Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

it's still going on but not at the level of january when the number of people on the beach and ski customers was much higher. At that time they were pulling scams faster than i could take pictures.There are simply less customers around and although i have been to the beach i have been more discreet with taking pictures quite simply for my own safety. They know the heat is on and are much more aware of people taking photos esp video

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it was a quiet day on the beach today. The weather was poor all afternoon with intermittent rain instead of the usual downpour.

Not enough to stop the scammers tho, 2 events going down at 17.55 ish 1 outside pattaya walk, 1 outside the royal garden entrance,50 mtrs apart if that.

The 2nd incident had the sneaky russian in attendance wearing his usual garb of black shirt and black trousers. This time he had some sort of ID round his neck. I had no chance to see if identified him as a united nations official here to clamp down on scams and corruption which is what he was claiming last week.

This is from the mayor if anyone can help tonight he needs photos for a meeting tomorow morning

ok i really could do with the info tonight, if possible you can even just post the links of the main players or email [email protected]

http://www.facebook....aFuture?sk=wall

Strange thing for him to say, though !!!

Did he not meet with the "main players" himself?

Penkoprod

This is from the mayor if anyone can help tonight he needs photos for a meeting tomorow morning

ok i really could do with the info tonight, if possible you can even just post the links of the main players or email [email protected]

http://www.facebook....aFuture?sk=wall

Strange thing for him to say, though !!!

Did he not meet with the "main players" himself?

Penkoprod

He wants to put evertything in presentation form for tomorow morning a person volunteered to do it a few weeks ago and he was waiting on it but that person has gone quiet and wont answer messages, now The Mayor is rushing and asking for help.

The Mayor cannot trust his police force and is asking farangs to do the police work?

Now this is funny.

The damage is done Mr. Mayor.

This has been happening for years, you know it and the thousands of reports on the web are not going away.

See, that's what happens when you abuse your most valuable resources.. the beach and tourists.

The Mayor cannot trust his police force and is asking farangs to do the police work?

Now this is funny.

This has been happening for years, you know it and the thousands of reports on the web are not going away.

See, that's what happens when you abuse your most valuable resources.. the beach and tourists.

The Mayor asked the police to investigate and they haven't solved the problem at least he has not walked away from it and it must be very difficult with the amount of corruption involved . As some one else quoted on his page in many other countries this would be stopped within 48 hours and heads would roll.

Now this is funny.

The Mayor asked the police to investigate and they haven't solved the problem at least he has not walked away from it and it must be very difficult with the amount of corruption involved . As some one else quoted on his page in many other countries this would be stopped within 48 hours and heads would roll.

The fact that it hasn't is one of the main reasons why Thailand will remain a Third World country for the foreseeable future.

FANTASY NEWS STORY:

Pattaya, Thailand -- April 28, 2011

Fed up with the notorious Jet-Ski scams that are common on Pattaya Beach, and infuriated by the ineffectiveness of the local government to remedy the situation, nearby vendors have taken matters into their own hands. At about 11:00 AM yesterday, several clouds of black smoke were seen rising along Pattaya Beach as Jet-Skis were set ablaze by some of the more honest members of Pattaya's business community who had finally had enough of their good names and livelihoods being compromised by what can only be described as ruthless thugs.

The ruthless thugs referred to are the infamous Jet-Ski rental operators who work the beaches in Thailand, most notably in Phuket and Pattaya. They tempt unsuspecting tourists into renting their water crafts by offering what seem to be bargain prices. However, after the naive customer returns the vehicle, damages are almost instantaneously spotted, and relatively huge amounts of money are demanded for what is almost always pre-existing damage. Demands are made for sums anywhere from 10,000 up to 70,000 baht (300 to over 2000 $US ). The tourist is overwhelmed by the situation as the one or two friendly people they originally dealt with increases to half a dozen or more, and threats of physical harm begin to escalate. Often, the innocent tourist demands that the police intervene, and the scam operators are quite happy to oblige, knowing that the police will side with the rental operator and help to make it a more threatening situation.

Approximately 18 Jet-Skis went up in smoke as a crowd of almost 500 angry local business people stormed the beach from various positions armed with clubs, petrol, and a keen determination to rid their beach of these low-life operators for once and for all. It appeared to be a well-planned execution as the rental operators were caught off guard and didn't have time to protect their water vehicles. They instead chose to save themselves by getting out of the way and vacating the beach. Just as quickly as the members of the business community came and acted out their vigilant deed, they left and police are holding no suspects at this time.

