Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

There are enough people commenting on this thread to have put this problem to bed a long time ago. It needs a meeting set up,the options available and the action to take. It takes numbers,not vast amounts but more than a few. Leafleting is a waste of time in my estimation.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are enough people commenting on this thread to have put this problem to bed a long time ago. It needs a meeting set up,the options available and the action to take. It takes numbers,not vast amounts but more than a few. Leafleting is a waste of time in my estimation.

leafleting would leave you dead or in hospital.

meetings won't help, there is just too much cash involved it's almost impossible to stop.

the only tool that is of any use is publicity to try and warn as many people as possible without risking life and limb

leafleting would leave you dead or in hospital.

meetings won't help, there is just too much cash involved it's almost impossible to stop.

the only tool that is of any use is publicity to try and warn as many people as possible without risking life and limb

This answer is absurb.

A gathering at City Hall,a meeting with Bangkok police,even a visit to the Bangkok Post en mass.

These guys are idiots,they are nothing. The only life and limb risked would be their own if a group, a scattered group just happened to be around when they pulled a stunt

Edited by jori

//Notice//

It would seem that all the relevant points have been discussed before and we are simply re hashing old posts to keep a dying topic alive.

Unless something new is forthcoming in the next 24 hours I regret the topic will be closed for review.

//Admin

//Notice//

It would seem that all the relevant points have been discussed before and we are simply re hashing old posts to keep a dying topic alive.

Unless something new is forthcoming in the next 24 hours I regret the topic will be closed for review.

//Admin

Yes,it does get monotonous reading the same- same comments repeatedly but do not agree this thread should be finished. Eventually this racket will be finished,and if evidence gathering is the thing that finishes it then this is a source.

At the very least this thread does bring peoples minds together on this despicable subject,provides evidence in a centralised model,and will hopefully provide a solution. You are doing a public service.

//Notice//

//Admin

This thread is still receiving daily reports of scams ocurring on Pattaya for this to be closed would be dissapointing as it is good resource to keep people informed and also safe .

There is nothing to lose and a hell of a lot to be gained by this remaining open Please give more consideration before closing.

//Notice//

//Admin

Admin / Forum Moderator - It was suggested in a previous thread on this topic, as a result of another jet ski scam thread that was indeed closed, that a 'Scam Warnings' pinned topic should be created in light of the on going situation.

Another Day, Another Scam

It seems ridiculous that as such an important subject that there is still no pinned 'Scam Warnings' post that consolidates the information highlighted in the 'Jet Ski Scam Out Of Control...' post into an easy to read single post. Instead the post which will remain very relevant until positive action happens to the ones who scam, will soon be unseen as it slips away from the front pages in it's closed state and new topics fill the Pattaya Forum front page.

Wouldn't this be the way to go, to let a scam topic run, then after a period of time, summarise the information and add it to a pinned 'Scam Warnings' post. Makes sense to me.

Its not picking on Thailand, if running the same type of forum broad in another country, you'd expect the same.

There are of course other Pattaya forum boards that also highlight the scam issues, and why not, no one wants to be scammed or even helplessly witness a scam. Everyone seems happy enough to make the information freely available in an attempt to warn others of the scam, yet on this forum there is still no pinned post on scams and the subject that was running in now closed for whatever reason, despite photos showing the scammers and police appearing less than half way through the topic pages.

Can't we just agree to consolidate the information, enough people here to do it, post the final effort as a pinned topic, if necessary delete the thread with the original contributed efforts, job done. It seems that even though it apparently continues on a daily basis, we have the main story line and details. If I were someone planning to visit Thailand, maybe for the first time, came across the ThaiVisa.com forum, I certainly wouldn't be sat looking through pages and pages of none tourist related posts. Likewise I wouldn't specifically be searching the site for 'jetski' or 'jet ski', but rather would think that if already on the beach and see them I'd maybe have a try there and then, which of course would possibly be too late. I'm not suggesting every scam topic should be entered here, but clearly the jet ski scam should be.

I just can't understand why this forum isn't doing this. We should be trying to help each other, not provide half hearted facility from the good will of foreigners / expats here only to have it locked and lost within days amongst the none tourist posts.

A pinned tourist warning should be developed here to protect tourists(since Thais won't)

How about a thread titled " common scams aed at first te visitors ".

The first warning:let's start at the airport.

1. Thailand airport duty free extortion scam.

Tourists are set up by duty free cashiers and police.

