Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

A face book page won't stop these scammers there are two words that will fix it

Law Enforcment

Be interesting to see what responses he gives to any questions on a public forum/page though.

easy, they will hold a meeting, then another one, etc etc etc

i don't do facebook myself i have enough trouble with the odd forum and hotmail

Edited by striderman

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same shit all week long down on the beach.

Many many scams daily.

Seen the sheik guy with the turban involved in few, not seen the Farang (picture deleted) for a while though.

Mama jetski busy and very vocal everyday.

These guys really turn my stomach now.

Yesterday a couple of Turks/Iranians? Took out one of the nicest skis there, yellow and black seadoo 400.

I watched as they capsized it, it was upside down for 4 or 5 seconds and obviously would not start again. Two Thais went out on a ski and one came back with the two Iranians leaving one on the seadoo, then he went back and they towed it in pulled it up on the beach had the seat off, and we were off.

It must have been a shock for the poor Iranians they were distraught throwing their arms in the air and holding their head in their hands, I was with a mate who is only here for a week, so I sent him over to poke his nose in. Salt water very bad bla bla, have to strip down and rebuild engine bla bla, out of action for long time bla bla. 50,000 Baht!

Went for a few beers, come back 1 hour later still going on, send my mate over again and looks like they gona cop it for 40,000 Baht.

Went down there again this afternoon and guess what? The same ski was there, saw some Thai hooning around on it good as new.

Probably only took a couple of squirts of WD40.

How fuc_king brazen is that <deleted> take 40K on it yesterday and have it out on the water in the same place the next day.

:bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah:

Edited by kevkev1888

they right themselves and are designed to be turned over now and again, perhaps the renters gorgot to put the wriststrap back in place then the scumbag Thais just milked it,

and have to agree the whole thing turns my stomach too, what sadens me even more are that these particular crooks are discrediting the whole Thai community, it makes an odd 200baht backhander to a cop look like kids play, i actually don't mind slipping a cop a few baht to help him along in his poorly paid job, the money involved here is criminal, I hope they all rot in hell

What I hate is seeing the cops run around Pattaya chasing 100 year old ladies that sell a bit of papaya salad to survive, catching them and taking away their food and utensils and issuing fines , while they let mafia employed boof headed thugs on the beach assault tourists all the time.

What I hate is seeing the cops run around Pattaya chasing 100 year old ladies that sell a bit of papaya salad to survive, catching them and taking away their food and utensils and issuing fines , while they let mafia employed boof headed thugs on the beach assault tourists all the time.

Exactly. They will sometimes take their entire CART because they don't have a permit, while they let these beach scum bags attack tourists with weapons and rip them off daily.

Though, it's not difficult to grasp once you just accept that the police don't cash in on food carts like they do on jet skis.

Saw the one of the scammers near mikes shopping centre a couple of days ago grab a customer in a headlock to assist him in looking at the hull on a jet ski. smile.gif

Hmmm. Maybe I will go down and prepare to rent one, and while doing that, ask that they show me the hull, top and bottom. "No problem, is OK. Good Price for you"

Saw the one of the scammers near mikes shopping centre a couple of days ago grab a customer in a headlock to assist him in looking at the hull on a jet ski. smile.gif

Hmmm. Maybe I will go down and prepare to rent one, and while doing that, ask that they show me the hull, top and bottom. "No problem, is OK. Good Price for you"

I dont live in patts so cant help, But why dont all the guys being ripped off and those observing these scams not all get together (say 25 to 30 peeps) and plonk yourselfs down at the scammers spots on the beach, and when customers arrive to rent. stand with them while inspecting the jetski.....

Or do the bibs ban mass gatherings of falangs.....in public places

This is what people who hire jet ski's are up against.

The Captain can clearly see that the damage on the jetski is old, why did he make his marine pay 35000 baht for it. The guy had been bullied into agreeing to pay before the officer arrived, the officer was well aware of it being a scam but still made him pay. Why not stand his ground and and tell the marine to walk away and pay nothing as he had done nothing wrong.

A face book page won't stop these scammers there are two words that will fix it

Law Enforcment

Be interesting to see what responses he gives to any questions on a public forum/page though.

easy, they will hold a meeting, then another one, etc etc etc

i don't do facebook myself i have enough trouble with the odd forum and hotmail

Or he may "Unfriend" all of us. :crying:

these feckers would not get one penny from me if i was stupid enough to hire a jetski, even if i was i would take my own pictures before hire

asa much as i would like to spend some time on the beach both warning people not to hire and when they do not to pay - it really is not my business, people should to be aware of this stuff all over the world and take messures to ensure they don't become a victim

I also have to laugh at the mayor's response, he is open to suggestions how to rectify the situation - isn't that what he is elected to do, he is all but useless becuase it involves falangs - is there a vote he has to worry about........nope

these feckers would not get one penny from me if i was stupid enough to hire a jetski, even if i was i would take my own pictures before hire

asa much as i would like to spend some time on the beach both warning people not to hire and when they do not to pay - it really is not my business, people should to be aware of this stuff all over the world and take messures to ensure they don't become a victim

I also have to laugh at the mayor's response, he is open to suggestions how to rectify the situation - isn't that what he is elected to do, he is all but useless becuase it involves falangs - is there a vote he has to worry about........nope

It is not just falangs that get scammed.

I witnessed a group of Thai women get scammed as well. I was sitting next to them when the usual farce started with the pointing and them getting surrounded etc

I presume they were on hols from Bangkok.

They are out of control and they act with complete impunity.

quote]

It is not just falangs that get scammed.

when the usual farce started with the pointing and them getting surrounded etc

I presume they were on hols from Bangkok.

They are out of control and they act with complete impunity.

that's the bit that used to annoy me the most.

the younger members of the gang who are as yet too small to directly confront the falangs examine ,point , point again at marks on the hull that are too small for the human eye to detect.

they endlessly return to the machine pointing away like billyo.

it's clearly part of the harassing falangs learning curve untill they are big enough to bring out the weapons themselves

Edited by striderman

This is big business. How many scams daily ? 10, 15 , 20 ? So we are talking about maybe 200k daily , its a lot of baht , and the local police are involved , maybe they get 20% of it.

So its impossible to stop, too much money involved.

Unless the mayor will start cleaning up and get rid of the corruption in the police force.

In the mean time , all we can do is try to warn tourists about this.

There was a farang yesterday possibly norway or russia that rented a jet ski outside mikes shopping he was so drunk was unable to stand up .The scammers were laughing when he went out on it If there were people swimming he could have killed some one. He ended up capsizing the ski in less than two minutes .It looked like he was set up good even before he got on the ski he was laying on the ground and was having trouble getting on it.The scammers were trying for ages to get money out of him , last i saw he was taken off to the cop station .The jet ski had to be towed into shore and they left him floating around in a life vest for quite a while as the jet ski was more important than a person.They should never have allowed him on a ski he was completely off his face.

Edited by mtc

what about everyone here with balls go down there and enquire about rental then take pictures and refuse to rent because they are damaged, a flood of photo's and snubs and a little <deleted> u and walk away, it might save some unsuspecting victom some grief, they can't touch you if u don't actually go out and anyone watching might get a hint, this shit really gets under my skin.

I was down there today too watched the same scam going down.

The old Sheik guy is one of the scamers, the friendly interpreter.

The policeman with the tash walked up from another scam going on at the next hire point just down the beach.

In that one the hapless hirers had come off the ski and turned it over.

Oh no surly not, salt water inside the engine, very bad, wow

The last time I saw them pull this one I saw the cash change hands 40KB

There was nothing wrong with the ski and they had it out on the water in the same place the next day!