Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

So TAT and the Mayor both acknowledge it is going on, but are powerless to do anything about it? Maybe it is within the laws then. Maybe corruption and extortion have been made legal? Kept that quiet, didn't they?

Why do you say the Mayor is powerless to do anything? by his comments on his facebook page it looks very much like he is doing something, another vist planned on the beach for around the 15th, but as his comments on his page do say - he has a lot of other work to do too - some of which is in other countries, so give the man a wee bit of time, but by his comments so far it looks like he is definitely "on the case".

If you look at his FB page he does reply to people that have serious input and comments, but as usual an open page attracts a lot of fuc_kwits, read his stuff for yourself - Itthiphol Kunplome, i think the boy is trying but has a big job??

Which part of a Mayors job has to be done in other country's?He isn't the prime minister is he?

He admited that he was even unable to inform the Chonburi governor about the ongoing scam.Isn't it so that a mayor has to report to the governor anyway?

You remember who's his dad an what he is known for don't you?

Hey, not my argument, just relaying a link to what he says, i would think a big part of a mayors job of any city was to go to another city /country to promote!!

Oh yes , your the same poster that could not differentiate between civillian clothes and official uniforms????

If you want to do a search on relatives, do a search on William Murdoch, my grandmothers uncle, invented the gas lamp, doesent fuc_kin mean i sell gas lamps does it??

Gonna leave your fourth generation family relation out of the story but gas lamps are a thing of the past,that's maybe the reason you're not selling them. :)

I and probably anyone but you can see from a mile that a government official is coming wearing that black uniform jacket with the government logo embroidered on the top left side..

Edit to add : I think on the other side of the jacket is even his name and function embroidered.

Edited by janverbeem

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the Mayor's recent visit has had absolutely zero effect with business as usual tonight for the scammers. 3 scams going on within 100 metres of Royal Garden at around 6.30.

Surely it would be simple enough to solve if the Mayor was really serious about it.

1. All jetski's to carry comprehensive insurance.

2. Signs all along the beach advising tourists that all jetski operators must now be fully insured and that they should not hand over any cash for alleged damage.

3. Provide a genuine emergency contact number within City Hall for use in case of problems.

ok there is the whole post this time.

re insurance from what i have read the phuket scheme largely failed because although damage to the ski was covered loss of earnings was not.

so they would say the ski is going to be out of action for several days so mr falang i want a load of cash to cover all the times (ie every minute there is daylight) i could have rented it out in that period.

as to point 3 i cannot see how an arbiter could do the job without being either intimidated or becoming suddenly wealthy.

the mayor has got a difficult job to come up with a scheme that would work.

the obvious answer is a total ban but this being thailand the obvious solution is rarely chosen.

it will never stop no matter what we or anyone else does or says, eventually someone may walk on to the beach and wonder why nobody is hiring and why there are so many not being used and.................kabooooom

I and probably anyone but you can see from a mile that a government official is coming wearing that black uniform jacket with the government logo embroidered on the top left side..

Edit to add : I think on the other side of the jacket is even his name and function embroidered.

What pictures are you looking at?

The mayors own words that he turned up in "civics" (civillian clothes),

City hall official clothes are light beige in colour with many stripes, badges and other adornments, not black.

City hall official clothes are light beige in colour with many stripes, badges and other adornments, not black.

What would you think about this picture 198737_193350404021036_121351537887590_531397_1878101_n.jpg

I see that the Mayor's recent visit has had absolutely zero effect with business as usual tonight for the scammers. 3 scams going on within 100 metres of Royal Garden at around 6.30.

Surely it would be simple enough to solve if the Mayor was really serious about it.

1. All jetski's to carry comprehensive insurance.

2. Signs all along the beach advising tourists that all jetski operators must now be fully insured and that they should not hand over any cash for alleged damage.

3. Provide a genuine emergency contact number within City Hall for use in case of problems.

ok there is the whole post this time.

re insurance from what i have read the phuket scheme largely failed because although damage to the ski was covered loss of earnings was not.

so they would say the ski is going to be out of action for several days so mr falang i want a load of cash to cover all the times (ie every minute there is daylight) i could have rented it out in that period.

as to point 3 i cannot see how an arbiter could do the job without being either intimidated or becoming suddenly wealthy.

the mayor has got a difficult job to come up with a scheme that would work.

the obvious answer is a total ban but this being thailand the obvious solution is rarely chosen.

So with the lesson learned from the Phuket failure the insurance requirement must include loss of earnings! I still agree with you on point 3, it is a necessity but how to keep them honest is a huge problem.

A total ban is drastic and what happens to all the jet skis, with all the dodgy money that has obviously been invested I can't see how it would be allowed to happen.

What would you think about this picture 198737_193350404021036_121351537887590_531397_1878101_n.jpg

Quite clearly civillian clothes and not official city hall uniform, i thought you were looking at another picture somwhere with him in uniform.

Quite clearly civillian clothes and not official city hall uniform, i thought you were looking at another picture somwhere with him in uniform.

Another scam with 3 Indians going on just now....Su morning 10.45 opp. Mike Shopping. The same gang. Shame on Pattaya. Poor tourists.