//Notice//

//Admin

This scam is still going on everyday as other posters have confirmed also , it is all along pattaya beach and closing the thread is pointless many people are concerned about this problem and this is a good place to report it.

Also you mention nothing new , what about post 62 yesterday.

it's much more widespread than i thought, virtually every group along beach rd is at it.

observed another 2 going down today during a brief walk.

it's easy to spot even if u miss the opening drama round the beached jet ski.

just look for small groups of falangs in the deck chairs deep in conversation with a thai male or males and with a signed jet ski rental form on the table.

take it from me they are not discussing the previous nights premier league results

post 34 and 38 a couple days ago

post 38 JWJ

Today, two English guy's were threatened to be shot if they did not pay up. In the end they paid 28,000 after one of the ski's broke down while ridding it. He said after they paid, and the owner gave them an receipt that can be used to claim on travel insurance for when he is back home. I told him that he better get a police report to support it. He seem convinced by the extortionist that the insurance will pay the claim.

Or would thai visa prefer a seperate topic for each scam sighting ? or would thai visa prefer we don't post about tourists being abused , assaulted and extorted ?

It is very easy to close a topic and many are probably closed for good reason but in my opinion there is no justification to close this one.

Edited by saintofsilence

As I have said before close this scam down and it will only lead to another one being ramped up somewhere else.

A system where the police chiefs and probably the mayor as well have to pay huge sums to secure their jobs inevitably leads to these sort of scams being almost unstoppable.

The dark forces behind the public figures are the ones calling the shots and running the show.

As I have said before close this scam down and it will only lead to another one being ramped up somewhere else.

A system where the police chiefs and probably the mayor as well have to pay huge sums to secure their jobs inevitably leads to these sort of scams being almost unstoppable.

The dark forces behind the public figures are the ones calling the shots and running the show.

Good point. So it needs to come from higher such as the governor of Chonburi.

I am deeply opposed to the slander of various named officials and that will CEASE as of now.

I am also quite unhappy that OP chose to open a new topic discussing the EXACT same thing already posted in the News forum. This is very poor netiquette and frowned upon by admin and mods as the duplicate topics create cross posting issues. Do NOT do it again as it will be summarily closed if you do.

Now, as to the ongoing rehashing of old news and videos, refrain from posting the same stuff over and over again. NEW news is fine, and keep the defamation out of it as that won't be tolerated.

Mind these simple rules and you can keep your thread open. I hope thats clear.

Thanks

Fight After Jet Ski Accident

On Thursday afternoon (6th), the Pattaya Police were called to stop a fight between a group of foreign tourists and a group of Thai men, which happened on the beach in front of Royal Garden Plaza.

Full story is HERE

PATTAYA PEOPLE 2011-01-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

They were apprehended until further notice to establish a fair agreement, which will be overseen by the police.

Wot a fkn joke!!!!

This is only going to get worse until somebody in authority takes their finger out of the cash pie and stands up for what is right, i firmly believe the next headline will be - "tourist killed for not paying trumped up charges to dodgy jet ski operator and his police buddies" - !!!!

They can muster up 350 cops for a BS raid on Soi 6 (if you believe it) yet the daylight roberry on the beach goes on usually "overseen" by one of two theivin cops, i wonder which story make more international headlines...........????????????

This is out of hand.

Phuket has had similar problems with these ski mafias. What's the current status there with the ski mafia? Was something done there to help fix it and did it work?

I think Phuket still has a few problems but surely not as bad as these bad ass mafia low down scammers in pattaya.

Edited by saintofsilence

All these scammers have police support.

They are now so brazen they are beating up tourists, pulling knives etc.

Some tourist will be killed soon and then maybe there will be a temporary crackdown ....then business as usual.

Last year a professional film maker exposed this on international TV and internet.

What did the Thai authorities do?

They blocked the website and prosecuted the film makers.

The scammers are still ripping off our guests.

It is quite obvious that , City Hall, the BiB and anyone else with any kind of power in Pattaya simply do not care about the welfare of the Tourist's who visit their City.

They could stop this in a heartbeat, if they wanted to.

Edited by Rimmer
see post 79

Saw another last evening on the stretch in front of the TQ. Four guys, Turks I think, and six of the Thai criminals. First a "policeman" in a polo shirt (yeah, right) tried to get them to pay up. After about an hour and a half a uniformed criminal showed up. They all walked across the road in front of TQ to continue the slow-motion robbery. After about 20 minutes, the whole bunch hailed a baht bus and off they went to who knows where, the thugs standing on the back so the victims couldn't escape.