Speaking with a condition of anonymity, one of the local business people who partook in yesterday's activities said, "We have done what nobody else has been able to do, and we promise that if anybody else, even the police, try to pollute our beach again with dishonesty the same result will be seen."

This little fantasy played in my mind for a while, so I thought I'd put together a little "wouldn't it be nice" mock news story.

Edited by Rimmer
Fantasy or not libel is stil Libel

Victim - I will call the police

Scammer - we own the police

I don't think that is a lie.

Common sense says, this would not continue unless it was backed from people in very high places.

From the Mayors Facebook page posted last night........

"Today a meeting was held at my office between myself, Pattaya Chief of Police, Chief of Pattaya Tourist Police and other Gov organizations. We have some plans to change the way the Jet Skis operate. There will be a meeting for all Jet ski operators to attend and we will inform them of the problems and consequences if further reports come out. We also discussed how to deal with the individuals posted across numerous websites."

"Today a meeting was held at my office between myself, Pattaya Chief of Police, Chief of Pattaya Tourist Police and other Gov organizations. We have some plans to change the way the Jet Skis operate. There will be a meeting for all Jet ski operators to attend and we will inform them of the problems and consequences if further reports come out. We also discussed how to deal with the individuals posted across numerous websites."

What does he mean by that?

He is talking about the the youtube clips and other photo;s on the net where people have taken photo's of the scams in action and posted them online I assume some of those people may be removed from the beach.

He is talking about the the youtube clips and other photo;s on the net where people have taken photo's of the scams in action and posted them online I assume some of those people may be removed from the beach.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but wouldn't it be difficult to prove anything? Unless there was an admission from them or an accusing conversation was recorded, can't they just claim innocence?

Edited by Wavefloater

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but wouldn't it be difficult to prove anything? Unless there was an admission from them or an accusing conversation was recorded, can't they just claim innocence?

I am not sure how he would use the photo's and video's against them it will be interesting to see what changes occur,

i took a low profile stroll along part of the beach yesterday afternoon and not too much was going on but i did find 1 poor guy in a pink shirt on the receiving end , right by the start of the ski hire.

i have no idea of the outcome as i did not want to hang around but i couldn't see a mark on the 2 ski's involved

A bit of a mis-translation. What he he meant to say is they are going to deal with those who POSTED those embarassing photos and videos on the internet. They have insulted Thailand and need to be punished harshly.

Eyewitness Report Pattaya Beach from Mayor's Facebook Page Mon 11th April

I went along the beach and saw only two jet skis running.

I walked from Pattaya Klang to Royal Garden. All jet skis were stopped.

Of the two jet skis both renters were surrounded by 5 or 6 Thai men who threatend them and wanted thousands of baht each.

This was in front of J House just past Royal Garden. I called the police at soi 9 and they never came.

I called 4 times.

The renters were from Iran.

They were threatened and so was I.

I have information I can share in person but not in emails. The people involved use signals and have people gather in seconds to intimidate the renters to pay or be hurt.

I was told by the operators...Go call Police...We own the Police!

I saw how they sinal...how they use a camera with photos with no scratches in the photos and tell the farang these photos were taken before they used the jet ski and the damage is fresh from an accident.

I saw how they outnumber the customer and use weapons to get paid.

I saw where the Boss hides and waits.

Simple recon!

The same scams are happenning on Ko Larn according to comments made on the Mayors Facebook

Mon 11th April

Good luck with this it really is shamefull everyone knows or has seen people ripped off by these people ! They even keep people hostage on Koh Larn !! Not letting them leave the island until they have arranged payment I know of 2 people this happened to !

Another report today

Tony Just today witnessed the "JET SKI MAFIA" in action. 3 Indian looking guys surrounded by vicious looking Thai mafia. They let one go, to get money from his hotel room the others were made to wait there. It is horrible to watch and happens daily, WHY ?????????? PUBLIC MUGGING

1 comment

First off they need honest police to start checking memory cards of the jet ski mafia and investigating more there are many reports online that these cards are having the photos edited while the tourist is out on the jet ski.

http://www.facebook.com/PattayaPeople

Edited by saintofsilence

Another Victims report

I am embarrassed to say I was a victim of this scam. My and my friend rented two jet skis in Pattaya and did NOT have any accident. Upon return they demanded 80,000 Thai baht for a few scrapes we didn't make. We didn't have the money and 7 or 8 boys started beating us. We both had to go to the hospital for injuries. Later we told the police who said there was nothing they could do and we should have just paid them.

I WILL NEVER COME TO THAILAND AGAIN and have been telling everyone I know to do the same.