice to copy and paste it here.

From the Mayor....... follow this link.....

http://www.facebook....7887590

Itthiphol Kunplome well i can tell you that they did get a bit of a shock as normally when we go out there is a large group and you can see us coming, but i just turned up in my civics clothes and asked them why are you making me so many problems and what makes you think you can behave in this way, its not Thai and its not good, i know your game and your cards are marked... Yesterday at 20:16

** Where it says "civics clothes" i take that to mean "civvies" as in civillian clothes as opposed to official uniform.

Edited by LennyW

From the Mayor....... follow this link.....

http://www.facebook....7887590

Itthiphol Kunplome well i can tell you that they did get a bit of a shock as normally when we go out there is a large group and you can see us coming, but i just turned up in my civics clothes and asked them why are you making me so many problems and what makes you think you can behave in this way, its not Thai and its not good, i know your game and your cards are marked... Yesterday at 20:16

** Where it says "civics clothes" i take that to mean "civvies" as in civillian clothes as opposed to official uniform.

Strange because the pictures doesn't show as civillian clothes.

By the way who is that Anthony forrest making comments like a 5 year old on the mayors fb-page

Strange because the pictures doesn't show as civillian clothes.

By the way who is that Anthony forrest making comments like a 5 year old on the mayors fb-page

Looks like he creeped up on them with his civilian clothes, clipboard and staff photographer.

The scammers never had a chance. :huh:

I see that the Mayor's recent visit has had absolutely zero effect with business as usual tonight for the scammers. 3 scams going on within 100 metres of Royal Garden at around 6.30.

Surely it would be simple enough to solve if the Mayor was really serious about it.

1. All jetski's to carry comprehensive insurance.

2. Signs all along the beach advising tourists that all jetski operators must now be fully insured and that they should not hand over any cash for alleged damage.

3. Provide a genuine emergency contact number within City Hall for use in case of problems.

I see that the Mayor's recent visit has had absolutely zero effect with business as usual tonight for the scammers. 3 scams going on within 100 metres of Royal Garden at around 6.30.

Surely it would be simple enough to solve if the Mayor was really serious about it.

1. All jetski's to carry comprehensive insurance.

2. Signs all along the beach advising tourists that all jetski operators must now be fully insured and that they should not hand over any cash for alleged damage.

3. Provide a genuine emergency contact number within City Hall for use in case of problems.

That would be one excellent and simply solution.

Another solution would to do what Krabi recently did and ban them.

I don't think anyone is serious about putting an end to this. It could be stopped in a single day if the powers that be were serious about it.

Oh well. Sucks to be a tourist in Thailand these days.

Yes its still going on.

Swedish/Swiss ? blonde haired crying boy chased by the ,i presume,jetski guys tonight up beach rd.

Not sure if they caught him,but with 3 tattooed ,no shirt wearing jetki ops after him ,I doubt the poor boy got away.

Im pretty sure he was with two others ,a boy and girl aged about 19/20 yo,but it looks as though he has made a run for it.

Dont ask me where he knew he was running to,but with the perified look on his face they certainly scared the bejeebies out of him.

Dont know if they caught up with him,but from my observations nobody assisted him,not that you would really.

Edited by actiondell4

business as usual tonight for the scammers. 3 scams going on within 100 metres of Royal Garden at around 6.30.

. Provide a genuine emergency contact number within City Hall for use in case of problems.

they would knock off at 17.00 :rolleyes:

a lot of money being made on that beach, bringing a halt to it will not be easy that cash can make a lot of people look the other way.

even if they had someone "independent" to turn up just how long would he be able to remain so ?

business as usual tonight for the scammers. 3 scams going on within 100 metres of Royal Garden at around 6.30.

. Provide a genuine emergency contact number within City Hall for use in case of problems.

they would knock off at 17.00 :rolleyes:

a lot of money being made on that beach, bringing a halt to it will not be easy that cash can make a lot of people look the other way.

even if they had someone "independent" to turn up just how long would he be able to remain so ?

I don't disagree but the main points of my post, which you have selectively edited out, were the mandatory insurance of the jetski's together with signage advising tourists of the situation so that they didn't believe they were liable for damage when the scammers start making their demands. The contact number was for back-up and I agree with the problems of maintaining its integrity.

ahem and you think the city hall is not involved ??????

Whether I believe city hall is involved or not is a moot point.

By involving himself the mayor has opened himself up to criticism/accusations if he does nothing. My intention was to demonstrate that, if he is serious about resolving the situation, a solution is available to him with relatively little effort.

well you are correct, nobody really has any interest in what YOU believe as an individual, all my posts here are general and not directed towards anyone in particular, we are all voiceing our views and discust on this thread but unfortunately it will not be enough to make a difference

Altering a quoted post in your reply is against forum rules.

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Be warned!

alot of people who go on the jet skis have heard its bad to use them but still do it, the recent Americans were warned by officers NOT to go anywhere near them, 3 did and got scammed. apparantly worst time to go on them is after 5pm when the water is quite with jet ski and they have more time to scam and get the money in. think all it would take is the Yanks to have a word to the Mayor to stop them.

So TAT and the Mayor both acknowledge it is going on, but are powerless to do anything about it? Maybe it is within the laws then. Maybe corruption and extortion have been made legal? Kept that quiet, didn't they?

So TAT and the Mayor both acknowledge it is going on, but are powerless to do anything about it? Maybe it is within the laws then. Maybe corruption and extortion have been made legal? Kept that quiet, didn't they?

Why do you say the Mayor is powerless to do anything? by his comments on his facebook page it looks very much like he is doing something, another vist planned on the beach for around the 15th, but as his comments on his page do say - he has a lot of other work to do too - some of which is in other countries, so give the man a wee bit of time, but by his comments so far it looks like he is definitely "on the case".

If you look at his FB page he does reply to people that have serious input and comments, but as usual an open page attracts a lot of fuc_kwits, read his stuff for yourself - Itthiphol Kunplome, i think the boy is trying but has a big job??

Why do you say the Mayor is powerless to do anything? by his comments on his facebook page it looks very much like he is doing something, another vist planned on the beach for around the 15th, but as his comments on his page do say - he has a lot of other work to do too - some of which is in other countries, so give the man a wee bit of time, but by his comments so far it looks like he is definitely "on the case".

If you look at his FB page he does reply to people that have serious input and comments, but as usual an open page attracts a lot of fuc_kwits, read his stuff for yourself - Itthiphol Kunplome, i think the boy is trying but has a big job??

Which part of a Mayors job has to be done in other country's?He isn't the prime minister is he?

He admited that he was even unable to inform the Chonburi governor about the ongoing scam.Isn't it so that a mayor has to report to the governor anyway?

You remember who's his dad an what he is known for don't you?

Which part of a Mayors job has to be done in other country's?He isn't the prime minister is he?

He admited that he was even unable to inform the Chonburi governor about the ongoing scam.Isn't it so that a mayor has to report to the governor anyway?

You remember who's his dad an what he is known for don't you?

Hey, not my argument, just relaying a link to what he says, i would think a big part of a mayors job of any city was to go to another city /country to promote!!

Oh yes , your the same poster that could not differentiate between civillian clothes and official uniforms????

If you want to do a search on relatives, do a search on William Murdoch, my grandmothers uncle, invented the gas lamp, doesent fuc_kin mean i sell gas lamps does it??