This whole time, the four jet skis were sitting at the waterline, no one watching them. As darkness fell,

Edited by Rimmer
Suggesting destruction of property

It is quite obvious that , City Hall, the BiB and anyone else with any kind of power in Pattaya simply do not care about the welfare of the Tourist's who visit their City.

They could stop this in a heartbeat, if they wanted to.

It is the posters here on this thread that could forge a positive outcome,there are enough posting on here to have an influence

On Thursday afternoon (6th), the Pattaya Police were called to stop a fight between a group of foreign tourists and a group of Thai men, which happened on the beach in front of Royal Garden Plaza.

Full story is HERE

If I read the article correctly, there does appear to be damage done to the jetskis by the tourists crashing them and TRYING TO WALK AWAY??? Who is scamming who????

Sure real scams do exist and there are better ways to resolve conflicts like this when they arise to prevent "over-compensation"....but when a group of tourists knowingly damage the jetskis and then try to walk away, it merely allows the real scammers to use incidents like these as an "excuse" to perpetuate their thuggery.

Are there more tourists causing damage, either knowingly hooning around or unknowingly speeding into floating rubbish in the sea, and trying to walk away or more jetski scammers trying to extort from innocent tourists? I think the truth is in the middle somewhere, having seen how some of these tourists behave once they have a throbbing machine between their legs.

Ban the bloody things until the rogue operators are weeded out and when renters know how to use jetskis responsibly.

Full story is HERE

If I read the article correctly, there does appear to be damage done to the jetskis by the tourists crashing them and TRYING TO WALK AWAY??? Who is scamming who????

Sure real scams do exist and there are better ways to resolve conflicts like this when they arise to prevent "over-compensation"....but when a group of tourists knowingly damage the jetskis and then try to walk away, it merely allows the real scammers to use incidents like these as an "excuse" to perpetuate their thuggery.

Are there more tourists causing damage, either knowingly hooning around or unknowingly speeding into floating rubbish in the sea, and trying to walk away or more jetski scammers trying to extort from innocent tourists? I think the truth is in the middle somewhere, having seen how some of these tourists behave once they have a throbbing machine between their legs.

Ban the bloody things until the rogue operators are weeded out and when renters know how to use jetskis responsibly.

These type of incidents are extremely unfortunate amidst the huge amount of scamming currently going on with the jet-skis. Even in these circumstances I am sure that the operators will be trying to extract many times the cost of any damage, but the very fact that the renters apparently tried to walk away knowing that they may have damaged the jet-skis shows up the tourists in a bad light and adds the element of doubt to other occurrences. No matter how many instances of the scam have taken place this one incident gives the powers that be the grounds to stand up and say that the tourist was in the wrong.

It doesn't change the facts that many of us on here know to be true and that is that the scammers are at work every day and making a fortune ruining the holidays of unsuspecting tourists.

Runner.

The scammers said the tourists crashed it.

I don't believe it. Why give the scmmner the benefit of the doubt?

These guys are charging over and over for the same scratch.

If there is actual damage, their collection practices are unacceptable. (pulling knives, attacking people)

It's a scam backed by police. Plain and simple.

Most likely the police own this scam.

Of course there are cases where renters actually do cause new damage. However, in those cases, assuming they are dealing with a pack of mafia scammers anyway who force payment for no damage, you can bet the house the damages they extract for actual damage are inflated in the extreme.

I have a theory that possibly the jetsskies are originally damaged then repaired, over the course of several more rent outs,the repaired fiberglass will come lose and fall out, prompting the Thais to claim it as new damage, i may be well out but its a possibility as to why they get "damaged" so often

I have a theory that possibly the jetsskies are originally damaged then repaired, over the course of several more rent outs,the repaired fiberglass will come lose and fall out, prompting the Thais to claim it as new damage, i may be well out but its a possibility as to why they get "damaged" so often

That and carrying out alleged 50,000 Baht repairs with sticky tape!!

Hi all,

I'm new on this board but would like to add an idea.

I believe the Irish BM got a good result from his consulate when a warning about renting jet skis in Thailand was added to the travel advise for Thailand by the Irish Ministery of Foreign Affairs.

Why don't we all send e-mails to our embassies/consulates informing them of the scam and asking them to put up a similar warning.

Maybe more tourists will be forewarned; they will not rent the jet skis anymore and the scammers will go bankrupt. :rolleyes:

Better then trying to put up posters at the beach. That could cost you your life!!!!