In all due respect to the mayor, he cannot do much if it involves the police enforcing a law or making arrests. The city government is different than the city police department. The police has their own entity. If taking measures (the police) means losing a kick-back or under the table "contribution, then the issue will be ignored. It is obvious that the police are involved with this scam. This is why the city officials cannot do anything. Fact of Pattaya

Compensation Committee For Jet Ski Damage Disputes

Story posted in Pattya News Clippings HERE

PATTAYA PEOPLE: 2011-03-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The compensation committee will need to investigate these claims are valid , how will they define if images have been photoshopped or not ?

It will be interesting to see the details .

They say that if the commitee is not available then the police will attend thats where the problem is to many reports saying police are involved.

Edited by saintofsilence

In case the Committee is not available, the Pattaya Police :whistling: , Sea Rescue and local authorities must be called to negotiate, to be fair and transparent for both sides

While they're at it, they need to enforce threats of violence and murder against tourists in these disputes, eh?

The compensation committee will need to investigate these claims are valid , how will they define if images have been photoshopped or not ?

They say that if the commitee is not available then the police will attend thats where the problem is to many reports saying police are involved.

This should be very interesting bearing in mind the frequency of the claims. Maybe they will begin to smell a rat when they find they are dealing with 10+ (just a guesstimate, and probably a low one) "accidents/problems" per day!

This should be very interesting bearing in mind the frequency of the claims. Maybe they will begin to smell a rat when they find they are dealing with 10+ (just a guesstimate, and probably a low one) "accidents/problems" per day!

This is at least better than the current situation I suspect he has a legal team putting it together to try and close rat holes.

And why would a commitee that is created specially for this purpose not be available?

Don't know about you but I smell something already,and it aren't roses.

all the jetskis need to logged registered and licenced then a full profile of each one including photo's of current damage logged and kept on file, if the operator wants to claim for new damage this must be logged also against each unit, it might not stop the scams completely but will certaintly stop the repeated claims for compensation for the same unrepaired damage over and over, if there is no record of the ski on city records then compensation cannot be claimed, the proceedure process should be given in writting to each tourist by the operator before the rental takes place if this doesn't happen then no claim can be made, adhere to these simple rules and no more scam.......simple regulation by the city and problem solved

all the jetskis need to logged registered and licenced then a full profile of each one including photo's of current damage logged and kept on file, if the operator wants to claim for new damage this must be logged also against each unit, it might not stop the scams completely but will certaintly stop the repeated claims for compensation for the same unrepaired damage over and over, if there is no record of the ski on city records then compensation cannot be claimed, the proceedure process should be given in writting to each tourist by the operator before the rental takes place if this doesn't happen then no claim can be made, adhere to these simple rules and no more scam.......simple regulation by the city and problem solved

I like your thinking Smedly why not put your suggestions on the mayor's facebook page ?

I like your thinking Smedly why not put your suggestions on the mayor's facebook page ?

perhaps someone can do it for me, I don't have FB

This is at least better than the current situation I suspect he has a legal team putting it together to try and close rat holes.

We all hope this is the case but an unfortunate clip from the Andrew Drummond blog posted by Rimmer earlier somewhat sums up the problems he is facing.

"I met with the police and asked them to move quickly on the vdo evidence and look for ways to cause these people problems if they want to operate like this. You may have reservations about the police but there are some good ones and i know who they are."

Wouldn't it be more reassuring if he had been able to say that there are some BAD ones and he knows who they are?

This really seems to be an acknowledgement that the majority of his police force is corrupt.

Victims of this scam have lost millions of dollars over the years, has anyone in thailand ever been prosecuted for this criminal activity. .

They can openly do it day in day out threaten , assault with any weapons that they can get hold of some times in the presence of police and the tourists in Pattaya stand up on the beach and watch it because what else can they do ?.

How can Pattaya beach be promoted by TAT as being a top tourist destination ? Jet ski businesses will continue ruin any chance of that.

I hope the media just keeps pushing this and people keep reporting it on such sites as Thailand Jet Ski Scams Thailand until the Thailand authorities take the scam scum off the beach .

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001909826119&sk=wall

There would not be a government in this world who would allow its people to go on jet ski's if they were to see the scam in action and how dangeous it is.

A photographer had his life threatened for taking photo's of the scam whats going to happen when some person not aware of the scams and starts taking photo's he is likely to end up in hospital or worst.

Meetings and new systems will not change the current people running the scams on Pattaya beach and while they are there tourists are in danger especially if they rent a jet ski or take photo's of scammers.

Actions are needed not words. :realangry:

Edited by saintofsilence

Mayor declares war on scamming Pattaya jet ski vendors

Itthiphol drafts new rules, recruits informants online, tells vendors ‘I know your game’

Story posted in Pattaya News Clippings HERE

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2011-03-17 footer_n.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Scams still occuring on Pattaya beach its hard to understand why there are no safety measures in place for renting jet ski's out in very rough weather also, who ever it is protecting these scammers and allowing them to do needs putting in prison.No wonder the internet is full of jet ski complaints .

until the powers that be actually do something it will continue, a fine is no good - simple maths ........ scam someone for 50,000baht and pay a 2000baht fine, no fines no jail just stop it happening

Edited by smedly

I have seen estimates of them defrauding tourists of 300,000 baht a day.

That's 9 million a month.

Would the Pattaya police let these beach punks keep all that money?

The police are getting paid very well.Does anyone believe that the majors efforts were genuine ?